“Don't bother”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Eugene, Oregon
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The room had stains in the carpet and sofa. I had a hooker next door who entertained a client while I was there. The grounds are littered with trash and cigarette butts. From a distance, this place looks nice, and I've stayed at a Days Inn before and liked it, but I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: They say the 3rd floor rooms facing the pool are better for Wi-Fi signal.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UScardinal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Stay there couple weeks for a family business, like the area, hate to move to another hotel but have to deal with a bunch of rudest staffs I 've ever stayed in any hotel,
Take more than 2 hrs to do the room, did it halfway and left the room unfinished , came back 2 hrs to finish, when asked , the hotel manager said , it's their procedures to do the room , wow !!!!! never apologize at all, looks like we stayed there and beg for the services
Internet connection was horrible !!! hardly had a good connection
Breakfast was OK ! Room was clean, good area

Room Tip: stay away from rude management people
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joecooltoo

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Calumet, Michigan
Reviewed 22 April 2011

After reading the reviews I was a little afraid to stay here. Upon arrival, the staff was great all 7 days. The rooms were pretty big, dated but for the value a GREAT deal. The grounds were beautiful, breakfast was fine, location was great and easy to get to. I don't understand why this hotel has such bad reviews, its not bad at all.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This hotel is the most disgusting hotel on the planet! My room had sticky carpets, was filthy and dirty. The room smelled and when I asked for a different room they were booked. If I could have found a room somewhere else I would have abandoned my money to stay anywhere else. I would have been more comfortable in a bus terminal. The final caveate was the two dead rats next to my car when I left. DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Carumba747
Khao Lak
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This place is one of the filthiest places I've ever stayed. I spend about 100 days a year in hotels (my work has me on the road) and I booked this hotel via an online discount website. I didn't pay much, but I would rather have slept on the sidwalk than sleep in this place again.

I think the place has more trash and unkept grounds I've ever seen. The sidewalks are disgusting...maybe they should invest in a power washer. The front desk guy must hate his job (in a time of mass unemployment) and failed to welcome me and tell me about the breakfast (no big deal).

Don't be fooled by their website and prestine photos. This place is HORRIBLE. I think there are lots of Section 8 residents living there. You can tell since they keep their doors open and you can see they "moved in". Also, lots of beer drinkers and loud activity at night.

I propped up my coffee table under the door handle to keep strange intruders. A very shady part of town.

Stay away! Or bring your handgun for protection.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank johnnySF
Sf Bay Area
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I recently stayed at the Days Inn for business due to the cheap internet price. But, once I arrived I had to haggle with the front desk about my confirmation number. Finally after threatening to go else where and raising my voice about the BS going on, they gave me the internet price that i had a confirmation on.
BUT WAIT, It gets better I was walking from my room and this very young girl propostioned me. I asked her how old she was and she stated 18. I was shocked. I went to the lobby and no one was around to tell. I then came back from dinner and a different young lady approached me to have sex. I finally said whats going on here, are you with the other girl. This young lady then proceeded to tell me that alot of the Craigslist girls stay at this hotel.
I am thinking great, protitiutes and Guido the Killer Pimp is walking around. I checked out of the slum Days Inn the next morning and told the clerk, they didn't blink an eye.
Last time I am ever staying at a Days Inn no matter what the price is.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
28 Thank 1BaD69Z28
California
Reviewed 26 January 2009

I booked a room at the Milpitas Days Inn for December 4, 2008 and received confirmation by e-mail. I arrived at the Hotel at 5:00 pm and the lobby was clean and pleasant. I was the only customer in the lobby and the parking lot was empty. The staff could not find our reservation. I gave them our reservation number, and they said it was the wrong number. I opened my laptop in the lobby where there was wireless internet service, and showed the front desk person the e-mail with the reservation confirmation number. It was the same number. The hotel had a very good price for the room that I reserved, and even with the confirmation in writing, they refused to give me a room for that price. I called the 800 number for the hotel from my cell phone and the customer service person from the Days Inn said it was an invalid confirmation number. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he was not in. I then asked whether they had any rooms available and they said yes. I told them I had a service dog with me (as explained on the reservation) and they said I had to pay $50 more for the room because I had a pet. I explained that my service dog was not a pet, and showed them the documentation. They refused to rent me a room.
A few weeks later, there was a $74.79 charge on my credit card for my stay at the Days Inn! I called customer service again and they said they would look into it, but It would take 3 weeks to get a response. About four weeks later I received a form letter in the mail stating "We certainly do regret anything that may have caused you to contact our office. Please accept our apologies. You will be receiving compensation for your inconvenience." The next week, I received a check for the amount charged on my credit card.
I called customer service again, because I wanted my credit card
charge reversed instead of the check, because I incurred finance charges on the unpaid amount. They said they never reversed credit card charges, and the representative hung up on me. They only compensated me for the amount erroneously charged on my credit card. That was not compensation for my inconvenience. The whole encounter with Days Inn was frustrating and embarrassing because I was with a friend and the person at the front desk made me feel stupid and incompetent.
Days Inn pulled a bait and switch on their internet pricing and reservation, and tried to get me to rent a room for $124.00 a night instead of their internet special of $74.00 a night. I also was discriminated against because they refused to rent me a room with a service animal. My service dog was clean and extremely well behaved, but they did not know that because it was in the car while I tried to check into the hotel. I will not patronize Days Inn in the future.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — They refused to honor our reservation with the good price
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank californiaphyllis