All reviews silicon valley palo alto stanford university walk in closet room service four seasons the santa cruz mountains nespresso machine main building pool service pool area beautiful property business and pleasure hotel guests rooms are spacious fitness center mini bar
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband had been wanting me to experience this lovely property as he comes to Palo Alto for meetings quite a bit. It was unfortunate I was under-the-weather during our stay. Despite being mostly in the room, I still have to review this property as I see some reviews here that are unfair or inaccurate.

Our check-in was pleasant and seamless. We parked our car in the complimentary lot closest to our room. Joseph who showed us to our lovely room pointed out property highlights as he drove us in the golf cart. The weather and the property were just gorgeous.

As I rest and recovered in the room, the reception/concierge/housekeeping/room service folks couldn’t have been more sweet and caring. They fussed and were concerned about me without being overly intrusive. When I asked for softer tissues (for blowing my nose), I think someone gave up their own box of super soft tissues for me. Thank you, whoever you are. They were a blessing.

I wasn’t much for eating but did order room service dinner and then lunch the next day. My chicken sandwich wasn’t great. Bread cold and hard and my fries were super salty. Nevertheless, all was made right with lunch of healthy cauliflower soup and fish the next day. Thank you to the sweet and patient Daphny who took my order. (I didn’t realize this but my husband, who later reviewed our bill, said they treated me to dinner and lunch. I’m most touched.)

There is an operator that fields and transfers calls to the correct department. On our last day, the very sweet Paolo comes on the phone and immediately asks how I was feeling and if I was doing better. I was touched he remembered. And you know, that was the general vibe of kindness and caring I received from everyone at Rosewood Sand Hill — from the phone operator to the concierge to front desk staff when I checked out to the housekeepers, bellmen and in-room dining. I could not fault any of them. They were all genuinely warm, caring and kind. I so appreciated the later check-out so I could rest a little more. That was most helpful.

Thank you to dear Joseph who came to pick me up from the room to drive me to the front desk on our last day. He said he was getting off his shift but wanted to take care of me and check on me.

Because of these wonderful people, I will return here. The gorgeous property and weather are a big plus, of course. Thank you all for nursing me back to health. Also thank you for my husband’s birthday wishes and surprises you left in the room. He was busy at meetings in Palo Alto but you all made his stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SharonC4773, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mrs. Beaverhousen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you are feeling much better.
!
Thank you for mentioning Joseph, Daphne and Pablo for their exceptional service. I have shared your kind words with each of them, and we are all very grateful to you for taking the time to mention them by name.

Our goal is to provide you with outstanding service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays is a pleasant and memorable one. We will utilize all of your responses to enhance our service further, and will continue working to maintain the tradition of excellence for which Rosewood Hotels & Resorts is known.

We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Sand Hill in the near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Stop trying to be cool Sandhill. Lines outside the venue on Thursday nights is just stupid. This ain’t Vegas buddy.

Do let us know when you come back to planet earth.

Vibe of the place has changed for the worst

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Skysnet,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this important feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent visit on Thursday night. The changes you detailed have been implemented in effort to provide a more comfortable and better overall experience in the bar and lounge.

We strive to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities, and I am very disappointed that we failed to do so on this occasion. However, by reporting the issues you experienced during your visit, you have aided us in enhancing the reputation for excellent service that we at Rosewood Sand Hill strive so diligently to uphold.

We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Sand Hill in the near future, so that we may regain your confidence.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Clean and well landscaped resort, Room fees fluctuated from one night to the next. Certain parties were offered a promotion of 4th night free, others not. Housekeeping was adequate but late in the day one time when requested specifically for AM. Hotel restaurant was okay- service was very good but food was average and overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Dear MicheleH70QR,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I hope that you will accept my apologies for the lapse in service that you experienced during your recent visit to Rosewood Sand Hill.

We strive to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities, and I am very disappointed that we failed to do so on this occasion. However, by reporting the issues you experienced during your stay, you have aided us in enhancing the reputation for excellent service that we at Rosewood Sand Hill strive so diligently to uphold.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

The Rosewood at Sand Hill is almost a landmark in the Menlo Park area. The hotel holds itself to the highest standards, and the staff plays a large part in keeping up with the exceptional levels of service. In this review, I would like to recognize two members of the team at the Pool Bar who stood out because of their exemplary service.

We had the pleasure of recently stopping by the Pool Bar at the Rosewood for an impromptu lunch; this was our second visit to the restaurant. We were greeted at the entrance by the manager, B, who remembered us from our previous visit – what a pleasant surprise – it felt like home. Vanessa promptly came and took our order, which was quickly prepared and served. Throughout our meal, they checked on us periodically ensuring that we were enjoying ourselves – which we were. The food and drinks were great as always; however, it's their excellent service that sets this place apart.

We had a great time and are looking forward to coming back. We enjoyed ourselves very much and felt like we were eating at a friend’s place, rather than at a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
RWSH_Hotel, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear Susmith G,

Thank you for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.
Kind regards,
Rosewood Sand Hill

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Well, this is truly a California paradise in scene but the socially inept staff truly spoil the ambiance. Our family visited at the end of summer and the reception staff could not look more annoyed to see another happy family on vacation. We presented for breakfast to the main dining suite at 10:35 am on our first morning and were TURNED AWAY- only to be told that breakfast is only served until 10:30 but that room service could bring breakfast until 11am. "May I order breakfast to the room?" I asked in astonishment. Not a menu was offered. Dumbfounded, we left to quickly order room service to the room! The spa was redeeming, a very restful place to relax and unwind. The suite had a very comfortable bed but showed signs of age throughout the space. For the prices we paid, I would most certainly not return. The resort is lovely but plagued by the noise of the adjacent freeway.The hotel may be named Rosewood but the young staff is quite bitter and hardened. A smile would have been quite nice as a greeting upon entering the hotel. Please consider these basic civilities when pleasant and happy guests are entering the hotel and bringing thousands of dollars to spend during a two night stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Lovetheluxe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. I hope that you will accept my apologies for the lapse in service that you experienced during your recent visit to Rosewood Sand Hill.