“Seclusion and beauty in a romantic setting.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Cypress Cove at Mendocino
Ranked #21 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Oakland, California
“Seclusion and beauty in a romantic setting.”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I was looking for a truly romantic and private venue to take my wife for our 25th anniversary. I did some research online and decided to try Cypress Cove based on how much people seemed to enjoy their experiences there. I have to say that it lived up to the billing. We stayed in the top (Pacifica) suite and enjoyed a fabulous view of Mendocino Bay and the relaxing sound of the surf on the cliffs below us. The suite was clean and well-appointed and even though some guests occupied the Cove suite below us, it felt very secluded and private. I arranged through the management staff to have a floral bouquet waiting for my wife on our arrival, and they did one better - a second bouquet with their compliments - a very thoughtful touch! The town of Mendocino is a five minute drive north around the bay, where we enjoyed the food, shopping, and some hiking very, very much!

Only negative I can think of was that the flue in the wood-burning stove got stuck during the second day of our stay, so things got a little smoky after I lit the fire. I had to dowse it, as I couldn't figure out how to open the flue that had been working the day before.

All in all, this is a wonderful and romantic getaway that I highly recommend, and I do suggest the Pacifica suite, as it offers a bit more privacy being on the second floor. This was about a 4-hour drive from our home in the East Bay (near Oakland, CA), but my wife and I both agree it was very much worth the trip and are looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbirvin

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 8 January 2008

My husband and I stayed at Cypress Cove over New Year's. The house doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside did not disappoint! We stayed in the downstairs "Cove" and our friends stayed in the upstairs "Pacifica". We had the better view with wrap-around windows, but they had a larger bathroom and full kitchen with stove, etc. The "Cove" has a mini-fridge and microwave, so it was perfect for us.
Some bonuses:
- tons of storage space (there are drawers hidden everywhere)
- included plates, glasses, silverware, knives, and a cutting board
- fresh ground gourmet coffee and cream/sugar in fridge (regular and decaf)
- bottle of wine in fridge to welcome us
- complementary chocolates and brandy
- binder with lists of things to do/see
What to bring:
- shampoo
- hand lotion
- sweatshirt
- snacks
The highlights:
- the view of Mendocino at night
- the note next to the toilet re: septic system (see attached photo)
We had the fire going almost the entire time we were there, and there was more firewood stacked outside. We stocked up on basics at the Harvest Market (in Mendocino); Our friends stocked their fridge at Safeway in Fort Bragg (10 miles away). Perfect for a romantic getaway.

• Liked — The view couldn't be beat!
  • Disliked — No shampoo.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vanillagice
Hill Country of Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2003

Wow! From the moment we arrived, we were mesmerized by the views across Mendocino Bay to the picturesque village of Mendocino! And you're right there at the edge of the bluff so you get to see all the beautiful changes of color as the waves crash on the rocks! There are only two accomodations, but our friends stayed in the other so we got to spend time in them both. VERY reasonably priced also--as we checked around for other oceanfront lodging! What more could you want? We had a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub in the bath, private deck and small fridge. Coffees, teas, brandy and chocolates were provided which was perfect as we picked up goodies for snacking in Mendocino and had great dinners at Stevenswood, Little River Inn and Edge of the Earth. We'll definitely return in the future!

9 Thank MsGhost