Malibu Beach Inn
US$279
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas(Calabasas)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$186
GardenInn.com
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills(Agoura Hills)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$177
Homewood
The Anza Hotel(Calabasas)
US$171
  • Pool
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel(Agoura Hills)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$159
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills(Agoura Hills)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$153
All reviewscarbon beachocean fronthigh tidevalet parkingoceanfront roomturn down servicesound of the wavessanta monicabeautiful roommini barworth every pennybalcony doorthe pacific coast highwayprivate beachspent nightsboutique hotellos angeles
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The beach in Malibu is very thin, in fact at high tide you really have the water coming right up to the hotel structure itself. But the hotel is a nice hotel. I travel a lot and this is a good place. The prices were a tad high. The location is about at good as you can get in Malibu.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BradleyBurr
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have traveled extensively, and rarely feel compelled to write rave reviews of a place, but the Malibu Beach Inn granted an experience that couldn't be ignored. The hotel property is immaculate and beautiful, the rooms clean, comfortable, and gorgeous. The location is perfectly situated and the rooms overlook, in my opinion, the prettiest part of Malibu including the pier. The epic part of the hotel however, is the service. I've stayed in many luxury hotels and none have surpassed this top notch experience!!!

A few examples...upon check in, there had been a mix up with the booking company, Luxury Link, and although 2 rooms had been reserved, only one showed. The General Manager, Tolga, and his assistant, Avi, were extremely courteous and welcoming. Never did they question the mistake, instead they welcomed us in our disheveled state (we had driven all day in a Jeep with the top down and must have looked a fright for such a chic place!), offered us a seat and a glass of wine, and remedied the situation themselves entirely, all the while making us feel comfortable and at ease. I overheard them on the phone with the Luxury Link people saying they weren't going to "just place an extra hold on my credit card" that they preferred to simply take my word for it and get the confirmation sent to the hotel in the morning when the travel concierge opened.

The over the top service continued from there. We dined 6 times at the restaurant in the 4 day stay, and Will, Sam, and Marcella, were absolutely unsurpassed in friendliness, smiles, and willingness to please. Food was great, which should be expected for the price, but it really was the service that was so incredible.

A special thanks to Courtney at the front desk. She took several of my calls and personally ran over everything from a toothbrush to some wine glasses within moments of asking. Most importantly, when I inquired where I could go to send a package to a friend of my starting chemotherapy, she took the gifts herself, made a basket for them, and sent them out from the front desk, all the while telling me she "loved crafts" and was "sorry about my friend." The whole experience with Tolga, Avi, Will, Sam, Marcella, Courtney, and Rico was unsurpassed. I've never seen a happier, more customer service driven bunch. Malibu Beach Inn definitely gets the award of any luxury hotel I've ever visited! Thank you all sincerely, what an incredible stay we had!

Room Tip: Be sure to understand the waves really do make a bit of noise from the ocean view rooms. Some people love this, others find it difficult to sleep. If your a light sleeper, opt for the higher up floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank natalieelisabeth

We can't thank you enough for your outstanding feedback! We are so incredibly grateful for your kind words and wonderful compliments. We are elated to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you got to take full advantage of the Carbon Beach Club as well! We are blessed to have had the opportunity to host you and we hope to do it again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Spent 4 fabulous nights. The staff is extremely helpful and appears always happy! Location is the best. The rooms are beautiful, clean, comfortable and cozy. Many great restaurants within a few minutes drive. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you so much for your short but VERY sweet review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Oh, and of course we're all happy... we work steps away from the beach in the most beautiful city in CA and we have the pleasure of serving wonderful clients like you! :) - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel was purchased and remodeled by David Geffen (music industry mogul-Geffen Records). It is impeccable. This is by far the best place to stay in Malibu short of your very own million dollar mansion on the beach.

The property is small (maybe 70 rooms) and the lobby is smaller. It has a very chic boutique hotel atmosphere. The hotel sits right on the beach and the lobby is consumed by the restaurant and bar area both of which overlook the ocean.

The small restaurant is one of the best in Malibu but make reservations. It has about 20 tables total but 10 are on the beautiful patio. If weather conditions are not conducive to sitting outside then they only have seating for roughly 35 so consider that when making your reservation. The bar/lounge area is tiny with seating for roughly 8 people total.

Now, before you get scared, remember that this hotel is also tiny. At no time did we ever feel crowded in the restaurant or bar. Frankly, enjoying breakfast on the patio in the sunshine was one of the highlights of our trip. Even more interesting,I asked the bartender ("Will" I think) to surprise me with something made with vodka. He made the most interesting drink I have ever had. It was a sweet citrus drink with a hot chili pepper in it. He told us that it didn't have a name, it's just something he created. I enjoyed it so much that I made him "create" it a second time.

The rooms all have an ocean view, even the "pier view" rooms. I was very pleased with our pier view BUT here are a couple of thoughts. The hotel sits on a thin sliver of land right between the Pacific Coast Highway and the beach. With the door closed, the view is spectacular including the surfers on the point on the far side of the pier. Where you will notice a difference between the Pier view and the ocean view is when you crack open your sliding glass door or sit on your patio. If you have a pier view room you will get equal parts road noise and waves crashing. The PCH in front of the hotel has a 45 MPH speed limit. If you do choose a pier view ask for one closest to the ocean which will put you equally between the PCH and the water. Obviously the farther you get from the water the closer you get to the road noise.

Valet parking is $27 a night. This is not obscene (particularly by California standards) but if you choose, you can park your car on the street and skip the fee. In the five days that we stayed we never once parked in valet and the longest walk we had was maybe 25 yards. That said, if you have a nice car (ours was a rental), it might be worth the fee to have the piece of mind that your car is secure.

The hotel places coffee, tea and varying sorts of breakfast breads out in the lobby each morning all of which were excellent. As for location, you really can't get any better in Malibu. You can get everywhere from this central pier location very quickly.

Room Tip: If you want to crack your sliding glass door and listen to the ocean when you sleep, do NOT get a pier view room. The road noise will overwhelm the sounds of the waves crashing.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WellTraveled282

Thank you so much for such an outstanding review! We are so grateful that you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate that you took the time to share the details of your experience as well as helpful tips for those who may be staying with us in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I needed to give myself a gift. So I did. Stayed at the Inn. It was really nice. Excellent customer service. Friendly and polite staff. Food was also very good.

My Complain:The parking fee is ridiculously high.

Needless to say, it is a perfect place to relax and reward yourself.

Room Tip: Get an Ocean Facing Room. Otherwise, it does not worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ontheroadagain201011
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you so much for gifting yourself with a stay at Malibu Beach Inn and taking the time to share your experience with us! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a relaxing time! We look forward to seeing you again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team