“Me and my fiance”

Price range: US$20 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiance ate there and the restaurant was classsy the service was excellent and the food was awesome 5 stars

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Do drop by here is you are looking for nice drinks before heading home for dinner after work. It's not very crowded so you can have some nice time sipping all alone for a small chit chat with your friend. Food is alright, not the best place in town to take a date though. It just helps satiate your hunger. Good for those end of month days when you want to be lighter on your pocket

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were first time diners last week at the Boar's Breath. What a pleasant surprise. As Lake County residents, we are hungry for good local restaurants because the list of decent eateries in the County is rather short. The ambiance was nice, the service was a hit, and the food was great. Last week we ate a Solbar, a one-star Michelin rated restaurant for the past four years. I must say Boar's Breath is better by all accounts in terms of ambiance, food, service, and price. Why go over the hill to Calistoga for an inferior restaurant? We will be back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This small restaurant has a great and friendly atmosphere with surprising food for this small town. The staff has been very attentive each time I have visited. This time I wasn't extremely hungry but knew I at least wanted to have the roasted beet salad. It was suggested that I add salmon to the salad. Well that was an amazing suggestion who would have thought that a beet salad and salmon would is sing in your mouth like this did. The salad has a layer of roasted and marinated beets topped with a selection of spring greens, goat cheese, candied walnuts, red cabbage, julienned carrots, and a dressing that is light tangy and slightly sweet. The salmon was I would guess about 5 ounces and perfectly cooked. Extremely fresh tasting the combination of the salmon and salad along with a red blend of wine won me over. If you are in the area stop in you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank espomer
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This restaurant accommodated 6 of us and didn't care how long we stayed to chat. Even offered to refill our water when they knew we were just catching up after not seeing each other for awhile. The food was great! The staff attentive. I understand why the locals recommend it. I had the salmon and it was perfectly cooked. The full bar was a nice compliment & they know how to make their drinks!

1  Thank compass_77