“The place you wanna stay in Mendocino”

Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Well, let's start by saying this is an excellent bed and breakfast that will provide as much as you need, a clean beautiful room, great staff, excellent breakfasts ( Charles the proprietor, probably should have been a chef) his breakfasts are different every day and each day I stayed I wondered can it get better, and it did.
The property is beautiful, built in 1888, rooms with claw foot bath tubs. ( make sure you ask though, only select rooms have them. Grounds are well maintained, and you can tell great care is taken.
You can walk to anywhere in the village, and a beach access across the street behind one of the oldest churches in town to big river beach.
My stay was very memorable and I will definitely stay here when I come back. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a claw foot bath tub.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Thanks!
I really love cooking!

There are newer reviews for Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Im happy to recommend the Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn. The rooms are attractive. The garden is lovely. The staff is friendly and helpful. Plus the breakfasts are amazing and the inn is dog friendly. It's an excellent home base for visiting Mendicino.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HollyJennifer

Mmmmm Breakfast :)

Glad you enjoyed

Reviewed 5 November 2012

After a stressful fall I needed a place to relax for a few days, and the Didjeridoo in the heart of Mendocino village was just what I needed. The house is 130 years old and has a lot of charm.
The staff are all friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were great (especially the yogurt, and the pecan & brown sugar bacon), and the location was fantastic--right across the street from the entrance to the beach and walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. I parked when I got there and never needed the car till I left.
There's coffee and tea out all day as well, which was a nice treat.
There was a woodstove in the room (I was in the mini room) and firewood, but unfortunately it wasn't cold enough to make a fire--in the winter though that would be a treat.

Pros:
Location
Breakfast
Free wifi
Coffee & Tea
Historic location

Cons:
Flat pillows (I brought my own, which was good)
Noise from people walking around upstairs in the morning (it's an old house)
Windows didn't all work or have screens (but it's cool enough generally)

I will happily stay there again!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, you might want an upstairs room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Didjeridoo's great for stress release :)
Thanks for staying and I'm glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights last march and again this past August. My family and I cuddled up with a cozy fire and dessert and enjoyed watching the Olympics closing ceremonies. They were very accommodating with our son and our dog. they brought them extra pillows and blankets. Breakfast was delicious too! We would stay again next time we are in town.

• Stayed: March 2012

The Uk put on a great Olympics! Hope to see you back before the next ones :)

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I have stayed at the Didjeridoo several times over the last few years. My family and I love the laid back atmosphere and the friendly vibes. There are several amazing coastal places close by to enjoy nature. It's always a real treat to get out of the city and be able to visit.

Room Tip: We love the front main floor room AKA the Purple Palace. Do not miss Charles's breakfast what ev...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thanks! See you again soon :)

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at Didjeridoo Inn- great breakfasts; helpful hosts who guided us to dog-friendly restaurants and hikes. RIght across street is the beach. Dog-Friendly. Would definitely stay there again.
Plus - got a didjeridoo performance by Miranda - excellent!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Our location is Great for people and dogs. We luv dogs here. I have 2 Corgi's (Morgi and Comptche). Miranda is such a great Didj player! Thanks for having a good time :)

Reviewed 24 October 2012

4 of us took a last minute trip to Mendocino and decided since it was mid week not to book in advance. When we pulled into town at 3:30, we saw the Didjeridoo Inn & Sweetwater Inn but decided to see if we could get a last minute rate at one of the more expensive deluxe Inns. The 2 on the top of our list were sold out and the garden units at the Mendocino Hotel were still way overpriced even with a $100 discount. So we decided to check out the Didjeridoo and Sweetwater. The 2 rooms we were shown at the Didjeridoo #62 & #72 were both really nice and soooooo much nicer than the Mendocino Hotel I was sold. The owner was extremely nice and offered to hold the rooms while we checked out the B & B next door. Our friends decided to stay at the Sweetwater in the 2nd floor main house Victorian Style view room and we took room # 72 at the Didjeridoo. The outside entry meant our room was very quiet. The room had a more modern clean style which I really liked with a fireplace, in room jetted tub and separate shower in the bathroom. the king size bed was very comfortable although the comforter was a bit too warm. If we had stayed another night I would have asked for a 2nd lighter blanket instead of using the down comforter. Can't say enough how excellent the breakfast was the owner was also kind enough to let our friends join us for breakfast. Another nice thing about the Inn is the easy walk to the beach along the river. We will stay here again but will book in advance if it is a busier time as I am sure this place sells out.

Room Tip: Room 62 in the main house has a very pretty sitting area in a bowed out window area on the main floo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelmystic

Thank You!
Glad you enjoyed and hope you stay again.