Malibu Beach Inn
US$441
  • Breakfast included
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewscarbon beachocean fronthigh tidevalet parkingoceanfront roomturn down servicesound of the wavessanta monicabeautiful roommini barworth every pennybalcony doorthe pacific coast highwayprivate beachspent nightsboutique hotellos angeles
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here for business last night and I must say I ll be back for holiday. Really a great spot. Comfortable bed, nice sheets, fireplace, exceptional view and balcony - nice terrace for breakfast - no gym though - highly reco - loved it.

Room Tip: all of them seemed fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing Malibu Beach Inn and sharing your recent experience with us! We're delighted to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next holiday! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I spent hours researching where to stay in Malibu. Yes, it's pricier or the same as others, but not the same as others. This Inn is located on the sands of Malibu, between Broad Beach (private homes) and the Malibu Pier. Every room faces the ocean and I don't know if all the rooms have a fireplace, but ours did, as well as a small terrace. The rumor is, the rooms are small. The rooms are a decent size, clean, modern, and there is a living area with a sofa, chair and flat screen. I prefer that then the whole room being beds. The lobby is very small, so if you want to have a drink in the lobby, most likely you will be sitting with other people. We didn't eat at the restaurant as I made plans to dine at local Malibu Restaurants. The restaurants we dined at were at the Malibu Country Mart, we took a taxi from the hotel and it costs $6.00. Well worth it because we saw sooooooooooo many CHP once we entered Malibu City limits, you want to be sure to take a taxi if you plan on having drinks with dinner. This Inn is the only upscale hotel in Malibu, so if you want no disapointments, this is the place for you. Me and my family plan on reserving a room again sometime this year.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 207, right above one side of the restaurant, so when we were on the terrace we can see exactly what people were eating and they can see us (if they looked up). This didn't bother us at all, like I said, we were to the side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tiffany G
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Tiffany, Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are delighted that everything met or exceeded your expectations, and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We very much look forward to hosting you and your family again this year! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great ocean's view. The breakfast was varied. There were lots of fresh fruits. It was amazing. The staff was friendly and helpful. I think I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Catherine W
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Malibu Beach Inn! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. It was an absolute pleasure to serve you and we look forward to the opportunity to see you again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here for News Years Eve and it was wonderful! The hotel staff was helpful and very professional, the rooms were very nice, modern and clean and the view of the ocean was amazing. I am glad I started out 2012 in such an amazing place and when I return to Malibu this is the ONLY place I will stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CLE51
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your New Year's Eve with us! We are appreciate your wonderful review of your stay and we thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We look forward to the opportunity to host you on your future visits to Malibu! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel was one of the most unique places we have ever stayed. The ocean front rooms really feel like you are sleeping on the beach. What I liked best is that it wasn't a snooty, fancy hotel. It was more cozy and relaxed with well thought out details- Which I appreciate way more than a gold staircase. Therefore, If you are looking for over the top amenities with lavish spa and lobby, then you will not find that here. What you will find is a great setting, amazing aesthetics, and great service.

Would I pay $500 a night for this hotel? Probably not...But if you can get a deal, it is well worth the experience. I would at least go to brunch at the restaurant.

Pros
-Great Location- Right on the beach
-Cozy restaurant with great outdoor/private patio
-Well laid out spacious rooms with fireplaces, balcony, and cozy bed overlooking ocean.
-Great Service
-Evening turn down service

Cons
Parking- You have to Valet your car for $29 a night. If you don't like valet, you can park on the street.
You can hear PCH from the room- So just spend most of your time on the balcony.

Tips
-Jettsetter.com offered a great rate for us.
-Let them know if you are visiting for an anniversary or birthday... they will put some additional nice touches on things.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BoogAdvisor
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Malibu Beach Inn! We really appreciate your thoughtful and detailed feedback, and future guests are sure to find your tips and insights valuable!

And of course, we would be remiss if we didn't mention that we do indeed have a spa on site - CURE Malibu! You can view more information at on our website. We hope you have an opportunity to experience a lavish treatment or two during your next stay! :)

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
- The Malibu Beach Inn Team