See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Travelled in Oct 18. Booked this hotel as a base for all the touristy things, not the best location for Hollywood/Beverly hills..everything is an uber drive to and from downtown!

This hotel would be great for business purposes as you are in the heart of LA financial district. Rooms where clean and made up everyday, staff were also friendly and helpful.

As this is a central city location, there was A LOT of noise!!! Sleeping was difficult and you would need earplugs unless you are lucky enough to fall asleep in the middle of a war zone haha!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Very close to The Broad Museum, and the Walt Disney, Dorothy Chandler, Mark Taper, and Ahmanson venues, this hotel looks like an apartment building on the outside but has modern interiors, from the lobby with high ceilings, to the hardwood floor rooms that make the most of your typically compact urban rooms. Soap and shampoo dispensers, a micro fridge, hot water kettle, and connectivity panel to plug your own device into the TV are nice to have.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2018

The room was very small with twin beds but we were here for just a night so it would do. The location is great for visiting DTLA and it's very easy to catch the metro or an uber.

The bathroom had only Dial brand soap and shampoo dispensers so take the info on their website about signature toiletries with a grain of salt. The ac worked well but was a bit loud. The room was mostly quiet, we only heard a bit of street noise. The lobby is nice but the rooms aren't as lovely as the lobby was. Wifi was speedy and there was a mini fridge and a microwave. Linens were on the thin side.

There is a cheap parking garage a block away. It's gated and covered. It only cost us $5 to park overnight which was great! I believe it's called 213 Spring, yet it's located on Broadway. There is a Blue Bottle coffee shop about 5 min away and Grand Central Market is also suuuper close.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Stayed in room #413 on Wed, Sept 5th. Went for a nice dinner at Perch Restaurant and got in around 130am. Around 230am, my gf got up to turn down the a/c. She woke me up when I heard her scream..."there is a bug on my pillow". When she turned on the lights, we proceeded to kill 10 bed bugs. When we squeezed them, blood would come gushing out. I went down and talked to the front desk clerk and he said he couldn't refund me but would have the manager contact me in the morning. He offered to have us change rooms but we decided to check out at 325am. No call from the manager in the morning. I called and left a voice mail and no response. I emailed the hotel and no response. So instead of me going to LA to feast, we were the main course for the bugs at the Kawada Hotel!!

Room tip: Don't stay here unless you want your blood sucked!!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ziggggzzzz
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We liked their renewed room. The bad was super comfy and we liked the room. The shower was not new but still nice. The pillow cases and towels were clean. One block behind the grand market. You are able to eat lots of delicious things while you are staying there

Date of stay: July 2018