“Bit of a dump”

Rodeway Inn near Venice Beach
Ranked #296 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We booked late, so expected to pay a premium, but when you do pay a premium, it's not unreasonable to expect a decent standard of accommodation. That was not provided by this place. The room was small, with a distinct odour and badly in need of renovation.
Parking was limited and the breakfast was pathetic.
The location is OK-ish, but I would not stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 May 2016

The place is very basic on a busy street in Culver City. It didn't seem to be one of the Choice Hotel properties all though we found it on that website. Had Direct TV cable with no directions. Had to get the night clerk to come and explain to us. It was clean but not inviting. No continental breakfast and promised coffee was not available in the morning. $126.07 including taxes.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B J
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Borderline dump, charging 150 a night? Really? Dirty, exposed wires where a light used to be, torn carpets, handle on shower falling off. Just a place you can't get a comfortable feeling staying at. I hope this helps

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 24 October 2015

I stayed 3 nights while in the area for a family member's memorial. I chose this area because it was not far from funeral home and my family's home. Clean little older hotel with amenities (fridge, microwave, granite counter top, tile, crown molding, flat screen, free Wi-Fi, ironing board, hair dryer, simple continental breakfast, air conditioner blows cold!). Reasonably priced, large room, comfortable bed, security cameras. Woman in office was very accommodating and helped me with directions.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2015

I made a phone reservation by recommendation of agent, but while I was waiting for confirmation #, check it out on internet and saw bad reviews. Told the agent, but informed me I couldn't cancel without losing my payment. As the price was about 185 plus tax and I was to arrive late and leave early, I didn't fight the room. But when I saw what we got for the price, I took pictures of the bath fan falling from the cieling, bad repairs in the bathroom, burnt carpeting, etc. Showed the receptionist and requested a discount. She told me to complain to the booking agent, but with NO apologies. Never had stayed in a Rodeway before, but after this experience, will never stay again.

Room Tip: Bad condition in room and exterior dirty
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank globetrotter60
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn because it was recommended to me by my Mar Vista real estate agent as the place her family stays when they come to visit. The Rodeway Inn charged a reasonable fee and all facilities functioned fine. I was able to maintain just the right temperature in the room. About a block away is a great Brazilian food cafe that I walked to 2 days in a row.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank garypM1099FP
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Room was clean, no problems. No luxuries here, soap bars are tiny, toilet paper was under supplied, but shower was strong and the tub drained well, something that is a rarity these days. Nice soft big towels. Very few parking spaces if you're in a car, may have to park on the street. I got a $100 rate which is low for this area so I was satisfied with it.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo