“Dinner in a train car”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We had just arrived at our hotel and went for a walk to find this place. The food wasn't bad and it was kind of a cute concept with the rail car and all. There was a lot of food on the menu. Don't expect fancy decor when you go. I would go again.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I went along to ask if they could cope with a group of 32 at 9pm, all at once. No problem, was the answer. It looked cute to be on the train carriage, but there are absolutely no frills. I had a chilli burger, fries (which came unsalted, excellent) and a drink for little over 10USD. I thought this was excellent value. We sat outside in the heat of the evening. Efficient and value service for our group only a stone's throw from the hotel.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

I like my hot dogs unadulterated and ordered a plain dog. I was surprised how bland and tasteless the hot dog was...not juicy and very little flavor. I am sure if I had plenty of toppings on it, I would not have noticed the lack of flavor. The restaurant also offers burgers and french fries. The chili fries were quite good. The reastaurant, which looks like a train car, has its own parking lot.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Carney's is a WeHo staple....burgers and dogs are really good, chili fries too....and they have a pretty large sampling of other stuff too....chicken, salads, wraps, vegan, and beer!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 29, 2018

If you go here you're going for the history behind the place, and the fact that it's Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory's favorite restaurant -- not for the food. The food is ok, but I'm not sure it's worth the hustle and bustle to get there.

Eating out of an old train car is pretty cool though!

Date of visit: October 2017