All reviews bed and breakfast would stay again the ground floor every morning shasta mercantile bnb tub
Reviewed July 17, 2016

We just came back from Mount Shasta while staying at McCloud River Inn. This was our second time staying here. Everything was excellent. My husband and I both felt as if we were at our own house. Robin was amazing and everyone tried their best to give us the best service. The place is very clean and the breakfast was really good. My husband is gluten sensitive and Robin made sure to provide gluten free breakfast for my husband which made the stay even more pleasant. On top of everything else, they were nice enough to mail me my bathing suit which I accidentally left there. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2016

In June 2015 my wife and I stayed at the inn for 4 days and we really enjoyed it very much indeed. Any shortcomings in the building were overcome by the quality of service and food and overall attention to details. One year later in June 2016 we again stayed at the same B&B but this was a very different experience. The previous manager and spouse had retired. New people were now in charge and things had changed very much for the worse.
Service was very very poor. The breakfasts were at best poor and sometimes approaching inedible Rooms appeared to be clean but there were high levels and dust and cobwebs in our room. The Inn charges a premium price but this is not now a premium experience. Even if it were half the price I would be reluctant to stay there again. The new staff charged with running the Inn appear to have no prior experience and appear to have little idea about what their customers expect. We will NOT be staying there again.

Room Tip: Many shortcomings in all rooms. eg the air con units very old built into the windows and Very noisy. Long list of improvements needed.
5  Thank Mikeql
Reviewed June 23, 2016

We wanted to stay near Mt Shasta at a B&B for our anniversary. McCloud River Inn got great reviews and they were right. Jennifer and Robin were wonderful hosts who showed us around, gave us great info, made us feel right at home and fed us fabulous breakfasts. The room was very comfortable.

The Inn is small and intimate with only about six rooms. Jennifer baked great cookies each night, which were great at night and during the day!

If we're in the area again, we would definitely stay here.

Note: Jennifer and Robin aren't the owners, and the owners are trying to sell the place. If it sells it would be worth researching what changes will occur.

Room Tip: Each room is different. The hotel is very quiet, so I would imagine all rooms would be good.
1  Thank Pharon L
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Okay, so I really wanted to love this Bed & Breakfast but there are just some things I have to mention. First of all let me give the positives. Robin, the innkeeper, was very, very nice and helpful. Our room was located on the second floor and the day we arrived was unusually hot for this time of year. Although they offer air conditioning this comprised of a unit placed in a window, running on full speed, which never really cooled down the room. Robin mentioned opening the windows, at dusk, to give the room a nice cross breeze, which we did, but because it was so hot there was no breeze to be had. However, there were several dead bugs in the window sill that my husband kindly disposed of. The Inn also states they offer free Wi-Fi, which apparently they do, but we could never get a connection. Our room furnishings were a mixture of an antique armoire to a white metal, dated 70's bed frame with gold tone accents and a couple of what I can only describe as thrift store, water stained end tables. The curtains were dated and appeared to need a good washing. They do not provide any toiletries except for a wall mounted dispenser in the shower stall that contained bath wash and shampoo (no conditioner). There was a little jar of cotton swabs and I believe another which may have had cotton balls in it. I did find the towels to be quite nice and plush. We have stayed at many B&B's and this just didn't stand up to the $200 a night. I also found it kind of funny that there's a sign in the room offering $25.00 off your next stay, if you leave a review on TripAdvisor, Bed & Breakfast.com or Yelp. However, it didn't say that a positive review was required. Do you think they will honor their offer? The Inn has the potential to be charming but still has a lot work to do, to get there, in my opinion. Note: Be advised all the rooms, with the exception of one, plus the dining room are located on the second floor. This is a challenge for individuals who have mobility issues. At the time of my booking the website did not mention this fact, although I do believe Robin was going to address this with the owner.

Room Tip: Ask for the downstairs room and request a breakfast tray be brought to your room if you have issues climbing stairs.
2  Thank roadtrippin13
Reviewed May 30, 2016

The Inn is an historic building itself and located in the historic district of McCloud. The rooms are charming, comfortable and large. Breakfast was delightful. We only spent one night on a Tuesday. We found the historic district basically closed down and went to two eateries that were closed before finding a pizzeria that was open. Was never able to connect to the internet. The hotel staff told us about the McCloud river and the three falls there and we enjoyed seeing them very much. They were beautiful. I would stay again if in town. The beds were very comfortable and we got a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends