“Good place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed this place. We are visiting from the east coast and wanted one of those fabulous LA breakfast places with fresh ingredients, fun combinations and food innovations. Oh, and beach view.
This place has some of that. Bright fun atmosphere, parking is a bit of an issue, concrete floors amplify the noise so it's hard to have a conversation.
Great menu, many interesting choices, plenty of vegetarian choices. I had an omelette of pepper jack, avocado and vegetarian chorizo ((in place of the standard chicken offered). Family had corn flake-crusted French toast and huevos rancheros. They loved their food, mine was fine but not spectacular.
Service good, friendly.
Bottom line: 4 atmosphere, 4 food, 5 service, 4 value.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

Very consistent high end diner food. Good prices, good service. Just all around a nice place. Great to avoid high prices of Abbot Kinney or the crush of people in Venice.

A TripAdvisor Member
2021
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was located near our hotel and there was a line outside the door to get in. After eating there, I can't understand why. The line did move pretty quickly and we were seated within 15 minutes. My son ordered a veggie omelette. I have never seen an omelette like this. They took large pieces of vegetables and after cooking them, placed them inside eggs/omelette. The hash browns were almost raw on the inside. My pumpkin pancakes looked good but had no taste at all. The service was nothing special and neither was the food. I don't quite get why people would wait on line for this place.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

The children had asked to visit I hop during our holidays , which I have to say was a let down in both quality and variety.

This cafe on the other hand wins hand down in all respects ! Staff were attentive and extremely helpful, equally I was surprised to discover that most branded pancake houses don't provide Maple Syrup !

For an extra dollar we were given a small jug which was more than adequate for the four of us.

Pancakes were beautifully cooked, brother ate the corn flake toast which he spoke very highly of.

A must for a genuine US breakfast.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

This place is definately worth a visit! A hidden pearl maybe, we found on our way to some place else. We never got to elsewhere, and we returned til Buna the day after. Really nice place and food with extraordinary staff. We had, pancakes, eggs, bacon, fruit and juice, and it was all just good! Great art on the walls as an add on!