“The best Po' Boy sandwiches”

The Little Jewel of New Orleans
Ranked #173 of 10,975 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Just wanted to get out of the house with NOLA on my mind so the family and I checked out The Little Jewel of New Orleans. We have been wanting to go for sometime and the nephew had been hinting so we gave it a try. The place is great and helpful staff to navigate the menu. We got the Blackened Shrimp, Blackened Chicken, Peacemaker & Seafood Lover Po' Boy sandwiches that were excellent!!! Made me feel like I was in NOLA, they even have Abita Root Beer to make the New Orleans experience perfect

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Been several times and will go again. Reasonable price; good food and you can park. The menu changes and the market is fun to shop in.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

Went to this restaurant with family. The name of the restaurant was deceiving from the outside, it advertised as grocery & deli. Once inside, lo & behold! Yeah, man, it's like the real New Orleans ambiance! The smell, the set-up, the music, the crowd, the servers and the FOOOOOD! Ordered Po'Boy sandwich, half & half Po'Boy/shrimp sandwich, poutine and fried oysters - to die for. All perfectly prepared, just enough zip to tease the palate, portion large and price reasonable. Definitely will be back here on our next visit in LA.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We had lunch here for the first time and it was very good. It is on a side street near China town and Olvera Street. They have Muffulettas, Jambalaya, Po Boys, Beignets, etc. The fried Catfish was the best I have had since my mom made it for us in Tennessee! The sausage Po'Boy was filled with flavor and was delicious. The Banana pudding was rich and so yummy! They have a market filled with cajun spices, chou chou, red beans, breading etc. Go and enjoy.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

This place is tucked in the middle of Chinatown and has the BEST shrimp po’ boy. I had it with fries. I don’t eat most of the other things on the menu but would go back in a heartbeat for another po’ boy. Don’t let the location fool you. If you’re in the area, check it out. If you’re not in the area, drive down and check it out. You won’t be disappointed.