“Enjoyed every minute of my stay”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #44 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Angeleno April 17-19 for business. The hotel is located close to I-405. There is free valet parking and high speed internet which was a great savings as valet parking and cost $36/night and internet at $14.95/night at the other hotel where I stayed at less than 10 minutes away. (Hyatt Century City)

The valet and front desk staff were courteous. The hotel had a complimentary 1 hr wine reception from 5:30PM inside the lobby.

I was in room 1400 which was facing directly onto I405. The noise didn't bother me at all. I thought the shower stall was great. There were bathrobes and extra towels. The mini bar was stocked, (manual system so you can move the items around to make room for your own drinks)

The restaurant on the top floor had great views. I had drinks and food at the bar on both nights, and had breakfast on both mornings. Price was reasonable. Around $12 for most breakfast selections. Please note that coffee and juices are $4 which is a bit steep. There is complimentary tea and coffee in the guestrooms.

The free internet in the rooms was decent for emails and webrowsing. There is an option to pay for faster speeds but unless you wil be having video conferencing or downloading large files, the free interenet is sufficient. There is also a business center where each guests are allowed 15 minutes of internet time per 24 hours.

The pool was nice and there was a small coffee shop where you can buy some food and drinks to consume by the pool.

There is no fast food places within half a mile. There was a small commercial complex about a mile away where the hotel suggested a bakery where I bought some cupcakes and tiramisu for some clients.

Location was great, along Sunset and I-405. Great service, and unbeatable value. (150s with free parking and internet) Great to use as a base, but please note that you will need your car if you want to go sightseeing or get something to eat as there are no stores or shops within half a mile.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear MarcotheRoadWarrior

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Angeleno

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Hotel Angeleno definitely exceeded my expectations! After realizing it was located directly beside the 405 I had reservations but this did not pose a problem whatsoever. The location is great if you have a car, if not, it might be a bit far from touristy spots. However, in my opinion you cannot live or travel to LA and not have a car. Everything in this city is very spread out and it would be tough to rely on the shuttle they provide or cabs (although I am sure the service is great). The hotel staff were always very friendly and the free valet and wiFi was a definite perk! The pool area is beautiful (a bit noisy from the freeway, but nothing to be concerned about). I have lived in LA as well stayed on the Sunset strip a couple times and I would definitely return to Hotel Angeleno. I think the location is great (Westwood/Bel Air area) and the value is the best I've seen in LA. Oh and the beds are amazing! I hope nothing changes with this great hotel before my next visit. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuxeTourista
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Taradise15

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our service and our hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

It sounds like we will be seeing you again soon. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great room. You're on the 405 Freeway, but Bel Air's celebrities tolerate it just across the way, plus the Getty is just above. The TV and TV connection are so good, they may be better than home, and the Wi-Fi is free.

My reservation was a little complicated, and the staff messed it up. Overall, the staff were all right but really didn't seem as in tune with things as at most fine hotels.

The Web site mentions a shuttle service, but it seems to be one very over-extended van. My first night I called for a pickup from Westwood Village, and they said it would be a 3-hour wait. Next morning I reserved a ride from the hotel, but so many others did we had to squeeze ultra-tight to fit in.

Room Tip: The hotel is round. It is right on the busy 405 Freeway. If that's going to be a problem, ask th...

Dear rafael100,

Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

I apologize for the issue you had with our courtesy car. Many of our guests use it, so it is best to make a reservation for it when you check in.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Angeleno while visiting UCLA. Although there was nothing within walking distance, the hotel was only a short drive to UCLA, Getty Center, Santa Monica Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and only 20 minutes from the airport (if you are lucky to not hit traffic) The hotel staff were super, all very pleasant and accommodating. Great comfortable bed. The easy access right off the highway was convenient but did add a bit of noise throughout the night. Valet parking was ok until the last day when they tried to give me two cars which weren't mine which was a little worrisome. Restaurant had great views with a good breakfast although it was a bit pricey. Hotel price was great compared to much lesser hotels which charged more. Would definitely stay again if ever in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel opposite the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear LISKIBUM

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff and our hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Angeleno on our first visit to LA from the UK, we were alarmed to find we had arrived at a Hotel in the middle of a freeway, it seemed to be miles away from anywhere. The reception staff were extremely pleasant and booked the free shuttle for us every morning and the drivers took great pains to drop us in various locations so that we could find our way around.
Our room was very comfortable on the 12th floor and faced Church Street so the traffic noise did not bother us. It was very clean and had lovely King size bed.
The bar on the top floor was a great place with great views over LA although the drinks were on the pricey side.
When we arrived home we found that we had left some items behind and emailed the hotel to enquire if they had been found. The Housekeeping Manager was very helpful and arranged for them to be mailed to us.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for less road noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara C

Dear Barbara C

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff and especially our Housekeeping Manager. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I live five minutes from the Angeleno. We recently spent two nights there on last-minute bookings because we were driven from our home by the stench from a burned-out appliance motor.

The Angeleno has well-equipped, well-designed rooms, and a top-floor restaurant and bar with fine views.

All the staff we interacted with had pure pro demeanors and capablities; whoever trained them understands what the hospitality trade is about. The second night we were checked in by Chris, an especially friendly, sympathetic young night clerk who made sure we got a very quiet room on an upper floor. (To be fair, the first night, our room was on the third floor and was acceptably quiet--be sure to ask for a room that doesn't face the 405 freeway.)

From now on we'll be recommending this place to our out-o-f-town friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LosAngelesLenny

Dear LosAngelesLenny

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff. We take great pride not only in our training but in who we hire. Also, Chris thanks you for the very kind mention. Thanks also for recommending us.

We will see you soon,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Loved our stay at the Angeleno Hotel. Initially, was very worried when I saw its location at the junction of about four four-lane freeways! But needn't have worried. Even though we were only on the second floor, the traffic noise was not a problem at all for me and I have a HUGE aversion to being kept awake by the noise of thundering traffic. It was an incredibly peaceful and comfortable stay. The rooms were spotlessly clean and well-maintained, although they could do perhaps with upgrading the shower system, as it was a work of art to get it to work! I loved the panoramic views of LA and the Pacific Ocean (in daylight and after dark) from the 17th floor restaurant and the service from the waiters at breakfast was first-class. I recommend the granola for a healthy start to the day! We saw TV execs having breakfast meetings to discuss scripts which was very exciting, as well as a fun type of speed-dating (which I think was called 'hurry-dating') on one occasion. I think this is a very convenient and attractive location to stay in Los Angeles. Yes, the gym was small, the pool overwhelmed by inconsiderate swimming tutors and their charges but the fire by the poolside in the evening was a lovely touch. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Higher level room perhaps, if traffic noise annoys? We were on 2nd floor and had no problems, howeve...

Dear Bryles

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel and West restaurant. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.