1,457 results
All reviews downtown la public library corner room rooftop deck the financial district pershing square heart of downtown an older building stay downtown staples center hot tub music center business trip rooms are small valet parking lobby bar bed was very comfortable
Reviewed October 4, 2018

This was a disappointing stay. There was no greeting when I arrived; I was treated like I wasn't even a guest. Lobby construction was still ongoing and did not appear to be finished on time (I was there on 9/30). The king room was very small - I could touch the walls from the bed - and had an outdated phone, an exit plan showing the wrong room, an alarm clock with an incorrect time, etc. In short, the room was tired and worn and there was little attention to detail. The bathroom was large and well laid out. The 'business center' consisted of 2 computers next to the elevator.

Two high points of the property were the rooftop deck and the server at breakfast. Even though he appeared to be working alone and there were many patrons, the waiter in the Checkers restaurant provided excellent service. The continental breakfast was simple and delicious.

I have stayed at a number of downtown properties over the years and found this hotel lacking.

Stayed: September 2018
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in many aspects of your stay, and we will share your feedback with our team.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

This was very close to an event I attended at OUE Skyspace. Restaurant was quiet and had good service. We had a corner room which was very quiet. I'm not a wordy person so enacting this 200 word minimum is crazy.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the quiet of your room as well as your interactions with restaurant staff. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

If you want to get away from the enormous hotels, this is your place. Very intimate and in a great location. This is a nice, older boutique hotel with historic touches. There is a great lobby bar where you can meet your friends or colleagues for a drink and a bite to eat. Would go back.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us and for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back on another visit to Los Angeles.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The Hilton Checkers is conveniently located in downtown Los Angeles, and only 19 minutes by Uber from the LA FC stadium near USC. The Last Bookstore is also located about 4 to 5 blocks from the hotel, and a must for book lovers of all ages.

Our room was cozy, and the king size bed was incredibly comfortable. As a Hilton Honors member, we are usually upgraded without asking, this was not the case. We stayed only for 1 night as planned, and left Sunday morning for our trip back to the San Francisco Bay Area. We attended the sold out LA FC vs San Jose Earthquakes soccer match on Saturday night, and enjoyed an exciting LA FC 2-0 win over the Earthquakes!

A great weekend with friends and family!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for staying with us! We are so happy to hear that you had a great weekend, and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I stayed at this hotel in March 2018 during a business trip. Although it was clean the room décor was old and outdated. Neither of the lamps worked in my room and neither did the refrigerator. I had them replace that, which they promptly did, but still. Also, when I checked in, they were nice asking if I had ever stayed there before. After telling them "no" I thought they would have told me about the hotel a bit. (ie. where elevators were located, did I need parking, any events that may occur during the day (happy hour, etc.) but instead I got nothing. I had to wonder around and find the elevators and then whenever I went by the front desk they ignored me. Not what I am accustomed to and not a really good business practice. Frequent travelers usually are recognized but I seemed to be a bit of a bother to them. The location is also a little farther away from restaurants and shopping, etc. If that is what you are looking for, I would probably suggest a different hotel - maybe the Sheraton Grand.

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We understand you may choose not to stay with us in the future, but we hope you will consider other Hilton properties on your travels.