All reviewslife changingan understatementhealing sessionspura vidaeach guestmy spousespent weeksdetailed directionstransformationclarityhealthbodyworkmovementinsightcaliforniaannjungle
Reviewed May 12, 2018

I came to Sacred Springs, CA needing to hit the reset button in my life and I was well supported both in my time at the retreat and with teachings and tools to carry forward in my journey. Dr. Ann West is a compassionate, skilled and knowledgeable guide. She provides expert individual counseling as well as leading group sessions, yoga and meditation. She operates from the highest integrity and aims to help everyone at the retreat have a profound and personal experience with their own spirituality, so they may feel connected to source and find their way home to themselves. Her approach to personal transformation and enlightenment is practical and empowering whether you are old or new to the spiritual path. I found that the immersive environment of the retreat setting helped me to understand and integrate parts of my life and spiritual practice that I have struggled with for many years. There was an easy comradery among the guests and although we came from very different lives we recognized the common thread in what we all were seeking and learned a great deal from each other. Dr. Ann makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome in her home, where the retreat is held, and it is a beautiful and peaceful setting overlooking a river. There is a lot of care and attention to detail in all the guest rooms, living rooms and deck that feels both rustic and elegant, homey and sacred. The meals were well prepared, wholesome and delicious and were all vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free. The bodywork and detox treatments were all top notch and provided deep relaxation to balance the more emotional counseling work. Altogether it was an experience of profound self-care that I am continuing to discover and integrate into my life, now a month after my retreat. I feel that my time at Sacred Springs was a wonderful investment in my self and it will be my first choice the next time I need a deeply restorative getaway.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2018

The location of this retreat center is beautiful. It's the perfect setting for rejuvenation. The food was restorative and nurturing. Yummy fresh juices every day, and the vegan food that was prepared with love by Ash was amazing! My skin was glowing by the time it was over! Anjay is a kind, wise soul and has a lot to teach. Sama lead us on a very powerful womb healing journey that has stayed with me since. I loved seeing the wild turkeys milling about as well. I'm very grateful for my time at Sacred Springs!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I just got back from a 7 day personal transformation retreat with Dr. Ann West and it was the best experience of my life. For the past 3 years I looked into going to Sacred Springs but somehow I always talked myself out of it. My life was becoming unbearable so I decided to invest in myself and it was worth every penny. The retreat focused on healing my mind, body, and soul. Everything that was listed on the website was accurate and I received treatments catered to my specific needs. Yoga, meditation, hiking, ozone therapy, massage therapy, Breathwork, theta healing, cognitive behavioral therapy, and catered meals (vegan, all raw foods, juices) from a fantastic chef, gorgeous accommodations, and amazing company. I feel lighter, happier, and overall healthier. I was given the tools to help aid with my progress once entering back into my normal day-to-day life. I highly recommend this retreat to anyone who needs a reboot. Best decision that I’ve ever made!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank June L
Reviewed January 17, 2018

WOW ~ Feeling super blessed and empowered from recently completing a Reiki Mastery course at Pura Vida (owned by Sacred Springs) in Yelapa, Mexico with the incredible Dr. Ann West, as well as spending an entire month here. I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to break away from the city life to experience such tranquility in paradise! Where to begin ~ Pura Vida is located right on the ocean with the jungle just behind you...To hear the ocean waves so consistently is incredibly soothing to the soul. The casitas (rooms) are gorgeous; each one unique and beautifully built. The staff here are welcoming and highly knowledgable in many healing modalities with a variety of offerings and services. The food is fresh, healthy and delicious! All prepared by a few local sweetheart sisters that never disappoint. Every meal has been comforting and uplifting! They recently added some brand new yoga equipment (as i just read the negative review mentioning weathered mats)...There is also lovely essential oil spray for the mats which i found a really sweet bonus after a nice yoga session. All in all it's been a pretty wonderful experience. I'm really looking forward to returning again in the future :)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2017

I spent a week at Pura Vida in Yelapa for a Personal Transformation Retreat. It was the best thing I have ever done in my life except for having my children. The rooms were beautiful and simple. It was surreal effectively sleeping in the jungle surrounded by nature.

The retreat was well thought out and structured. I learned so. Any things about myself and life in general. All was delivered with amazing insight and thought my Anjay and Chris. The whole experience was both magical and uplifting. The food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and thoughtful.

I plan on visiting again and have already convinced a friend to book.

I cannot recommend this beautiful place and experience enough

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo