“Great food, ambience and service ”

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bazaar by Jose Andres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 11,893 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
Description: Deemed "Four Stars" from the Los Angeles Time, finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer," The Bazaar by José Andrés is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fete extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired "indoor piazza" -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef José Andrés. The Bazaar also boasts a Wine Spectator 'Award of Excellence' winning wine list featuring extensive selections from Spain and California as well as all the classic wine regions of the old world and new. Visit our website to learn more about our ongoing programming, including Cigar Night on Blanca Terrace (every 3rd Wednesday of the month) and decadent wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Very good quality food, fresh and from traditional to different and delicate. The ambience and interior design is beautiful and the service is great too

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m Spaniard so I knew most of the essence of the dishes but I have to say that my experience was beyond expectations.

It’s a modern tapas restaurant with an extended menu where everything is so original and so good!

If you don’t know what to order you should go and try the chef tasting menu which has a little bit of everything and in any case you can add some more.

My favorite tapa was the CAVIAR CONES and the ROSSJAT NEGRA (kind of a noddle paella with squid ink) and the MUSHROOM RAMEN WITH PORK BELLY... delicious!! I just have to say that the rest was amazing too.

For the desserts you have to go to another area of the restaurant with a very modern design where you can see how they make them and all the samples. You will LOVE them too! ( I had a vanilla pillow cake and a pan con chocolate)

PS: you check my pics to see some of the dishes.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Went to Bazaar last night on a friend's recco and couldn't be happier that we did. When avialable I always try to do a tasting (chef's) menu to try out the most dishes and typically to avoid any of the filler ones. To be clear this is an expensive option coming it at 100$ USD per person however you get to sample most of the menu.

Some of the standouts for us were the guacamole- sounds lame i know however this one bite was packed with so much flavour that it kept going on for a minute after you were done.
Philly cheesesteak was absolutely delicious though rather messy, cheesy goodness exploded from a perfectly fried poof of dough topped with wagyu. YUM
The potatoes " new way" was delicious, foamy potato with egg perfectly topped with tiny bits of crispy potatoes and chives. Absolutely sublime
The bagel and lox cone was a tiny little crispy cone that packed so much flavour and was topped with fresh red caviar.
The foie gras cotton candy- this was originally the dish that we came for but to be honest neither one of us really liked it. The idea behind it was super creative and the foie and cotton candy goes together seamlessly ( however personally a little slimy for me).
DESSERT COURSE- anywhere that serves 3 desserts raises my eyebrows however this did not disappoint. A dreamy vanilla bar stuffed with salted caramel was like eating a cloud. A passionfruit puree topped by a cloud of marshmallow, simple divine. Of course to end the night a choice of their bonbons which were exquisitely hand painted.
To sum it up this was a very filling and delicious night and would return 100%.
Pro tip- get the margarita if you are drinking it is topped with a salty air nitrogen layer which could not be more refreshing

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Went to the states for about 2 weeks and traveled around and had good food but The Bazaar was the highlight of our trip.

The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered the set dinner which is a 15 course. The dishes were small but towards the end of the course we were stuffed.

Presentation was amazing and Cocktails were impressively presented. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank VanessaGoretti
Reviewed May 16, 2018

My friend Sarah and I had the most amazing evening at The Bazaar in Los Angeles. We were warmly greeted by both Aila and Keren at the hostess stand, and could immediately tell that we were going to have a wonderful evening. Joe, our server, then promptly greeted us and made us feel right at home. He, Raul, and Ishmael were an incredible team, and were very personable and fun to talk to throughout the evening. They were also very quick and responsive. As soon as we had finished a plate, the plates would disappear and the next plate would be served! They, along with the restaurant team, went out of their way to develop a relationship with us by introducing themselves and remembering our names throughout the service. I am horrible at remembering names, so I can't imagine having to remember patron's names at every table!

Sarah and I had the tasting menu, which was incredible. It had pretty much the most popular dishes, and had all of my favorite dishes. We were also surprised with a few dishes that weren't on the menu, and were courtesy of the restaurant (which was very nice and much appreciated!). Laura (at the Blanca Bar) was gracious enough to make a surprise Foie Sandwich dish for us - incredible! Thanks Laura! And another gentlemen by the name of Mark made Sarah and I each a LN2 Caipirinha drink! He warned us that they were strong drinks, and he wasn't lying!! :) The drink was amazing - thanks Mark!

My favorite dishes continue to be my favorite - the Cotton Candy Foie Gras, the Philly Cheesesteak, the Japanese Taco, and my absolute favorite - Not Your Everyday Caprésé - sealed the perfect evening. The team was amazing. I can't wait to return to the restaurant. Cheers! :)