“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto, Canada
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I wrote a review for another LA hotel called Sky Boutique Hotel which I felt was poor value and mentioned in that review that I found another hotel with better value in LA that really was a boutique hotel and not just trying to cash in on the boutique trend. This is the hotel. I found the staff to be very professional and accommodation, the rooms were newly renovated, the location good, and compared to the other hotels I checked out in LA, of good value.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear AltheaTRavels,

I am so pleased we had an opportunity to accommodate your last visit to Los Angeles and that you found The Orlando to be a good value compared to other hotels in the area (we think so too!).

Thank you so much for the kind review. We look forward to your next visit.

Tohnia Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I stayed there for two night last month and had a wonderful stay. The area - west 3rd is a very hip area with lots of great breakfast spots and funky boutiques. It's also close to the Beverly center and Beverly connection as well as a short walk to the farmers market and the grove. Churchills resto and abr is a late night hot spot within the hotel again. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tuckepoo
Dear Tuckepoo,

It’s terrific to hear you enjoyed our location and trendy neighborhood. West 3rd Street has become one of the few destinations in Los Angeles rich in dining, shopping and entertainment options within easy walking distance.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review, much appreciated!

We hope your back again soon.

Best regards,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

My girl friends and I drove up to Hollywood last min on a Saturday night without a hotel reservation. We found this hotel on-line while driving around. The staff at the Orlando greeted us in a friendly fashion and offered us a great rate. The rooms were clean and chic; had everything we needed! (including an iPod connection and a full length mirror- (score) lol!) Great location and great staff! I will stay here again next time I come back -100%!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adrienne A
Dear Adrienne A.

I am so pleased you found us on your last trip to Hollywood. You now have a new home-away-from-home in LA.

We just recently opened up some spectacular suites with one, two or three bedroom options. One of them even has a huge private patio overlooking 3rd Street. They are perfect for girlfriend’s getaways. Ask us about them next time, we’ll be happy to give you a tour.

Thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate it.
Very best,
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed in Orlando hotel for 2 nights and found it very pleasant and nice place to stay in LA. Location is very good as it is pretty close to many local attractions, shopping malls and restaurant. We can recommend to visit Farmers market and Grove located next to the market. Hotel itself is well renovated, comfortable beds, big rooms and TVs, excellent bathroom with walk-in shower. No comments on hotel restaurant and pool as we did not try them. We very much liked the front desk service and pricing was good. Therefore, we can recommend this hotel as very good 'value for money' proposition in LA.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alexander B
Dear Alexander B.,

Thank you so much for the recommendation and kind review of your stay at the Orlando.
It seems you found some of our favorite local attractions and enjoyed your visit with us and that makes us very happy.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I will try to keep this short and sweet. I love this hotel. I love the staff (nicest hotel staff I have encountered anywhere in all of my travels). I love the location (the other, pricier hotels ... i.e. Sunset Tower, etc...are sexier, but not in a great walking location). You can walk to the Farmers Market or the Grove or Beverly Center (or Beverly Hills if you are feeling a nice hike). And the rooms are great for the money. They are mildly banged up, but the bed is comfy, and the bathrooms are newly renovated. Not a lot of street noise (ask to face the small pool). Wifi is free (I think with most every rate) and the restaurant inside is tasty. Again, this is not the Four Seasons, but I always stay here while in Los Angeles as everything feels walkable (a rarity for this city) and accessible (takes about 4 minutes for Valet unlike some of the other larger properties in the hood).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandalaypokerplayer
Dear Mandalaypokerplayer,

Thank you so much for your repeat visits with us during your trips to Los Angeles. It is always a pleasure to know when someone appreciates our terrific West 3rd Street location.

I am sorry to hear that your room was mildly banged up. We do have a rotation maintenance program to take rooms out of guest use and completely go over them top to bottom. If you notice anything like this on a future visit please let us know and we will prioritize that room.

On behalf of myself and the entire staff, thank you very much for the kind review. We look forward to your next visit.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Where do I start to describe The Orlando - 'one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at', and that's just the beginning!!!!
From the moment I walked in the door, the staff were amazing. They are all professional, friendly, kind and will all go out of their way to provide whatever you need.
I have to take a moment to mention Guest Services Manager, Paul Gardner. I have stayed in many hotels over the years, but I have never met someone who was so wonderful, treated everyone with kindness and respect, and would do literally anything to make your stay an great experience. Maybe more impressive than that is that every one of his staff members respected him, and talked kindly about him as soon as you mentioned his name - a very very rare quality. Also, I must mention Managing Director Tohnia Miller. She was also extremely kind, and caring, and has done an incredible upgrade job on the hotel.
The room was extremely comfortable, and very spacious. The bathroom was beautiful, and had everything you needed, where you needed it - including a great hairdryer!
There was a lovely pool, and fitness room too.
I was sick the first night I arrived there, and even though I wanted something off menu from the room service menu the staff were more than happy to help out.
Thank you again to all at The Orlando - you made my stay! I look forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: Stay in a back facing room - towards the pool - it's very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mels13148
Dear Mels13148,

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for the kind words and I know it means a lot to Paul and the team that they made an impact during your stay with us.

We very much look forward to the next time you are in Los Angeles.

Very warm regards,
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Lovely location!
Proximity to restaurants and boutiques was convenient so that I was able to walk to get breakfast and do some shopping.

I loved how CLEAN and chic it was. Modern tiles and furniture. Frosted glass sliding door into the bathroom. Great amenities in terms of providing cotton rounds, cotton swabs, Terry cloth hair elastic, etc.

The sink had an usual stopper so when I called the front desk, they sent someone immediately to fix it.

Sauna was closed down permanently during the hotel's reconstruction, so the heated outdoor salt water pool was my only option but a good option. roof top pool in the sense that nothing was overhead but the sky.

I was right next to the elevator on the second floor where you could hear the immensely loud club below but when I walked into my room, it was sound proof and I forgot all about it.

The bar downstairs is free to guests and a vibrant place for young, social people. Has a cute fireplace and you can choose an indoor or outdoor scene to hang out.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank DentistDorisUSN
Dear DentistDorisUSN,

It is truly rewarding to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our West 3rd Street neighborhood.

We did in fact remove the dry saunas and replaced them with a terrific spa services suite. We now offer full service massages, spa treatments and facials. In addition, by moving the old massage room we were able to add a brand new business center with both PC’s and a Mac, fax and scanner for complimentary guest use. So we think it was a good trade.

The Churchill, the new restaurant located in the hotel has certainly become quite the hot spot and they serve a great all day brunch seven days a week.

Thank you for choosing the Orlando during your Los Angeles travels. We hope to see you again soon.

Very best,
Beverly Hills
Hotel Beverly Terrace
Hotel Beverly Terrace
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!