“Good food, nice ambience ”
Review of Left Bank

Left Bank
Reserve with OpenTable
Left Bank is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Doyle
Transit: The Caltrans stops only two blocks away.
Description: Left Bank is an authentic French brasserie celebrating Mediterranean Cuisine. Located in Menlo Park's charming downtown, Left Bank transports guests to a quaint brasserie in Paris. Open since 1998 and completely re-modeled in 2008, Left Bank offers a casual, charming brasserie setting where diners feast upon classic southern French cuisine. Our outdoor sidewalk cafe seating evokes a lively European atmosphere and is the perfect place for just an appetizer and beer or a 3-course meal with a beautiful bottle of wine. Whether it's at our sidewalk table, the gorgeous glass-walled bar, or in the casually elegant main dining room, you'll enjoy a fun & french experience. Thirteen years of working with local organic farms allows us to bring you the best seasonal ingredients available. Chef de Cuisine Steven Catalano offers an always changing menu focused on Southern French Cuisine.
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We met friends here who live in Menlo Park. It was Sunday brunch time, so we had duck confit hash, pain perdu (French toast), waffles, eggs benedict and French onion soup. It was all delicious! The setting was very reminiscent of a French restaurant (we were just in France a couple of weeks ago). It is located in the quaint downtown area of Menlo Park. I highly recommend a visit here!

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Our family loved it here and we will definitely be returning for brunch. Our meals were gorgeous (our children had the waffles which were served with a generous helping of fresh fruit and my Eggs Benedict was delicious). The service was great too.

I think the only thing lacking during our visit was that the atmosphere was a bit flat, but maybe that changes in the evening.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

We dined on salad, French onion soup, cheese fondue and dessert. The food was ok but certainly not out of the ordinary or memorable. We’ve had better French cuisine for sure. I thought the prices were reasonable and the atmosphere and decor nice. It was too crowded and noisy for my taste. I hate being seated 2 feet from the next table. It ruins dinner in my opinion as I feel I’m encroaching on other peoples space and I feel crowded and uncomfortable.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

The service was just okay. Main meals came out when we were less than half way done appetizers. After that we were generally ignored for most of the meal. I can pour my own wine, but our server pretty much disappeared until it was time for dessert. The biggest disappointment was that the food was generally bland. Out of all the dishes our group of 4 ordered, the only one that was pretty good was the Beef Bourguignon. Gambas were whole shrimp not easily extracted from their shell. Duck was excellently cooked and very tender, but the flavor was bland, as was the rigatoni. Had much higher hopes given the reviews of others and the look of the menu.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Great steak frites. Very noisy, .though. Reservations necessary. A staple of the Menlo Park restaurant scene.