“Amazing place, with the best breakfast ever!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mariposa
Restful Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 21 Mariposa B&B and Inns
Encinitas, California
“Amazing place, with the best breakfast ever!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I recently stayed here with family we rent out all the rooms. Our stay was perfect and even my family from France was impressed with the amazing home cooked breakfast spread Lois and Jon prepare. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We even saw wild life on property fox and deer. My kids love this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AllHallowsEve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Or ... said another way ... go here if you love to eat! Lois and Jon put on a breakfast spread that is to die for! And Lois (jokingly) won't let anyone leave the table until everything is gone! Rooms are very clean, home is warm and inviting. Take off one star for not being a historic home, but add one back because they have a beautiful pool and hot tub, and two bonus stars because they take whatever delicious fruit, coffee cake, anything that will pack well, put it in a cooler they provide for the day, and send it with you for lunch/snack later!! (Only B&B I've ever been in that did that!) Other than a few idiosyncrasies that it took a little getting used to (but who of us don't?), we give this B&B a "two thumbs up"!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night in September of 2009 (ignore the May 2010 date I had to use) and we had an absolutely wonderful time. We were up in Yosemite white water rafting and camping for his birthday and then stayed here for our anniversary on the way back to L.A. and it was perfect.

Jon and Lois couldn't have been friendlier and more accommodating and the breakfast they provided was delicious. There was quite a variety of dishes and there was plenty of food to go around.

The setting was beautiful (we saw deer from the deck after breakfast) and it was very peaceful and quiet. We enjoyed the hot tub at night and just stared at all the stars above. The rooms themselves were clean, quiet and all that we needed, and the bed was super comfy.

The only aspect that we weren't entirely stoked on was it was a tad out of the way and the road to the place was a little long and windy. It was definitely worth it once we were there, but I just thought I'd throw out the heads up.

We highly, highly recommend Maroni's Restful Nest and we will stay there in a heart beat if we're ever in the area again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany_11_10
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My husband and I were only able to get away for one night and this turned out to be the perfect place to do it. Lois and Jon were so welcoming that we felt we were visiting old friends. The food was delicious and plentiful. Bring an appetite as you will hear "Mangia Mangia" more than once! Our room was large with a king size bed, a table with chairs, a bar, a water cooler and a coffee pot. The grounds are beautiful and serene. What the Restful Nest lacks in frills it more than makes up for in hospitality.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed here 2 nights along with my brother-in-law and his family while visiting Yosemite National Park. The B&B is 5 miles from Mariposa, and we got lost getting out there (which was my fault because I depended on my GPS to get us there and hadn't printed out instructions before we went...AND I had no phone service!) Once we got the directions and got back on track, we got there fine. We should have eaten in town before going out but it was getting to be about 7pm and we wanted to get checked in. So we ended up driving back into town to get something to eat. We learned and didn't do that the next night! :)

Our room had a bar and stools, coffee pot, and fresh water container along with a table. The other room had a microwave and refrigerator also. The rooms connected (if you wanted), so that was handy for us too.

The B&B is very quiet and secluded. There's an outdoor pool and hot tub. And the breakfast each morning was OUTSTANDING!! Our hosts, Lois & Jon, were the best! They gave us tips on things to do in the area and on the rest of our trip in California. Even helped make the trip extra-special for our 7-year-old nephew. Lois sent some of the breakfast leftovers with us our last day there, which was extra nice of her!

I highly recommend this B&B and the hosts. We wouldn't hestiate to go back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My boyfriend and I spent one night at the Restful Nest in August 2009. We were able to book it spontaneously on the same day we got there. The B&B is tucked away among the hills in "Wild West Country" and gives you the feeling of getting away from it all. They even had some deer in their backyard. The hosts are very amiable and also flexible: Usually breakfast is served starting 9 AM but we had to leave early; our host made us a delicious breakfast to take along. Everything is homemade and fresh every day. I would recommend this place to everyone looking for some peace and quiet. The location is great since it's very close to Yosemite.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We loved staying at this B&B. All rooms are beautiful: clean, big and well equipped. Our king size bed was extremely comfortable. All in all, we loved the experience. The surroundings are beautiful and peaceful and meeting the hosts was really worth it. This place is a must if you happen to be in the Mariposa area!

• Liked — the hosts
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
6.2 km away
7.0 km away
Miners Inn Motel
Miners Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Mariposa

Been to Restful Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!