“Our stay in California”
other travellers have booked this property
Exotic LA Our Prestigious Guests
Grand Patio
Patio-Waterfall-Jacuzzi
Patio
Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Michael V
San Antonio, Texas
“Our stay in California”
Reviewed March 19, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Very nice and comforting home away from home. We had no problems and if we had any questions Barbie was just a phone call away. The master bathroom had a Jacuzzi and it was very relaxing. Especially for my wife who is 5 months pregnant. It made up for not being able to use the pool due to the rain and cold weather. Not the owner's fault by the way. Other than that we enjoyed ourselves and slept comfortable. The piano was a plus for our son. He entertained us while we ate dinner together. It was beautiful. Thank you so much Barbie and J for making us feel at home. Hopefully we can visit again very soon!!

Swansea County, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Cwags4418
“Nice owners, pool and hot tub cost extra to heat.”
Reviewed December 2, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

The owners are very nice people. The house is in a nice quite safe neighborhood but there isn't much in walking distance. You have to drive pretty much everywhere.
The hot tub costs an extra $50 a day to heat, so we were very bummed about that. We knew he pool wasn't heated but just assumed the hot tub would be hot (included in the rental price) or it would not to referred to as hot tub.
The house is spacious and we loved the outdoor area and grill. The outdoor space is its best selling feature! All the beds were very comfortable and linens were clean.
The description states it has six bathrooms but it actually has 3. 3 was enough for us but just thought I would mention it. The house is older and a bit dated.
The next door neighbors dog barks all morning so if you plan to sleep past six am good luck. I know it's not the home owners fault but it was very frustrating while on vacation. Every morning for 5 days straight the dog would bark from 6 am to 9 am.... It's very loud and hard to ignore.
I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone as the additional cost of the hot tub, dog barking, and dated interior. I think there are better homes in the area in this price range. I would've also liked if there were places nearby in walking distance (shops,restaurants, etc.)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
31 Dec 2015
Hello Dear Guest, I have read your message and I hear you loudly. First and foremost, thank you for stating you would actually come back and stay with us, regardless of any disagreement you may have had while at our home. Next, while setting-up the account, we stated 3 bathrooms, but for some reason, when you say full bathrooms, the systems added up 6 bathrooms, but I've fixed that up, so apologies for that inaccurate information you read under the property's description. Also, as far as the year of the house, it's not a new construction property in LA, but a well kept home instead and one we're proud of, like many of us homeowners in any city, or country are. We're glad to learn that you enjoyed the comfort and hope you can appreciate all the upgrades we've made to this Residential Home. By the way, Residential areas are usually private, and the reason being is to keep you safe and away from the City's noise, offer a jog, a trail walk, a Golf Course and nature in general. Should you need a walking distance home, then you may want to stay directly by the Beach areas, or choose a Non-Residential, upscale area in LA. As a matter of fact, to us here that is actually classy. Therefore, you either can choose Downtown, or the Beach area next time. However, if you enjoyed walking, you could've walk over it to Rinaldi and find a full shopping center, within a 15 minute walk. As fr as the dog barking, I always ask all guests to call, text or e-mail if there are any additional questions or concerns. I would've love hearing this from you throughout your first day stay, and will take serious concern over this, by reporting to the city. Lastly, any homeowner who has experience with pool heating, would perhaps agree that it actually takes much more than fifty dollars per day to warm up a big pool per day. By the way, when we state there's a hot tub in the house, we mean such because there's a hot tub/jacuzzi with jets in the master-bedroom. Pardon us if you assumed there was a "heated" jacuzzi outdoors. I am sure you can find a beautiful place in California, my State is full of wonderful places. One thing I know and am certain of, My House is Your Home, and at the end what I hear from you, is that you would stay with us again, which means it's a special Home, because is filled with Love, and you felt that.
Eric N
Memphis, Tennessee
“Absolutely beautiful home that's perfect for a stay near LA!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

From the moment we first reached out to Barbie to the day we left, everything was perfect. Her and her husband were very accommodating and extremely friendly. The home was very lovely and everything was spotless. The beds were comfortable and the pool area was first class and very relaxing. We only used 2 bedrooms but all 4 are very roomy and considering the kitchen and other community rooms throughout the house, this home would very comfortably accommodate 4 couples very easily. If you're looking for a serene location close to LA for your your next trip to sunny southern California, you couldn't find a better spot!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The professionalism and friendliness of the owner.
Liked least: Driveway was angled too much so our exotic cars had trouble scrapping when trying to get into the garage.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Oct 2015
Dear Eric,

Thanks again for choosing and trusting Best LA Vacation Home for your LA stay. We are so pleased knowing that you enjoyed your LA Vacation in our home, and sincerely look forward to having you come back again as often as you wish. From the moment you chose Best LA Vacation Home, we inherited you with all respects, as not only a guest, but also a friend. Please publicly accept my gratitude for being so humble, for being such a great individual and such a caring person. You took care of our property as if it was your own and went the extra mile by leaving us a memoir of your passion and essence...My house now shows your gorgeous pictures, thanks again Eric. There's no way we could keep going, nor improve each day, without special guests as you. It's so inspirational when a guest leaves us a note as the one you did on our special notebook, plus knowing you left Best LA Vacation Home relaxed, happy and satisfied, meets our biggest expectations of making you Happy. Thanks again for your genuine self, for your beautiful and positive remarks over Best LA Vacation Home and us. Please know that you're now part of our Loyalty Guest Program. When you and guests visit LA, we hope you feel you can count on Best LA Vacation Home, for years to come!
Linask13
“Fabulous stay! Fabulous host! 100%!”
Reviewed September 3, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I have been to LA a lot of times and this was the first time I decided to try out a vacation rental (I usually stay at hotels). To be honest, I was nervous going into it because the process is a little bit different than a hotel, but I am so glad I did. To start my review, I think it would be best to talk about the owners as owners are a big contributing factor to the experience of a rental. From the beginning, Barbie, the owner, was attentive and willing to answer any and all of my questions that came her way; and, trust me, I had a lot of questions from the moment I booked to the moment I left! She always responded promptly and made it clear she was there to assist me in any questions I had and made me look forward to my trip even more, which is nearly impossible considering I absolutely love California as it is. She was polite and very accommodating - I truly cannot think of another host I would rather deal with.
As far as location goes, this was a great location. You are away from the nightlife and consistent traffic that LA life brings, but close enough to catch an uber or drive to Venice, Hollywood BLVD, downtown LA in a reasonable time frame.
In regards to the overall property, it was clean, smelt lovely, and Barbie even brought pans/a beater so I could bake lol. There is your own pool, with lights to use at night, and a waterfall that you can have on or off because there is a control that you have the power to set whenever you wish. You also have access to a barbecue. This rental has a bathtub, shower, televisions, dining room table, outside patio, etc... I really enjoyed the layout of the house because if you wanted your own space, it allowed for it; while at the same time, if you wanted some open space to socialize, there was room to do that too.
I would like to mention as well that there is FREE WIFI!! You are also close to a Whole Foods store as well as a Wal-Mart and various other restaurants, gas stations, 7-Eleven, etc...You truly do not need to go far unless you are going to a specific place (Disneyland, Baseball game, etc...)
Overall, a wonderful experience! I have even spoken to Barbie since! Fantastic stay; I highly recommend! =)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Oct 2015
Wow! thanks for your comments above and for highlighting all the details that made Best LA Vacation Home, your Fabulous LA Home!
Words cannot express how happy I was to ever have you staying in our home, and mostly, making you very happy and at ease. Plus, the fact that I was the first Home you ever stayed at, and to know you got to relax and enjoy everything about it, makes it even more meaningful to me. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to LA, you're such an adorable person, now also part of our Loyalty Guest Program and will always be delighted to servicing you and arranging the Best LA Vacation Home stay in LA for you. Thanks again for choosing us, we know you have many choices out there, and it's not easy to trust simply by pictures or by what a description states over the internet, but what you read, and what you see thru the pictures, is what you get with us, so thanks for your trust, really. When I say Mi Casa Es Su Casa, I mean it, and I look forward to having my Home, pamper you again during your next trip to LA, each and every time.
Staying in touch with you after your stay, is what makes us not just a guest-owner relationship type, but partners for life in achieving success together, towards a magnificent LA Vacation, and I am here for you, should you ever need anything. Best LA Vacation Home, will be awaiting for you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing