“Amazing experience Chef Menu”

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bazaar by Jose Andres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
Description: Deemed "Four Stars" from the Los Angeles Time, finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer," The Bazaar by José Andrés is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fete extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired "indoor piazza" -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef José Andrés. The Bazaar also boasts a Wine Spectator 'Award of Excellence' winning wine list featuring extensive selections from Spain and California as well as all the classic wine regions of the old world and new. Visit our website to learn more about our ongoing programming, including Cigar Night on Blanca Terrace (every 3rd Wednesday of the month) and decadent wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Went to Bazaar last night on a friend's recco and couldn't be happier that we did. When avialable I always try to do a tasting (chef's) menu to try out the most dishes and typically to avoid any of the filler ones. To be clear this is an expensive option coming it at 100$ USD per person however you get to sample most of the menu.

Some of the standouts for us were the guacamole- sounds lame i know however this one bite was packed with so much flavour that it kept going on for a minute after you were done.
Philly cheesesteak was absolutely delicious though rather messy, cheesy goodness exploded from a perfectly fried poof of dough topped with wagyu. YUM
The potatoes " new way" was delicious, foamy potato with egg perfectly topped with tiny bits of crispy potatoes and chives. Absolutely sublime
The bagel and lox cone was a tiny little crispy cone that packed so much flavour and was topped with fresh red caviar.
The foie gras cotton candy- this was originally the dish that we came for but to be honest neither one of us really liked it. The idea behind it was super creative and the foie and cotton candy goes together seamlessly ( however personally a little slimy for me).
DESSERT COURSE- anywhere that serves 3 desserts raises my eyebrows however this did not disappoint. A dreamy vanilla bar stuffed with salted caramel was like eating a cloud. A passionfruit puree topped by a cloud of marshmallow, simple divine. Of course to end the night a choice of their bonbons which were exquisitely hand painted.
To sum it up this was a very filling and delicious night and would return 100%.
Pro tip- get the margarita if you are drinking it is topped with a salty air nitrogen layer which could not be more refreshing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Went to the states for about 2 weeks and traveled around and had good food but The Bazaar was the highlight of our trip.

The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered the set dinner which is a 15 course. The dishes were small but towards the end of the course we were stuffed.

Presentation was amazing and Cocktails were impressively presented. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank VanessaGoretti
Reviewed May 16, 2018

My friend Sarah and I had the most amazing evening at The Bazaar in Los Angeles. We were warmly greeted by both Aila and Keren at the hostess stand, and could immediately tell that we were going to have a wonderful evening. Joe, our server, then promptly greeted us and made us feel right at home. He, Raul, and Ishmael were an incredible team, and were very personable and fun to talk to throughout the evening. They were also very quick and responsive. As soon as we had finished a plate, the plates would disappear and the next plate would be served! They, along with the restaurant team, went out of their way to develop a relationship with us by introducing themselves and remembering our names throughout the service. I am horrible at remembering names, so I can't imagine having to remember patron's names at every table!

Sarah and I had the tasting menu, which was incredible. It had pretty much the most popular dishes, and had all of my favorite dishes. We were also surprised with a few dishes that weren't on the menu, and were courtesy of the restaurant (which was very nice and much appreciated!). Laura (at the Blanca Bar) was gracious enough to make a surprise Foie Sandwich dish for us - incredible! Thanks Laura! And another gentlemen by the name of Mark made Sarah and I each a LN2 Caipirinha drink! He warned us that they were strong drinks, and he wasn't lying!! :) The drink was amazing - thanks Mark!

My favorite dishes continue to be my favorite - the Cotton Candy Foie Gras, the Philly Cheesesteak, the Japanese Taco, and my absolute favorite - Not Your Everyday Caprésé - sealed the perfect evening. The team was amazing. I can't wait to return to the restaurant. Cheers! :)

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Dinner at The Bazaar was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. We ordered 10 courses, plus dessert, plus a complimentary amuse bouche. It was just a tad too much food: We left stuffed! (With so many amazing courses on the menu, overindulgence is hard to avoid.) Eight courses would have been perfect, and left us feeling sated, not stuffed...

That said, service was beyond spot-on. We were greeted by name by our waiter, servers, and even some of the bussers. Our waiter was personable, knowledgeable, and helpful as he helped us choose from the 90+ items on the menu. You can tell service is a team challenge at The Bazaar: even our sommelier cleared empty plates from our table. My wife was wished happy birthday multiple times. Looking back on the evening, I should have tipped even more than I did. It was perfect.

For such an amazing meal, the cost was a very reasonable $370, including drinks, tax and tip. That's a little more than half of some of the other super-luxe meals I've had, and definitely one of the better values. (Pre-dinner cocktails in the bar were another $40.)

Our courses:

• Jicama-wrapped guacamole: Amazing light bites and a great way to start a meal.
• Olive plate: Anchovy-stuffed olives, plus olive "globules" that burst when you bite them. So good, you may just start laughing as you eat them.
• Jamon platter: Young, medium and long-aged jamons. Very hard to decide which is best!
• Catalan toast: An elevation of the traditional Catalan snack. Oozing with olive oil. Be sure to get it with the Manchego cheese.
• Japanese tacos: So light, so flavorful. How they slice a cucumber into a "taco shell" is amazing.
• Oxtail buns: A banh mi "slider." So light in flavor and subtly delicious.
• Tempura squash blossoms: Delicious, but maybe the least elevated course of the evening. A teeny bit oily.
• Octopus toast: Maybe the most perfectly cooked octopus I've ever had.
• Spanish octopus: I preferred this to the octopus toast, just because I could better experience the purity of the octopus.
• Philly cheesesteak: Perfectly cooked wagyu beef on an explosive little "baguette" filled with molten cheese. Unfortunately, this exploded all over my wife's blouse, despite her eating it very gingerly. Delicious, but a holy mess to eat. Be careful! :^)
• Cotton Candy Foie Gras: This will mess with your taste buds, as the sweetness of the spun sugar and the savory foie gras and "corn nuts" all blend together in your brain. The perfect last course and segue to dessert.

(Strangely, many of the dishes are served with odd numbers of items, which is weird when you are sharing, but not a big deal.)

We were so full, but dessert beckoned. Fortunately, the desserts are small, light, and manageable. You can literally get a single square of chocolate if you want. We shared a square of Maldon sea salt chocolate, a tiny jar of chocolate pop rocks, and nitro coconut floating islands, which were all light enough that they didn't appreciably add to our feeling of being about to burst.

Oh, and we had wine with dinner: The albariño, a Spanish white varietal that I'd only had from California wineries in the past, and a mencia, which I'd never even heard of, so had to try. The albariño was good enough that I could see what the California wineries are striving to equal. The mencia was rich and complex, and unlike anything I've had before. The sommelier described it as pinot noir-like, but it was richer than any pinot I've ever had, with earthy, chocolatey, undertones, and a fruit-balanced complexity that was just perfect with my meal. We were surprised that both the white and red went well with every course, except the cotton candy foie gras, which should perhaps be eaten after the wine is finished.

Our one regret might be that we didn't try any of the fun cocktails from the menu, and watched in envy as other tables were brought concoctions piled with spun sugar, or steaming with liquid nitrogen. They even had mocktails for the kids in the restaurant, so we saw lots of wide-eyed smiles. (I wouldn't have expected The Bazaar to be kid-appropriate, but it can definitely accommodate well-behaved kids.)

I would love to return. The only question is: Do I want to repeat this amazing experience again soon, or do I wait so it stays special?

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Three words would explain Bazaar, excellent service, food, and ambiance. Both the food and drinks are very creative and delicious. You really feel welcome from the moment you check in. Everyone is very professional, nice and friendly. My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion, and our server, Ms. Kristina, provided an excellent service. Her recommendations for both the drinks and food were great and flawless. The music was great. It is hard to explain but Bazaar is not your everyday normal restaurant. It just feels different in a real nice way. And yes, you need to stop by and check the desert station the deserts are truly a work of art. We are definitely going back again.