“Wonderful!”

Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I got married on August 20, 2011 (this review is a little late!) on the bluffs across from the Didjeridoo. We were looking for a quaint place to stay for our wedding night, and booked this online. When we arrived, I was wearing a tiara-type hair accessory, and had full on hair and makeup, so they figured out that we had just gotten married. The wonderful staff gave us a tour of the entire house, and let us choose whatever room we wanted (that wasn't occupied, of course) for no additional cost! We chose the one with the hot tub inside the room - the first room on the right as you come in the front door. The tub was so relaxing - even though it was August, it was quite cold by the late afternoon. The room was huge and had a very comfortable bed and very quaint decor. We definitely plan on staying at the Didjeridoo again - probably as an anniversary trip! I cannot thank the staff enough for the wonderful upgrade and service we received.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Our house and village love weddings, the energy they bring is special. Thank you for that!

in our village

There are newer reviews for Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had a really nice 1 night stay in March. We made last minute arrangements and got the nice room with a king bed and jacuzzi tub. The inn is close to all the shop, restaurants and ocean so we could wander around without using the car once we parked at the inn. Charles and the rest of the staff we very nice and helpful and we had a very filling and tasty breakfast in the morning. It was also nice to have coffee and tea available all the time in the lobby. Thanks for making our last minute get-away so nice and relaxing!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you! We do go thru a lot off coffee and tea here... Thanksgiving Coffee (local, fair trade and organic) TAZO Tea (cool box and good tea). Thanks for staying,

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We found the location on Hotels.com, and reserved the night based upon the unique name and the great price. We arrived in the pitch black night, and realized that while it wasn't necessarily clear that it was a BnB, it was in fact a BnB. We were greeted by Charles when we went in, and Tina and Eileen when we returned from the local pub later that night. This building is a 1880's Victorian home, that has all the accompanying building characteristics of that era. The room was well appointed, although the shower was small. The bed was comfortable and warm and the room had charm. The breakfast was fantastic, Eileen cooked a huevos rancheros, as well as a quinoa recipe for breakfast which was a pleasant surprise from the normal sugary waffle. The coffee was great and the personality of Eileen, Tina and Charles made our morning start off perfectly. Thank you very much for our serendipitous good time. This was a business / couples trip. The hotel is located directly across the street from the bay/ocean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thanks! Sometimes it is hard to tell we're a B&B - until I'm doing dishes for 22 - then it's clear :)

Glad you had a good time. See you soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I booked this stay through Hotel.com for our 25th wedding anniversary...after I looked @ several other Inn's available I was most impressed by Didgeridoo’s overall reviews, rates & photos. After not receiving the itinerary after the 3rd call to Hotels.com I got nervous & called the Inn directly to confirm the room & our accommodations. I spoke to Charles who was very pleasant & he told me all about the room that we were going to be staying in & that we got a really good deal for what we paid because it was one of their more deluxe rooms with a "king bed" but had a claw foot tub that was chipped & it didn't have a flat screen TV that it normally would have. I was convinced that we were getting something really special for what we had paid as per Charles & that we would love the room it was called the "Zen Room"...so I felt with all this however we were switched to room #61 that "queen bed" but was not told this prior to & we also hate those types of surprises whether or not he/they thought they were doing something better for us...we would have loved to have had the option ....we were both reluctant to complain because we both don't like confrontation & so we just accepted it as it was just overnight...had it of been for 2 nights that would have probably been a different story...so I thanked Charles & wife for the bottle of champagne & the room with the fireplace ...the next morning I was able to see the room we were originally suppose to get & it was way more beautiful & with a king bed... so I was even more disappointed! I also knew going in that our room was on the 1st floor near the front door & some reviews complained about the noise level. this was compounded by the 1 inch gap on the bottom of one of the doors (double doors) & we could hear everything that was going on & the draft was a bit much...thank goodness for the fireplace! The bed was too small for our liking & we didn't initially realize it was a queen bed until the next day. and the description of a pillow top bed was not accurate & felt like a very worn down bed. The breakfast itself was very different but great with the exception there was no room to eat & ended back in our room. I really think that we were moved to a different room because they became full & were able to get more for the "Zen Room" $149 versus $100 & so we just got bumped but it was made to look like they were doing us a favor. I now have a bad taste in my mouth. The lesson we will take from this is just because someone is "nice" to you it doesn't mean you cannot complain & have them make things right even if it uncomfortable situation & you may lose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dee366
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

First of all, $100 for a room in Mendocino with a full delicious breakfast and a bottle of great desert wine, sounds like a deal :)

I do not lie to make a profit. The room you were put in has a Queen Bed, a jetted 2 person tub in a separate nook area a fire place and is very beautiful. The room you looked at the next day was not the room with the chipped tub and non flat screen TV. You looked at 72, an interior room and one of our very nicest (it's the one with the 3 trees pictures in tripadvisor). The room you were originally given for the discounted rate of $100 is room 73, an outside corridor room and we rent it LAST because the tub is unusable, it has no fire place and the flat screen TV was crudely removed. It is pretty and zen but in disrepair thats why you got the rate of $100. It's an outside corridor room and was occupied. You never saw that room.

@ Didjeridoo

Ps. I upgraded you into room 61 because when you called you told me it was your anniversary and I thought you would like the fireplace and the 2 person jetted tub along with the $15 bottle of Muscat dessert wine!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there in February 2012. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Very spacious, clean, romantic room. Breakfast was the best part...because it let us meet all of the others at the inn. This place is magical...and all of the guests and staff made it that way. It is more than a bed and breakfast...it has a serenity that I have not found anywhere else. Great place to unwind, forget about the rest of the world, and have an AWESOME time!

New amenities, comfortable bed, and great hot tub and fireplace in the room. The staff were very helpful with suggesting places to go and things to do.

Room Tip: We wene in the room for couples located outside of the main house. It was very quiet and romantic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robbie E
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thanks!
Your such a cool person and we all really enjoyed having you both, your fun to hangout with :) It was a great group the week you were here. Talk with you on FaceBook soon and see you next time you in California!

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Wow, magical things really do happen at this inn. (personal, so I won't elaborate.) I loved my room (61) with it's fireplace and great, comfy, four-poster bed. Loved breakfast with my delightful hosts and other guests. Loved the energy of the old church across the way. Loved walking to the ocean or the village. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

We Love you!
See you soon :)

from
Didjeridoo

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I would have to agree with gina h more than many of the other reviews. My wife and I arrived at the Inn around 3:00 and were greeted by a rather strong smell. I would say it was either a really bad pot of kombucha or more likely marijuana. The Inn itself was fine but you are really left to figure things out on your own. There is no literature in the rooms that list the perticulars of the Inn such breakfast time, if there are books or movies available, how to contact staff, what TV channels are available, etc. I am still at a loss to know what about this place had anything to do with a "Meditation Center".
Our room was clean and the bathroom looked like at had just recently been redone. This is truly an old Inn and there are some things that go along with staying in a place like that including relatively thin walls and drafty windows. This was fine although being on the first floor you could hear everything that was going on in the entry way and main room. Everything quieted down very early and we did get a very nice night's sleep. The smell of the "tea" was gone by 7:00 when my wife and I got back to the Inn. One other negative to our room was that there was not a lot of privacy offered from outside our window. There is a walkway directly outside and no privacy screens. The window dressings were impossible to get to cover the entire window. This led to looking at people as they walked right past within a foot of our bay window, looking right at our bed. Not too romantic.
Breakfast in the morning was a disappointment. The staff at the Inn was very nice and had smiles on thier faces. They really seemed like nice people that really wanted you to enjoy yourself while you were there. Since Charles seems to read all of these reviews I hope that he takes this in the most constructive way possible. Sitting around in random chairs and couches is a bit off putting. I have never been at an Inn or B&B that did not offer some choice at breakfast. We had the breakfast pizza. One was alright the other had enough salt on it to brine fish. There was no vegetarian option that I saw, no cereal, no milk, no fresh fruit. Perhaps these things came out after we left. We tried the breakfast but ended up eating in town.
Overall I would say my impression of this place it that it has potential but there needs to be a great deal of improvement to the professionalism shown by the staff. Again, this is not to take away from their warm, friendly personalities. This comment is more about delivering a comfortable experience for the customer. There are a lot of positive comments on this place. I think a lot of that comes down to the friendlyness of the staff. For me, the smell of what seemed like marijuana inside the Inn when we got there and the ad hoc nature of service was not what what I hope for in my vacation accomodations.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1_WorldExplorer
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Wow! I want you to know I'm not offended by your review with the exception of guessing the smell might have been "a really bad pot of kombucha", our kombucha is Great! Our information & policy sheets are being printed and I'll have them in the rooms soon.

The Breakfast;

Miranda made GREAT organic breakfast pizza's from scratch using local wild mushrooms and herbs. She made 3 pizzas all of them were vegetarian. When she was preparing them the cap came off the salt container and spilled the salt on one side of one pizza. She was almost in tears. She thought she had got it off to where it was good. When the first guest mentioned the salt I told the whole room what had happened and brought out more pizza, everyone enjoyed, sorry you left unhappy :(

Your room (60);

60 is a beautiful room right at the front of the house with a great garden and church view. When you walk by the room on the outside walkway you can see in the bay window but not the bed, its set to far back and the room is higher than the walk way.

The Meditation center;

It's on the 3rd floor and is used by us and our guest. Miranda has been giving Didjeridoo meditations in it for sometime. By the Summer of this year we will have a Yurt up to be used for meditation and other programs, stay tuned!

The Smell;

This is Mendocino and not to say its a good thing or a bad thing but you might smell that smell in other Inn's here, on the beach and many other places. We hope people try not to be offensive in their practices. We do not allow smoking of any kind in the houses common area and tobacco is only allowed outside!

Finally,

Our Inn is not an old stoic Victorian Inn, we are Mendocino people in a house of loving-kindness and the place seems to attract many cool people. We hope you were not offended or to uncomfortable being here and sorry bout that salt!

Charles @ Didjeridoo