“Good Location, great value”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
Ranked #92 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Landmark
“Good Location, great value”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My daughter and i spent a week in the area the second week of January. This hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and the location is close to freeways for quick access in any direction. The hotel had many guests yet was quiet while we were there, you can hear road noise in the morning but nothing out of the ordinary. Although we did not walk anywhere in the neighborhood, it seemed quiet and safe and many restaurants and amenities are close.

1 Thank Ken F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Enjoyed my stay here. The staff was willing to do anything to my stay better. For a 2 star hotel it is a nice hotel.10 minute drive to the beach and several things to do in the area. I would recommend, if you are in the area and looking for great value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank joebizzy21
Denver
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Clean well maintained and courteous staff. Across the street and down the block is a great little Mom & Pop Breakfast Diner and next to that a Barbershop with great razor cut haircuts and low prices.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Good choice at the Harbor City area. Staff was very gentle and the manager gave us great assistance. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good price!

2 Thank Luiz M
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Clean, quiet, confortable, very good price. Staff is very, very gentle and efficient.

1 Thank LOA303374
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I've got to say, sometimes I think I live on a different planet. I found this place very pleasant. I had none of the unpleasant experiences a few other reviewers did. Or maybe it's improved a lot since then.
I needed to be in Long Beach @ 2PM for my check-in to my overnight yacht stay. I have a terrible time getting out of my house. so stayng someplace nearby LB with an 11AM check out time is the best way for me. I used my Choice Hotels website and located this little hideout which is actually in Harbor City, Just south of Torrance. The in-room (meaning in the living area) jacuzzi was the selling point. I have had other Choice hotels with this option and it is a little bit of heaven. I got off the 710 Freeway @ PCH thinking I would check out the dining/shopping options along the way. This is an area around the Port of LA so it is somewhat industrial/small town along the way. The Inn itself is in a nice enough area (actually quieter than I thought it would be) well kept and well lit. When I walked into the room, I was taken aback a little by the sparseness. There are no bedside lamps. The trick is, all the lighting is in the ceiling. Bedside switches turn on nice overhead lighting. The electronic key card goes into a reader in the wall & accesses all lighting, you control the off/on for each light. This is great for me, because I consistently lay the key down and can never remember where I left it last. When you leave you pull the card out and a timer shuts all the lights off. When you return the key goes back into the reader and immediately you have light. Slick. The room itself was spacious enough (obviously uncluttered) and clean. After soaking myself till I was a noodle, I slipped in between the nicest, softest, crisply pressed sheets ever & crashed out.
I thought I would drive into Redondo for some food & to buy a bottle of wine. Not 5-10 minutes north there is a gigantic shopping area which turned out to be Torrance. It was perfect-Trader Joe's, CVS, etc. Stopped by Macaroni Grill for some take out. Found a lively Happy Hour and ended up staying for Honor Bar Chianti & ended up eating there. Met some wonderful people and had an enjoyable visit. One of the long-time bar tenders was having a Birthday so the bar was filled with regulars & well wishers. Couldn't complain about a thing. Inn, food, shopping. Goes to show you never know what you will find when your not looking.

Room Tip: Mine was an end room, so not a lot of foot traffic. I take it back, there was one little thing, I w...