Sheraton Universal Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
BLVD Hotel & Spa(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
El Patio Inn(Los Angeles)
The Tangerine(Burbank)
Holiday Lodge(Burbank)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,767 results
All reviewscity walkclub roomtheme parkfree shuttlewalking distance to universal studiosvisiting universalself parkingan upgradelobby barhollywood hillsshuttle servicebagelsconciergecitywalkburbankconferenceconvenience
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Loved our Stay at the Sheraton Universal City. The staff was wonderful, the lobby is fun and hip. Lots of space to just hang out and relax outside of your room. The restaurant down stairs was wonderful. They have a great breakfast buffet, $21.00 adult, $11.00 for kids 12 and under. Wonderful service (Thanks Roman and Julieanne)
It is walking distance to city walk and universal, the sub station is right at the bottom of the hill. Close to everything in LA.
I have stayed at the Hilton in the past, but the atmosphere here was way more my style and If they continue to treat guest as well as they treated us they will do well.

Room Tip: FYI- the 20th floor is the top floor and above it is there banquet room. I didn't hear a lot of noise, but there was some noise one night from the wedding above.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear guest , thank you for your feedback and we are very happy you had a great time! We will pass on the comment's to the team as well. It is correct that the 20th floor may experience some noise if there is a function at times. We do make it a point to let the guest’s know if there will be any element of noise so they have a choice of where they would like to be in the hotel . We do hope your travels bring you back this way, it would be our pleasure to be of service to you again. Hope to see you soon.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I returned again for a yearly convention. Last year I had only one complaint about a dirty bed. This year everything was not just better it was remarkably better. The room was very clean and the staff was the most pleasant I have EVER experienced. Every single staff member was cheery and honestly cared. Not the fake smile one is often greeted with. Another surprise was the prepared lunch. I had the veggie option and it was delicious. Two things to watch out for; 1 is the elevators. Sometimes the traffic gets very heavy and it might take a while to catch one. Just plan ahead. 2. When the outside temperature drops below 53F, the A/C turn into a heater. This doesn't make a lot of sense since the windows don't open and the room temperature then becomes over 80F at 3 a.m. Kudos to the manager and staff for exceeding my expectations by a long shot. But please update the A/C situation.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views but you might have to wait a long time for the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,
We are very happy to have you return and thank you for taking the time to write. We take great pride in our rooms and service, so your feedback is crucial and invaluable. It does get busy at times when there may be a large group in regards to the elevator , and we take every measure to assist with our guests to get on the lift’s in a timely manner. Our bellman are a great help in regulating the elevators as well during those busy times. You are very important to us and we appreciate your time. We hope to see you soon.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here not to visit Universal Studios but because we had a family member nearby. We arrived late and tired. I travel a lot around the world and around the country, and I had expected this to be just another chain hotel experience, but I have to say that management at this hotel is doing an excellent job because every (not just all, but EVERY) staff member we met was dedicated to satisfying the customer. The room was very nice, the bed was beautiful, but the staff were the best part, from the front desk, to the staff at the bar late at night, to the housekeeping staff who brought us extra pillows, to the staff in the breakfast cafe, to the car valet who helped my wife - thank you to all for a pleasant experience. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a great stay here and the staff were very welcoming. We stayed in the club level which included breakfast. The breakfast was good but there were not enough seats/tables for all the guests- it got very crowded. The pool is adequate and kept the children happy for an hour or so. The location is also a winner- you can walk from the hotel to Universal Studios and Universal city and hotel parking is reasonable. Our first experience in a Sheraton hotel and after this I would definately stay in a Sheraton again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jacqui o
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear jacqui 0-

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and left with a great impression of Sheraton Hotels. Our club lounge is rather large but can get a little crowded at peak times. I was happy to hear that you did enjoy the breakfast offerings provided and found the location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Universal Studios....the new Transformers ride opens in May!

Randy Player

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The staff here were fantastic. Friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a lovely suite, room 1503. Bed was comfy, and so were the pillows. Bar area serves snacks till quite late, which was great for us as we were late flying in (9:00 p.m.) Prices for food were very reasonable also. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: I always check which floor I will be staying on, as I prefer to be in reach of a fire truck ladder in case of fire. This upgrade to a suite was my one and only exception to my rule. Always check how far away your room is from the elevators and ice machine. Can be very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear shells13-

Thank you for sharing your experience and for visiting our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your compliments on our staff and your room. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are fantastic and we often have guests that purchase this same bed for their home after spending a night in the hotel. Information is available on our website if you're interested. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Randy Player