“Perfect place to stay near Yosemite”
Driveway Entrance Driveway approach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Driveway Entrance
Driveway approach
Welcome Bear
Guest apartment entrance from parking
Entrance balcony
View from Patio
Covered Patio off of entrance balcony
Barbecue Area
Bathroom with Shower
Floor Plan
16' Above Ground Pool
Pool Area
Aerial view of pool and patio areas.
View from the Pool Area
Yosemite Juniper Crest Sunset
Spring in the Front Meadow
Poppy Path to the Cabana
Summer bloom in the front planter
Winter in our backyard
December Snow 2013
Front Yard View Winter 2013
April Poppies on the Merced River
Yogi Coyote
Backyard Visitor
Hosts/Owners Rickey & Gary
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Luv-the-b...
Kansas City, Missouri
“Perfect place to stay near Yosemite”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This rental was very comfortable, clean, roomy and quiet to rest after busy days exploring Yosemite Park and the Mariposa Grove of Sequoias. This apt. was easy to book on line quickly. Good wifi. The little town of Mariposa is only 10 minutes to the west to gas up the rental car, eat in a cafe or get groceries to cook in the apartment kitchen. I flew into Fresno airport and drove to this rental to be as close to Yosemite as possible. The owners are very friendly and helpful when needed for area information. At check-in Gary supplied basic maps and area info. - what a bonus! They were good supplements to my own research. I have allergies and had to stay somewhere with air conditioning and non-smoking / this rental was perfect. The outdoor above ground pool was inviting. Thanks for a great stay for my Yosemite adventure!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ruebini
Singapore, Singapore
“I'd model my house on theirs”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

My fiance had booked the apartment about a month in advance and emailed Gary & Rickey for suggestions on places to visit. They were very helpful in providing useful (not just generic) suggestions on places to visit and eat at, and how to plan our trip with local knowledge.

The amenities provided inside and outside the house are far superior to most properties. It is evident that the Francisco's have put in a lot of effort into landscaping. There are deck chairs out for nocturnal stargazing, and a BBQ set for grilling, if you're so inclined.

Don't worry if you're out late, because they've installed a comprehensive motion sensor system that allows you to park and navigate your way to the apartment without bumping into things like a blind bat!
(Gary did the wiring himself - impressive, no?)

Once inside, there is a cozy atmosphere that just makes you want to sleep.. Sigh... The kitchen is well equipped, with a large fridge, microwave and cutlery. They even have (plastic) wine glasses, water bottles (good for trekking) and some paper towels of amazing quality - no really, it's good stuff! Had we stayed longer, I would have cooked proper meals.

Now, I'm a picky person, and bathrooms can make or break my mood. This one passed with flying colors - it was spacious and clean, with a hair dryer, toiletries, soft fluffy towels, more than enough racks and a shower stall large enough for 2 to fit comfortably. The only thing I could nitpick about, was that the lock was a bit small, and may not be elderly friendly, but it was certainly fine for us!

Having stayed with them, I understand why their ratings are consistently excellent. If we return to Yosemite, we would definitely book them again, no questions asked!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Ireland
Reviewed 19 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Carrie S
“You have to stay here! ��”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in June 2013

We stayed here in mid June as part of a two week stay in Marin County and San Francisco area. I traveled with my husband, 2 children, and the last minute addition of my niece. We had plenty of room! We are a well traveled family, and the Francisco's stand out! I cannot say enough about this couple and their accommodations. I second everything great said about them. Everytime I looked for something we needed or forgotten, it was already at hand thanks to Gary's great care. He had all the local insider knowledge, and shared great restaraunts as well as shortcuts to the most popular hikes...a gem when hiking with 3 children! Ricky cut us fresh fruit our first morning, there were snacks, bug spray for the kids as they play on the tire swing out front, and hiking sticks! Ricky had the pool ready for us everyday on our return, and Gary had the grill ready and an interesting history lesson! We truly fell in love with this place and these people. As we left, my husband and I felt like we were leaving family! The Francisco's are true stewards of Yosemite, and our most unexpected treasure we found there!

ScooterPa...
Elk Grove, California
“Wonderful vacation spot”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

This is a fantastic place to enjoy peace and serenity. Gary and Rickey are wonderful hosts who made us feel welcomed and special. They were very responsive to our needs. The apartment was comfortable, clean, and well-stocked in goodies.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very confortable apartment
Liked least: Not applicable.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers
Netherlands
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Older travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$100
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing