“The only place we know you can buy dark authentic european bread in L.A.”
Review of Stolichnaya Bakery

Stolichnaya Bakery
Ranked #85 of 184 Bakeries in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed April 1, 2018

My husband is Swedish and we got used to dark European bread. This is the only place you can find this kind of bread in L.A. We have been going there every two weeks to buy two loads of bread for le last 5 years, and they never seem to recognize us or at least greet us as if they did, it doesn't matter we go there for the bread not to make friends

Reviewed October 28, 2017

My mother was Russian so Russian food has a special place in my palet. This bakery has delicious food of all kinds. Their bread is fresh and very tasty! Their poppy seed rolls are delicious (just like my Mom use to make). Their meat pilmeny are also very good, the best I have found in So Cal. The dough of their piroshky (the fried ones) is great, just a tinge of sour, the fillings are different than what I am use to but are OK. Across the street to the east there are a few more Russian store/delis that have some great Russian cuisine.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

I had the most delicious rasberry and cheese crossant type pastery that came right out of the oven! My husband loved the poppy seed danish.I only wish I had purchased the home made special bread that was filled with cabbage, potatos and meat, but I wasnt that hungry at the time.This bakery offers many ethnic items that are common from their european country. The women working there are over 60 years old which means they experienced living in surpression. So for those who complained in the reviews that they weren't "friendly" or for anyone that chooses to visit should be forgiving of that expectation.And ask them what just came out of the oven when you stop in. We stopped in many times and feel it was so good that there should be a line outside the door!

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Extensive choices and pretty appearing pastries but I got grossed out by no gloved, dirty finger nailed person who filled my order. Thank goodness I changed my mind on the pretty pastries and chose only the bagels.

Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

I'm so sad, the treat that I bought myself was so tasty, however
The old man that sits there at night cheated me with change and argued with me about it. I only had a 20 dollar bill and thought it might be unfair to get only $1.00 worth of treats.. when he gave me change, it was change for a 10 dollar bill.. I was so shocked.
Please be very aware.....
They need a new front person.!!!