“Easy on the Salt”
Review of Dio Deka

Dio Deka
Reserve with OpenTable
Dio Deka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 164 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fiesta Way
Description: Michelin star recipient San Francisco Bay & Wine country for 2011 & 2012"At Dio Deka the refined and technically precise Greek and Mediterranean dishes are elevated to stellar levels.”- anonymously by the Michelin inspector
San Jose, California
“Easy on the Salt”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Usually I've enjoyed my meals at Dio Deka (even when they took the almond torte off the dessert menu), but last night I was disappointed in the over use of salt on many of my items. We ordered the fried Halommi cheese (ok, naturally salty) and it had fried bread and something else (all salty), the fried "pita" bread was overly salty (but the yogurt dip with cucumber helped take the edge off--very delicious dip!!!!). Otherwise, the service and meal was delicious. I will try and remember to ask them to go easy on the salt next time I'm there. The Ridge Chardonnay was awesome--went well with everything we ate (thus my headache this morning--and maybe why I'm being critical?). I asked for a small portion (2) of scallops, which they graciously prepared and I enjoyed. Our server was very knowledgable and nice.

• Visited October 2012

los angeles
“Dio Dekadent”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

One of the best meals I have had in a long time. The grilled Octopus appetizer was so unbelievable. The Halibut divine. The five melon salad so unique. You must not miss it!

Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Greek Cuisine with a California Twist”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Food was good. Service was good. Good wine list. Price is typical for the area.

It's always busy because it is good. As a result parking is always a problem.

Visited August 2012
Glendale, California
“Great appetizers and outstanding cocktails.”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This unpretentious restaurant on the grounds of the Hotel Los Gatos has an excellent reputation. We invited friends to join us for cocktails and appetizers while visiting their city. We made it clear that we had reservations for dinner elsewhere, so we were seated in the bar area. The staff could not have been more attentive and helpful. The bartender actually served all of our orders. He mixed a mean martini and served a generous scotch on the rocks. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass as well. We asked how many pieces came with each of our appetizers and although the standard number was four, we were given five (enough for each) of the delicious dolma and the tasty phyllo pastry stuffed with spinach and cheese. We enjoyed everything so much that we will certainly return for dinner next time we are in Los Gatos.

• Visited September 2012
Garden Valley, California
“Okay for over priced greek food”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

It was okay, but not worth the price, and the wines very over priced. The Spanakopita is a bit weird with not much taste.

Visited September 2012