“Three Ring Circus” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Three Ring Circus”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

The hotel is clean and the staff courteous. However the Hilton/Embassy Suite folks have a serious problem. On the weekends the hotels turn into a free for all, with party groups and traveling sports teams. In the evenings, kids are running down the halls screaming and slamming the doors. The parents are down at the bar and the business traveler is wondering what happened to the Hilton experience. Next door to my room someone is beating on drums ! "I kid you not"

In their defense, Embassy suites recognizes the problem as they are now posting "rules of behavior" and have security guards walking the hallways. But they have to decide if they want the business traveler's patronage or that of the party crowd.

Since I travel 100,000 miles per year, I will be looking towards the Sheraton or Marriot for my lodging needs. Being woken in the middle of the night is becoming an all too oftern experience at Embassy Suites. But if your looking for a Kegger, you know where the party is !

Room Tip: Dont go on the weekends !
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank tscm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
oxnard, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Started our summer vacation trip here for one night (mid-june). The room was sufficient for 2 adults and 4 kids. Kids were anxious to get to the pool, still had fun eventhough it was busy. Had pizza delivered to the room (extremely limited on places to eat nearby-walking) which was great. Breakfast in the morning was good and convienent so we could continue on up to Tahoe. Our only problem was finding a parking space, but that was due to a video game convention going on at the time. We've had good experiences with Embassy and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed for 3 weeks and the hotel staff were excellent. The atrium in the middle of the hotel is very peaceful, with a carp pond and waterfall, great place to lose yourself in a good book while availing of the manager reception of free drinks and snacks from 5.30 to 7.30.
The hotel bar has a very friendly atmosphere, and very helpful and friendly staff, and getting to know those around you helps to make it all the more homely and pleasant

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I just spent 4 weeks living at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, CA. I was there on business so I was up early on most days and out early! The good stuff: After 3 days the staff know who you are and really go out of their way to be helpful. This was especially nice when it came to breakfast as the cook remembered me and went out of her way to get my order just right! They also have a nice coy pond and are located close to a slew of great restaurants. My favorite was a Malaysian place where they sat you at a table with other people and after a few visits I really enjoyed my meals there! Lastly, great in door pool that was almost always vacant from 8 to 11 at night1

Room Tip: All suites, top floor reserved for smokers
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

First and foremost, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. As a Hilton Diamond Member who has averaged nearly 100 nights a year for 5 years running, I have seen it all. What pains me the most, is that the other reviews of this property are somewhat flattering. I will say I was greeted warmly by the front desk girl. She was very awesome. The atrium, and interior of the hotel was pleasant, with koi ponds and the like.

Knowing the Hilton properties are typically held to a higher standard, I frequently utilize Embassy Suites Brand. When I went into my room, it had an unusual odor. It wasn’t perfumy, or the carpet powder, but something different. After turning on the HVAC, it seemed to dissipate. I woke up very early, to a dry mouth/sore throat, and the odor was again in the room. I then was determined to locate this origin of the stench. I quickly noticed that behind the curtains, was essentially a huge Petri dish of mold. (See attached pictures) Needless to say, I notified management, I was told by the night auditor that the Daytime manager would be in @ 0630 hours. I requested that he/she call me. I was advised that I would be called. This has not happened, as of this review 14 hours later. Suffice it to say, I nearly fell over after taking a picture above the armoire. (see before and after I swiped with towel) It is a shame, that this hotel is in my opinion, is not maintained in a manner to promote cleanliness/health. I will NEVER return here. I did however, feel compelled to notify the Santa Clara Health Department, and the City of Milpitas Code Enforcement. It was that bad. Consider yourself warned. Keeping it real from the streets. GK

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank GerryKurl
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Mr. GerryKurl,
Let me first start by sincerely apologizing for this unfortunate experience. For the last six months, the hotel has been undergoing many projects and has spent over a million dollars to update the hotel and remedy any issues such as the one you experienced. Our staff has been diligent in inspecting rooms, however it seems that this particular room was somehow missed. Upon informing us of the condition of this room, our staff immediately completed the necessary measures to ensure this does not happen again. We have also doubled our efforts in inspecting rooms to ensure that all of our remaining suites area clean and comfortable. We feel confident that this is the case. While this was a very unfortunate situation, we value your input and thank you for your candid comments. Customer service and a quality product is our number one goal and while we did not reach that goal with your stay, we hope you will allow us another opportunity in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

After flying Virgin Atlantic from London i was keen to get to the hotel and relax and from the moment I hit the reception I was overwhelmed by how friendly, effective and eager to please the staff are - they sorted my ride to the mall for later that day, provided complimentary water, updated my Hilton account and generally took charge and got me to my room in no time.

Hotel gym is excellent with towels and water and is open most of the day - I also us the very clean good side pool which has changing and towels and even a Spa tub! I was meant to be on business but this was a pleasure. I have to single out the breakfast and the staff who make the amazing fresh omelettes in particular as the nicest, most polite service staff - sure they could do my job, it takes great skill to keep busy and often brisk business people happy - I hope these people get the credit they deserve but I know the senior managers must be equally decent and professional people to have such a motivated team.

Room huge and amazing, room service arrived late one night and guess what, they gave me it free as an apology - I was shocked and delighted!

Sad to leave and definitely will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Hotel is in an ideal location to reach multiple places. It is very beautiful, with a waterfall koi pond in common area. Hotel itself was clean, but housekeeping failed to get to our room before we were back at the end of our day. When I called the front desk, the gentleman seemed annoyed that I inquired as to when housekeeping would be there. He told me that they worked until 5p & they would be there eventually. We are Diamond with Hilton and this is unacceptable. We finally just put the trash & used towels outside the door & grabbed towels of the cart.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
9.5 km away
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
2.6 km away
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!