Lowest prices for your stay
US$259
Hotels.comUS$259
PricelineUS$259
getaroom.comUS$305
2,986 results
All reviews cabana room spare room tropicana bar pool parties marilyn monroe chinese theatre pool area runyon canyon king suite our honeymoon amazing hotel valet parking universal studios hollywood academy poolside fame
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2021

I recently stayed here for a work related trip and needed to print some documents before leaving the hotel. I called down to the front desk and they told me to email them & they’d be more than happy to print them off. When I went down, I was greeted by one of the nicest front desk agents I have ever met. She was very kind, professional & an overall joy to be around. There were a few issues trying to print my documents but she was committed to helping me. Her professionalism and compassion is like nothing I’ve seen before and truly made my stay so much better. Thank you so much Nicole! It’s employees like her who go the extra mile that truly elevate a guest’s experience from good to great! The Hollywood Roosevelt is lucky to have her!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2021

Dear jph498,

Greetings from your many friends in Los Angeles and thank you for calling our hotel “home” during your recent business travels. We have long believed that the spirit of our hotel is defined by the genuine hospitality that exudes from our team and your comments regarding Nicole further affirm that sentiment. We thank you for calling attention to her efforts and please know that when we made her aware of your feedback, she asked that we pass along her gratitude and a warm hello.

Once more, we thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful story and we hope the months ahead allow you the chance to join us again. If we can assist in planning your return, we invite you to be in touch.

All the best,

Reviewed February 8, 2021 via mobile

Every year my husband and I watch Casablanca on Valentine’s Day. This year we were totally thrilled to see that the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel was holding a drive-in showing of Casablanca, with a picnic for 2 and a special shout-out to your Valentine before the show. Andrew Priest at the hotel went above and beyond to help me make my VIP ticket plans for the event. Excellent, responsive and helpful service. Excited for this and future Hollywood Roosevelt events. Thank you, Andrew, for making sure my husband and I will have a wonderful and memorable Valentine’s Day!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kris310LA,

Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite times of the year and we thank you and your husband for including us in your plans time and again. While things are a little different this year, we have still found safe ways to celebrate the romantic weekend and we are thrilled to learn that you will be joining us for the Drive-In Movie event.

We appreciate the kind words regarding Andrew, feedback we will be sure is shared and celebrated with him and the rest of our Hollywood Roosevelt team. If there is anything more we can do to ensure your weekend ends with treasured memories, we invite you to let us know. Until then, we thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you later in the week.

Reviewed January 31, 2021

This review is going to be a very long and detailed one… but it’s worth the read.

I was booked to stay at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel from January 19th to the 25th. These six nights were part of my birthday trip. I come to LA every year for my birthday to escape Michigan weather. Being that we are in a pandemic, my entire reason for booking this hotel was to have a nice room to STAY in, to enjoy the view of downtown from my window, and to relax. What happened during the TWO nights I was here was HORRIFYING.

On the day I arrived, I pulled into the somewhat full parking lot and was greeted by the valet. Because we’re in a pandemic, actual valet service was not available (which I prefer anyway, to be honest). The parking lot was unusually full because there was a crew there discussing and planning (for what I was told) a photoshoot to be taking place there during the weekend. Fine by me. I was informed that my car might have to possibly be moved because of the shoot. Again, fine by me.

I went inside to check in. The clerk at the desk was very kind. He informed me about the photoshoot that was going to be happening and that the crew were going to be taking over the pool area. Kind of a bummer, but I could deal with that. The package I purchased for my stay included free self parking, and free breakfast for two each day. The clerk let me know that breakfast wasn’t offered every day, but only on the weekend. I understand that we are in a pandemic, but why would you sell breakfast in a package and then not offer it? He then informed me that I had a $45 per day food allowance. Great!

The next morning, after I went to pick up coffee from a place on the corner, I stopped at the desk to clarify what that $45 per day was valid for if breakfast wasn’t offered each day. The woman at the desk had absolutely no clue. First she told me breakfast only, then she told me it could be used for lunch or dinner. Which is it? (I never utilized this benefit, in fear that I was being told the wrong information and did not want to be charged extra for room service if the credit wasn’t even valid).

What she said next was something I would never in a million years imagine happening. “Oh by the way, the hotel might be bought out for filming, so we might have to ask you to leave.” I’m sorry… what? There was no clarification. Leave for the day? Leave for good? What is happening?! I went back to my room in complete fear of what was going to happen next. Am I going to be HOMELESS in HOLLYWOOD during a PANDEMIC?!

I immediately reached out to a few of my friends in the filming industry to ask what the typical protocol is for something like this. I got mixed answers. I sat in my room for a few hours, scared to leave. Eventually, I had to go get food. When I arrived back, the same woman at the desk told me that I would have to leave by the next morning. Check out at noon. It was around 4 pm when I was informed I’d have to leave. This is less than 24 hours notice.

Now, these six nights at this hotel cost me over a grand. I was charged in full plus an incidental hold. Everyone’s finances are different… but I don’t just have another extra grand to throw down on a new hotel. This woman at the desk told me she “didn’t know what to tell me” when I explained that I didn’t have any funds to just book another place. Even after they process a refund for the nights I didn’t stay (which, she told me would only be a refund for three nights… even though my total nights stayed would only be two after this fiasco) those funds do not immediately show up in your account. It takes at least 2-3 days! This woman had absolutely NO empathy, said it wasn’t her fault that she had to be the “bad guy” with the news… etc. She claims to be a “manager” but that was a joke.

Now I’m back in my room, trying to figure out what to do. I called a hotel that I had stayed in on a previous trip to see if they would help me out in a pinch. This hotel is fine, but it doesn’t have a view, doesn’t have as nice of rooms, and isn’t as quiet… Not what I had in mind to spend my remaining four nights. At this point, I had to do what I had to do in order to not be HOMELESS.

I called down to the lobby and got another clerk on the phone, Jay. He at least understood how to politely speak to guests. He must not have gotten word that I was already spoken to, because he gave me the whole speech again about how they were bought out and that I would have to leave. He straight up told me that “times are tough” and said that because of the pandemic, the hotel has to “do what they have to do” for money. He straight up said that my money and my stay means nothing, and that the film production trumps any other guests. APPALLING. He let me know that he would be refunding all but one night’s charges. Great. But there was still no offer to help find accommodations.

Two things should have happened in this situation. First, upon check in, I should have been informed of the production. Second, I should have been asked to find other accommodations BEFORE I even checked in (or, more favorably, other accommodations should have been booked FOR ME, at a similar hotel, in the vicinity, complimentary).

After check out, I received an email with a survey to fill out about my stay. The basis of the response was that he "would have helped me find other accommodations had he known I needed help"...

Again, HORRIFYING. OF COURSE I made other arrangements! I was afraid of being homeless as this was NOT ORIGINALLY offered to me! I would NEVER give these people another chance! Had they offered a complimentary weekend or something of the sort, maybe I would have given them another chance. But considering how expensive this place is, I would never give them another penny in fear of another situation like this happening.

This situation ruined an entire day of what was supposed to be a RELAXING birthday trip. If you want to possibly be forced out onto the streets during a pandemic, by all means, book with this hotel. But for better customer service and getting your money’s worth… I would recommend ANYWHERE else!

P.S. The hotel was bought out by T-Mobile. You mean to tell me I couldn’t be in the building while they filmed a phone commercial? Give me a break.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the hills AND downtown
Date of stay: January 2021
5  Thank TheRenDetroit
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2021

Dear TheRenDetroit,

Greetings and Happy Birthday once again. We thank you for choosing our hotel to serve as the host of your celebratory retreat and we apologize again for the miscommunications. As your comments note, a full buyout of the hotel did occur and while no instruction was needed, our team responded by partnering with each of our in-house guests to ensure that alternate accommodations were found at hotels of similar quality. I am disappointed to learn that our resources were not offered to you and I hope you can accept our sincerest of apologies for a very unfortunate miscommunication.

Upon receiving your review, a member of our leadership team has been trying to contact you to extend a more personal apology on behalf of our team. We have not been able to reach you thus far, though we hope to do so in the day or two ahead and we invite you to respond back to the contact information left in our messages. Once more, we apologize for the misunderstanding and we look forward to extending our more humble apologies and one day winning your heart with a more treasured Hollywood experience. Until then.

Reviewed January 28, 2021 via mobile

Wow! This hotel is amazing. I met Bill who is beyond knowledgeable of the hotel and so friendly! He honestly enhanced my experience staying here SO much. I cannot thank him enough! He truly went way beyond to ensure that I could get everything I desired to know about the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 777candacek
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2021

Dear 777candacek,

Bill is a gem, one of many on our team, and we will be sure to celebrate your wonderful feedback with him. While we know our location is nearly perfect and our rooms provide a comfortable home-base, we have long believed that it is the gracious hospitality provided by our colleagues which brings guests back through our doors time and again and your thoughtful feedback further affirms that notion.

We thank you again for taking a moment to share and we invite you to be in touch if we can assist in planning another Hollywood retreat.
Until then.

Reviewed January 22, 2021 via mobile

Fantastic hotel!
Stayed there several times...
The pool area is an absolut favorite, great food and a fantastic vibe..
Great staff and helpfull!
If you want to be close to all the tourist stuff then this area is perfect!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank EmirK5
B P, Other at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2021

Dear EmirK5,

Our pool is a bit of an icon in Hollywood and we are thrilled to learn that you so enjoy taking in the sun and spending some time by the water. We appreciate your kind review, especially your comments regarding the gracious hospitality provided by our team. On behalf of your many Hollywood Roosevelt friends, the pleasure is always ours and we look forward to you visiting again, hopefully, one day soon.