All reviewsstudio cityuniversal studioswhole foodsbreakfast buffetstay there againfirst floorbit datedhollywood blvdcereal
Reviewed September 13, 2016

On a recent trip to Los Angeles I decided to stay as close to the Burbank, Bob Hope Airport as possible. I was surprised at the high room rates in the LA area. Not a lot of choices for under $150 a night. I finally decided to stay at the Mikado Hotel in North Hollywood. The lobby and adjoining restaurant seemed nice, so it was a surprise when I saw the outside of the rooms. At first glance, it looks like a converted motel. Don’t let that fool you. The rooms are well maintained, no smoking, and quite comfortable. Fresh linens, toiletries and large beds are the order of the day. They even provide slippers and a robe for your stay. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. There is also free parking, free WiFi and free breakfasts for hotel guests. All in all, it was a pleasant stay with no complications.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2016

We stayed here for our last few days in California. We stayed in various hotels throughout California and this was reasonably priced, close to the freeway and Universal Studios. Breakfast and parking was included in the price and overall was very good. Pool was a good size, breakfast basic but filling. The only drawback was the rooms need some updating. They are a good size but just need some TLC. The restaurant may benefit from a refit into a more modern bar/restaurant but the hotel itself is sound.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2016

This place is clean, quiet, nice looking, and up-to-date. I'm not sure about the parking situation because we were able to park in the small parking lot in the front. I didn't check further than that. Good neighborhood, too, and close to the Hollywood Bowl and easy freeway access. I'll stay again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

This was the first hotel we visit in our trip in California. We staid for two nights. The hotel its location is perfect, close to Hollywood studio's , and other main atractions. The hotel is old dated, needs some upgrade. The advertise with internet, but 90% of the time it doesn't work. Asked at the frontdesk, and they told me to call the helpdesk myself ???

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here while going to Universal Studios Hollywood. The room was surprising small, and they messed up our room which caused them to have to bring a roll away bed which made the room even smaller. Everything in the room was pretty nice, average for a hotel like this. Our first night a terrible fight broke out in the courtyard which was not stopped by anyone until they were done, including a lot of swearing. We reported it but they said no one else had said anything. Breakfast was ok, but there was no fruit. About a 10 minute drive to Universal which was pretty nice, and 20 to Beverly Hills. Don't know if we'd ever stay again, but it was fine for what we were doing.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family