I travel quite a bit to Los Angeles and have stayed at a variety of hotels. I've stayed at the Charlie, the W Hollywood, the Standard (both locations), Sofitel, Luxe on Sunset, the Hotel Amarano in Burbank and have rented three homes from VRBO.
By far, my favorite is the Magic Castle hotel on Franklin. I like this place so much that it's become my default spot for business trips and our favorite for trips with my two young kids.
Why is this nondescript "garden apartment" style hotel my favorite? A few reasons:
1) The location can't be beat. You're in the heart of Hollywood with easy access to the major freeways.
2) You get access to the Magic Castle. While the drinks are overpriced and the food is mediocre, it's an experience not to be missed.
3) The rooms at the hotel are HUGE. They are all one bedroom suites and perfect for the visiting family that needs a kitchen and room for kids to relax.
4) The services is fantastic. Unlike the major chains, the Magic Castle doesn't nickle & dime you at every turn. The wi-fi is free, the snacks are free, they even gave us a free postcard stamp! It's the little touches. The staff and General Manager are all very nice and overly accommodating.
Don't let the modest exterior fool you. This is by far the best hotel deal in Los Angeles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one block from Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the Hollywood/Highland Center. We feature mostly very large One-Bedroom Suites. We also have smaller "Single" rooms, which are great for short stays and we have Two-Bedroom suites that sleep up to six people. All suites have a full kitchen, dining area, living room with pull-out sofa, and either one or two private bedrooms. We don't just talk about amazing guest service...we live it. Come and experience a truly unique and independent hotel. Enjoy the complimentary snacks available 24 hours a day, complimentary breakfast, and complimentary WiFi. Turndown service every night, and a newspaper delivered to your door each morning. Also enjoy access to the private club, The Magic Castle. There are age and dress code restrictions, so please ask us about it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Magic Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Castle Los Angeles
- Hotel Magic Castle