“Something to consider before booking” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #47 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, IL
“Something to consider before booking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had a very good experience, except for three things. The hotel misrepresented its proximity to the major Hollywood attractions on the web site. It is not a short mile nor is it walking distance to Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave. You have to take a 10-minute subway ride and walk a block to the Metro on Santa Monica Blvd. & Vermont. The computer available for guests is older. It froze many times and you cannot print or save files to the desktop (or Documents folder). The hotel should consider upgrading and offering a business center so guests can print their own airline passes, maps and coupons. Lastly, there is no indoor pool for use on cooler days.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank visuals4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Normally I dont write reveiws for hotels but this time I decided I must write. This is very very clean and nice and safe hotel. The price which you get with breakfast is excellent. Parking is very good and lolcation is very good too. Everything in the hotel is very good. Staff is very helpful and very freindly. I dont know why some people write some bad reveiws for this hotel , May be they have some there own problem while writing reveiws. Any body want to write a review , please calm down and than write any reveiws you want too. I give excellent points tothis hotel . Hotel managment good luck.

Room Tip: I stayed at room # 205 it was good, I dont know about other rooms . Take staff advise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank bobby s
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed for one night and booked through hotels.com where I got a good deal for $105 including taxes. If you arrive by car be aware that parking is $18 and change. Staff was very friendly, room was very clean, however the shower was warm at best and the water in the tub took forever to drain.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank onalarm
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Let me start from saying that this place is well worth the value and stay. I had booked a 2 bedroom with a friend of mine and we thoroughly enjoyed our 5 nights here. The breakfast here is a must, and comes free daily. The hotel was clean and I had no issues with anything here. It was secure with parking in the back. My friend and I are from vancouver, and we have decided to stay here again upon our next trip to LA. The location is perfect and you will not be stuck in traffic, as it is very central to all the sightseeing around hollywood. Going up the street of Vermont for a 5 min drive will take you to griffith observatory(must see in LA). It was not noisy at all, and the service here was superb. I could not have asked for anything better, and am glad to have stayed here. The management and the associates were a pleasure to talk to, and offered a personable experience. Don't hesitate to book this hotel! Its a great deal, the pictures do not do it justice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank m1ndsalad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We found the hotel convenient as we picked it to be close to the Kaiser hospital to be with a family member facing major surgery. Between visits we were able to visit LA by jumping on the Metro and head just about anywhere. The buffet breakfast at the hotel was an excellent start to the day, and the staff was friendly and helpful .
The room was comfortable and clean, except for not being a fan of feather pillows and plumbing noise . We enjoyed our stay and were able to walk or take the Metro anywhere we needed to go. The weather was too cool to try the pool but it looked very nice .
Yes we would stay there again !

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank FmOperator
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I came from Vancouver Canada and it was my first time in Los Angeles and after staying for 5 days it only made me want to come back for more. I would 100% stay again at Hollywood Hotel for the most important reason of all the location. How much close to the action can you possibly get. It is a block and a half walk, less than 5 minutes to the Red Line Metro station and that was my main mode of transportation the entire time I was there. I had ZERO problems with the location and found it to be safe either during the day or at night.
In addition, there is a Rite Aid open until 11 pm a 2 minute walk from the hotel where I was able to get anything I needed.
It was 4 stops to where the action was at Hollywood and Highland and perfect for all my tours I booked and just a couple more stops to Universal Studios which made my entire trip.

As for the cleanliness, I found it to be spotless. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels in Mexico that weren't as clean. The maids were always smiling, never failed to say good morning and as for the so-called rude front desk staff???? I never encountered any of that. Anyone I dealt with was more than welcoming and helpful.

I never found any issues with the air-conditioning; there was a switch that I could control at all times and it was ideal for the hot, hot weather I encountered.

As for my room, I found it to be perfect, especially the bathroom. Loved the shower that you could walk right into, the abundance of clean towels and again very well maintained.

I had requested a safe and I had a room with one so I was quite happy with that.

As for the free breakfast; again what is up with the complaints people????
I had toasted bagels with cream cheese and orange juice along with fruit each morning followed by yogurt and I was more than happy with that. In addition, there was a fresh omelette station if I so desired with pretty much any sort of filling I could dream of.

I must comment on the mgr Jeff's assistance in making sure I was happy with the room and made sure I was promptly taken care of weeks in advance. Excellent customer service that again you don't get in the big so called "name brand hotels."

All the amenities, great staff, wonderful room all adds up to a return trip for me and like I mentioned I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was more than pleased!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the walk-in shower room!! It's great. Also ask for room safe.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank cujoetta
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Not very clean. Good value for LA I suppose but would spend more money next time. Well-located for studio tour - not far from Burbank. Really noisy room - stayed two nights and first night nobody slept! No heat in room - had to cart out an oil-heater from the closet and plug it in (hard to find a plug) and leave it on all night. Very awkward. Poorly-designed/appointed room with mini fridge with microwave on top of it just plugged in and left almost in middle of a blank wall. Horrible to look at - mould in bathroom, dirty carpet. Photo of hotel misleading - not front door but entrance from parking lot!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family