“Your own little sanctuary”
Review of Villa Delle Stelle

Villa Delle Stelle
Ranked #105 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed in La Petite Suite which is small (as the name would suggest) but perfect for two.
We were able to check in early for a small fee which was welcomed after the long flight.
The bed is one of the most comfortable I have slept in, and the whole place is clean with good use made of the space.
Located in a residential area, and a short walk to the Hollywood Blvd and close to public transport.
This was far better than a non descript hotel.
Comfy, homely and great value in a good location. It was a pleasure to return to each day.
Highly recommended and would stay here agian without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Perrin123

Reviewed 12 November 2011

From the moment I found myself opening the antique, Indian, wooden double doors, then the French double doors that lead to the small patio, with blossoming orange and lemon trees, I knew I was in for a delightful surprise. I was right! There is no detail left to chance here. Beauty and comfort abide and welcome you. A silky soft bed flanked by antique bedside tables, a 50's Hollywood era lamp, sconces, and spots—all of which can be dimmed separately to your taste—nicely kept wooden floors and a kitchen with marble counter tops and stainless steel appliances. A life size painting of a homey kitchen scene completes the roomy ensemble to perfection. Then there is the stylish living room with a cream colored leather sofa and beautiful ceiling-to-floor cream colored silk drapes. You will feel pampered, relaxed, and completely taken care off from the moment you book your reservation. The staff could not be nicer. Kristen is all efficiency and cheerfulness, Anita is attentive and helpful, and Brogan is an absolute sweetheart of a woman who felt more like a dear friend than a Hotel manager. The best place to stay for the price, location, comfort, beauty, and relaxation it will afford you. Fully recommend it to all!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Wasilia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed 5 nights in the "Enchanted Cottage" at Villa Delle Stelle in Hollywood, CA and were very impressed with our room. The cottage was bigger and nicer than we expected and was priced well under what I would expect to pay for this type of accomodation in Los Angeles. The Cottage consisted of a full kitchen that was well stocked, a living room with flat screen tv, dining room, large bathroom and a good sized bedroom with a second flat screen tv. The bedroom also had doors out to a wrap-around deck. The cottage seemed much more like our home away from home than a hotel room.

There are some differences to this type of hotel than a regular hotel room that people should be aware of. These are not bad things and I actually really liked the concept. I never met anyone in person from the hotel as we arrived late and the code to enter the cottage had been emailed to me. The keys, welcome info and credit card receipt were waiting for us when we arrived. We did not have housekeeping in our cottage while there but there were plenty of towels, etc for us .I also knew this going in and was fine with it.

Villa Delle Stelle is located in a residential area about 1/2 mile or so from all the major attractions on Hollywood Boulevard and was within easy walking distance. The Enchanted Cottage was a bit difficult to find at night as the address was actually located on the curb. Maybe just operator error on my part but good information to know. Parking is tight but sufficientand is free. About the only issue we had was that the hotel specified parking for compact cars only and the people staying in the villa next to us had a very large SUV. This made it next to impossible to park in our designated spot but I solved that issue buy just parking behind them. The hotel staff said they would resolve the parking issue and we never saw the SUV again...not sure if they checked out or were asked to park elsewhere. Either way, it appears all of the villas have free parking but they mean when they say large cars or trucks won't fit.

The villa also had Direct TV connected to the tv's and the villa was wired for free wi-fi. The wi-fi worked ok but at times was quite slow. This could have been due to some bad weather and didn't affect us much at all. Overall, this is an excellent option in Hollywood...especially for someone who doesn't need or want all the normal hotel amenities. For me Villa Delle Stelle will be the first place I call to make a reservation for my next trip to Los Angeles.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bphawk64
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed in the petite suite on 9/10 for a night after watching a concert at the Greek Theater. Very small but cozy & cute. Perfect for 2 people. They have a binder set up with nearby attractions, taxi services, maps & take out menus. It's like having your own little apartment in the city. Very highly recommended, I wish we would have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I was hesitant about coming to the Villa Delle Stelle, but took a chance after seeing good reviews on this site. I am very happy I did choose this hotel. Its a not an actual hotel per se, but a series of homes that have been remodeled in different themes. I stayed in the Caribbean suite, and I loved it. One of my friends and his girlfriend took a look inside and said it was fantastic.
The suite I got was very clean, bedding and sheets clean. Some may say that thought the hotel was dirty, but its the decor. In my suite I everything was old (except appliances which were new) not bad old, but old with a purpose.
The neighborhood can seem seedy, but its downtown hollyweird. I had no issues during my stay. Its located between Sunset and Hollywood blvd, which means your within walking distance of the sights. Parking is a bit tight, definately no big trucks.

I highly recommend this Hotel if your looking for a quaint bungalow.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed at Villa Delle Stelle on and off for nearly two months while I was displaced from my home due to a plumbing flood. What a Godsend! I was lucky enough to get to experience several of their fabulous rooms. I never felt like I was living in a "hotel;" instead I felt like I had walked into my very own vacation home. The rooms are beautifully decorated and have everything you could possibly need....corkscrews, wine glasses, large salad mixing bowls, you name it, it's there.

I also found the owners and their employee to be incredibly gracious and welcoming. They went way up and beyond the call of duty to make a very difficult time in my life easier. Upon occasion a bottle of wine, gourmet cheese and crackers would show up in my room. They also provided a contact for a very reasonably priced and extremely talented masseuse.

I loved the place so much I suggested it to my boyfriend's daughter and her wedding party as a place to stay for their wedding weekend. I'm also looking forward to booking a few days in the near future for a little 'staycation' getaway.

Room Tip: My favorites were the Art Deco and Parisienne suites.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ErikaLamoureaux
Reviewed 2 July 2011

we stayed in the art deco suite as a couple with three friends.

this was a fantastic urban oasis/hideaway in an amazing location. there are tons of awesome bars and restaurants a short stroll away and if you don't feel like eating out there is a trader joes a few small blocks away and a beautifully stocked kitchen in the apartment. twenty steps from the front door is a chicken and waffles place that we didn't end up going to but had lines of people going around the corner when we arrived and seemed to be always packed.

the ladies who manage the guesthouse gave us a few great recommends for places to eat.

the apartment is well stocked with a good size bathroom with tub and a separate toilet with powder room. there are two entrances so that the master bedroom can function as its own unit. you can see the hollywood sign clearly from the back steps.

the only potential issue we had here is that it was advertised as having a queen size bed in the master bedroom (which was great) and a double bed in the spare room. the double was in fact a single. there was one rollaway bed and so our fifth person ended up sleeping on the couch. that didn't really bother him and so it wasn't an issue for us but it definitely only sleeps four on proper "beds".

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends