“Amazing experience ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Lunch here today. Upon entering your greeted
And escorted to your table quickly. The staff here performs and runs like a ROLEX watch!!!
Not a step out of place. Other diners appear to be business men and women, and maybe a construction worker or two, and every thing in between. Watching other diner's was entertaining For sure! It seemed everywhere diners were trying each other's dishes and loving it!!! We had Lasagna only because people around us were talking it up so much. IT WAS AMAZING!!! Put this on your go to list while visiting this area.
JC

Reviewed April 11, 2017

Been coming here for years. Whenever I am in San Jose I make it a point to come see Aldo, have a great martini and a very good meal. If you don't make reservations, you may be out of luck, or if you get there early enough, the bar is a very accessible for a quick and delicious bite.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

I have been enjoying Aldo's food for over 20 years!

I have tried almost every dish that Aldo offers and am never disappointed!

The Rollini di Melanzana is one of my favorite dishes! The sauce is just like Grandma used to make!

Aldo always visits each table to make sure the food and service is what he expects and sometimes we get some of his famous Limoncello!

Reviewed March 20, 2017

Most Italian restaurants are fairly mediocre: decent but uninspiring food. This place is a cut above. We visited as a party of six older adults on a Saturday night. The main items on the menu, apart from pasta, are veal and chicken. I enjoyed the Scallopini di Montagna (veal in white wine with capers and garlic. The veal was perfectly cooked. My wife had a similar dish: Scallopini al lemons (with lemon), and also thought it delicious. Several of our group ordered the house specialty: Specialita di Sofia (sautéed sausage and chicken with portobello mushrooms in a mustard cream sauce) and pronounced it wonderful. Prices are reasonable (about $22 for an entree served with veggies). I am not much of a dessert fancier but the other enjoyed theirs.

There was also a very entertaining vocalist/guitarist with a wide repertoire. The volume was a bit high for me, but we were directly beside him so maybe the volume was fine for most in the restaurant. Over all, highly recommended.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is nice and everything I tried was quite good. On my most recent trip I had chicken marsala and a previous visit I tried lasagna. Both were very good. Highly recommended.