All reviewsmountain viewbreakfast buffetlobster tailhave stayed here many timesjunior suiteprime ribroom ratelake louisekananaskis areacanadian rockiesbeds were comfortablepool and hot tublinobanffdealersloungehelicopter
Reviewed October 28, 2015

The decor throughout the hotel is amazing; Rooms: we had a mountain view. They had all the amenities. Food in dining room was good. Servers were friendly. Casino security very helpful regarding Casino card. Front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. I received a 15% discount for room rate because I booked direct with the hotel and received the discount through my Casino Card! Overall it was a great place to stay while touring the Kananaskis area.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Stoney Nakoda R... M, Group Sales at Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It sounds like you had an enjoyable time with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

If you get this hotel at a good rate on expedia, then it is usually a good bargain. I was not impressed with the staff at all though, they first gave us the wrong room (not a big deal) but then after we checked out I realized I had forgot my phone charger and had to go back. The staff were so unhelpful, did not even look around or ask any staff if they had found it just said nothing was turned in. I know now from working at a hotel that this is the #1 thing left behind and there usually 100s of chargers in the lost in found at the front desk. Hotel=not bad Staff=don't expect much

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Stoney Nakoda R... M, Group Sales at Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Thank you for your review of the hotel and our apologies for the incorrect room and the lapse in a full explanation of the lost and found policy. All lost and found items are logged and stored with the security staff and items left in guest rooms are recorded and then turned into the security staff.

Reviewed October 6, 2015

We loved this place. It's a lot less expensive than the hotels in Banff. All of the staff are helpful and very friendly. The room and hotel is very clean. The free breakfast buffet is the best I have ever had. The dinner meals are reasonably priced and very good. The indoor pool is also the best I have ever seen in a hotel, it has a slide going into the pool that is so much fun it makes you think you are at a water park. The pool was also kept very clean. The hotel is out in the country so you don't have all of the traffic and business of the bigger towns. I think my only complaint would be about the casino, not a good selection of slots and hardly ever paid out. But we would stay here again, clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Coose an upper floor at towards the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Stoney Nakoda R... M, Group Sales at Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2015

Thank you for your complimentary comments and review of the hotel and amenities. And the terrific location. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Canadian Rockies.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

I really wanted to like this hotel, we stayed there about three years ago when we were in the area and it was nice. Time has not improved the hotel.

Pros:
Large quiet room
Comfortable beds
Breakfast from the menu in the restaurant was very good

Cons:
Dirty stained carpet in the room and hall
Fleas in the bed and bathroom
Odd odor in the hallway
Spotty slow WiFi

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a pleasant young woman, and were quickly given our room card and were on our way.

Start with the pro's, the beds were very comfortable. The restaurant's included breakfast buffet didn't look all that appealing to us, so we opted to order off the menu. Coffee was excellent and the two different omelettes we ordered were very good. I would return for those two items if I were in the area again. Waiter was busy, but pleasant, kept our coffee cups full.

Cons: When we were walking to our room on the first floor, noticed an odd odor in the hallway to our room, but didn't really think much about it. Entering the room we were impressed by he size, however when turning on the lights found that all the bulbs were low wattage, so felt dark. Didn't want to leave the curtains open as we had been given a room off the parking lot. Soon noticed that the carpets were quite stained and looked dirty. Decided to make do with the room as we were only there for the one night and it was about 8:00 pm. Went down to the casino, however didn't stay, decided we weren't in the mood to gamble. When we went to bed were pleased the beds were comfortable. During the night my wife was bitten by fleas, she ended up killing 4. I understand that this hotel takes animals, and likely they gave us a room an animal had been in. That doesn't excuse the fleas, and now we understood the stained carpet. When we checked out I was going to mention to the person at the desk about the fleas, however all he said to us when we were checking out is "you can go now"...no questions regarding how we enjoyed our stay, so decided to leave without saying anything.

As I said we really wanted to like this hotel based on our previous experience, but were quite disappointed. The hotel has the potential to be nice, so don't understand why they have let it go down to the point it has. It is unlikely we will return.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, although very very disappointing, we appreciate knowing what the issues were for a less than satisfactory stay. We will be contacting you directly to speak further and to help us correct and improve.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

The day we arrived we were really tired and just wanted to go to bed.

The check in was relatively fast and good.

The problem was when we entered our room. It was undone and dirty.

They only offer us to move to another room which was bigger but it was next to the pool and there was absolutely no noise isolation so we could hear everything that was happening in the hallway.

We also ordered a soup and a salad for room service and when 45 min passed I called to see what was going on and they apologized because they forgot to ask our room number when we first ordered. So we had to wait about another 45 minutes. They gave us a discount. The food was good though.

The next day we noticed a cigar smell coming from the ventilation system at the bathroom. We were really tired so we just left the ventilation system on.

The buffet is really simple, they could add more variety.

I was impressed that they did not offer anything for the inconvenience of the dirty room, but I was really tired and was not in the mood of arguing. Besides we had a great day at Banff and I didn't wanted to get ruined.

Room Tip: Nothing close to the pool. There is no noise isolation from the hallway.
1  Thank lpdrafael
Stoney Nakoda R... M, Group Sales at Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2015

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It was disappointing that you had less than a satisfactory stay. We will be contacting you privately to speak further- thank you