“A wonderful Hideway in L.A. Next to the Getty Museum!”

Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #17 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“A wonderful Hideway in L.A. Next to the Getty Museum!”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The Luxe is a wonderful Hideway from all the mess that encompass LA. Just off the 405 freeway at Sunset, this gem has been renovated into a high end hotel. It was the Bel Aire Sands in a former life. I have been a guest for over 20 years. Great location, easy access to Beverly Hills, Westwood and the Valley. The only negative was the WiFi is spotty around the property.
A very friendly staff and all the amenities you need: pool,tennis court and a Spa on sitting in the trees above the crazy 405 expressway. The Getty is next door if you crave culture on your trip to the City of Angel's. I give the Luxe a big thums up overall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Alan C,

We truly appreciate your feedback, especially given that it comes from someone who is from the area and has known the hotel for so long. I am happy to report that the one item you noted requiring attention, the Wi-Fi connection, will be upgraded ten fold from 3 mbps to 30 mbps in mid May. As always, this service will be complimentary. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Reg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed at the Luxe this past weekend, while in Los Angeles to attend a family event. It was recommended to me by a relative in LA, who knew the hotel was in a good location from which to attend the various parties. He hadn't stayed at the hotel himself but had heard good things about it. So I booked it.

As I drove up late last Friday, I realised I had stayed at the hotel before, under it's former name and ownership, which I think was the Beverly Sands. The hotel staff was very welcoming to this weary traveler and quickly processed by check in and got me into a room. The hotel was actually in two parts; the lower building where I had my room and the upper building, above the other part and reachable by golf cart or foot. I had a massage and facial the following afternoon at the spa in the upper building.

I was very impressed by both the service and accommodation at the Luxe. I had been a little troubled by the possibility about not being young and hip enough to stay at the Luxe, given it's reputation, but found there was none of that vibe in the air. I had booked a small suite because I was guaranteed a walk-in shower instead of a shower-in-a-tub, and the room was excellently furnished in a stylish, low-key way. Both room and bathroom were kept immaculate by the staff for the time I was there. And the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Who could ask for a better hotel stay?

Oh, and the reason I mention the "quiet" part in the review's title? Because the Luxe is located at the Sunset Avenue exit of the 405. But the hotel is so well placed and insulated by foliage that I never once heard the freeway noise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
northern California
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed at the Luxe on Sunset twice now and it has many excellent qualities. Foremost, the staff is very customer oriented and they go out of their way to please. The valet staff was plentiful and there was never a wait for my car to be taken or delivered. Room service was fast and efficient even after 10 pm. My room was always made up perfectly; fresh sheets on the beds without requiring a special request and evening turn down. Although the Luxe was some sort of motel in its former life, this is only evident in the hallways. The public spaces and guest rooms are very chic and decorated in soothing natural colors. Standard rooms are not huge, but the size is adequate. Rooms in the main building have balconies where you can sit outside and watch the birds in the foliage, a rarity in LA. The location is adjacent to the 405 freeway, but traffic noise is not a problem inside the rooms. The main negative was that construction was continuing on the 405 and there were detours on Sunset which were inconvenient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear SiskiyouTraveler,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your comments regards to our atmosphere and service. It certainly echos what others are saying and sets us apart from our competitive set.

The I-405 project will be completed by August of this year in our neighborhood, easing the detours and inconvenience associated with them. I am sorry your experienced difficulty with in that area.

I hope you continue to make us your hotel of choice in Los Angeles.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Every time I travel to LA on one of my business trips, I stay at the Luxe on Sunset. I can always count on consistent service that's always stellar. Because I travel so much, I don't have much loyalty to a hotel chain other than it being 4 stars or better, as I've had inconsistent service when revisiting many hotels. The Luxe is always the same. Great staff, great rooms, and great food. I look forward to the complementary glass of wine they offer during their reception in the evening, and the turn down service is also a nice treat.

I even love the location being right off the 405. I can jump right on and head to a meeting with no problem. I think the only downside that I have with the hotel is the parking. It's like $25/night, and there is only valet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have recently been on a family trip around America with Luxe on Sunset, LA being our second port of call. The hotel is in a lovely location with spacious suites and rooms and the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever encountered with nothing being too much trouble. The food is really good and the overall cost of the hotel and service is extremely reasonable for the standard. I was really sad to leave here and would definately return and recommend to friends/family.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in the main hotel (there is an upper level around the pool). We had a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Budsysmrs,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Our people are indeed friendly and dedicated to service. I will pass on your comments regarding the food to our Executive Chef and his team as well.

We wish you safe travels and please come back to see us whenever you pass through Los Angeles.

Budapest
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very nice boutique hotel, the rooms are extremelly spacious and very stylish!
We stayed there as two couples, got rooms just right opposite on the corridor - so attention to detail already at check in!
The whole hotel has a very nice stlye and kind of atmosphere of busy, but calm - nice vibe!
We only stayed two nights and had a lot to see in town, but I wish we could have enjoyed also the hotel facilities more.

One important thing about the service I would like to highlight and give special thanks!
We have left behind a few personal items in the hotel, which were found, held for us and sent to us with no delay. Irma Escobar, leading housekeeping services was extremelly helpful. Sending items to Europe can have customs duty issues - so was our case and Irma helped us right away to issue new documentation, etc. Very prompt responses and helpful approach - thank you very much for taking the time and effort and understanding how a couple of T-shirts or a pair of shoes can be so personal that you miss them! :-))

The hotel is also very convenient location, as a tourist you can reach many sights very easily!

Once again great thanks to the hotel, but especially to Irma!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear FMFP,

I am very pleased to read your comments regarding your recent stay, especially the one about your lost and found items being returned to you in such a professional and timely fashion. Irma is truly the best and exemplifies the finest in personal service. I look forward to sharing your review with her and thank you for taking the time to post it.

We hope to see you again whenever you travel to Los Angeles.

Alamo, California
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Two stays within one month - one for work at a location on Sunset and the other a family event at the Getty. Talk about convenience and luxury feel. Great service, just the right level of it too. Got the continental breakfast comped. I cannot, no way, eat a big breakfast. Mandatory valet service was super efficient. Really nice drop off -pick up feel too. Overall I felt I got more than I paid for. Always nice.

1 Thank BobOxenburgh