Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
US$179
TripAdvisor
US$195
TripAdvisor
All reviewssan josewithin walking distanceparking lotnice hotelfast foodmccarthy ranchconvenient locationsilicon valleylevi stadiumhotel staffstaying at this hotelgreat place to staycoffee makershort driveomeletbusiness tripnice stay
Reviewed February 3, 2012

First of all, this is my first trip into Silicon Valley so I was excited. I was assigned by my company to stay at the Garden Inn and it was highly regarded by my collegues. From the start, things just went wrong. I checked in at the Front Desk by Julie. At first, it was fine until another guest or friend was at the desk then I was quickly ignored as her voice started to escalate, she felt the need to attend to this other person than to finish helping me. My overall check in took more than needed, a waste of 10+ minutes.
The room was nice and had a restful evening until the next day. I did not get my wake up call, which was ok because I also set up my cell. I did want to make sure I received one because I was headed back to the airport in the early morning. I went to the front desk, but I did not want to be assisted by Julie. I went to the other lady at the Front Desk, Mitzie and explained that I did not get my wake up call. She seemed taken aback and very defensive. I decided to just leave. The hotel itself is nice and convenient to our company Sandisk, but with overall experience with staff in the evening particularly with Julie and Mitzie, makes it not worth the buck and I prefer the drive to stay elsewhere. It is worth staying an extra 30-45 minutes away rather than waste time and given an attitude when clearly they feel bothered or annoyed.

1  Thank JSM1967
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We have stayed here a lot as a family and with our hockey team. Staff has always been friendly and very supportive . Very nice breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank i c
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is a great location if you're visiting the Cisco campus. It's very close, and they offer free shuttle service to / from Cisco and the airport. The service is great, especially Mark at the front desk, who also drives the shuttle. The hotel is a little dated and the elevators don't always work reliably. Oddly, the bathroom doors in the rooms are heavy metal and will not stay open. The breakfast is pretty good, offering freshly made omelets, eggs, etc., in addition to the standard continental items. Free Internet access, in-room coffee, fridge and microwave make this a great business hotel.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

The price is pretty high for the value of this hotel. Room is decent enough. Staff are friendly, but the place is dark and there is a very strong and unpleasant odor, most likely what they use to clean. Staying here for work, and they have a convenient shuttle, although I had to wait at least 45 minutes at the airport and it was cold!! This would not be where I would choose to stay at all..! Very over-priced..

1  Thank Judy B
Reviewed December 7, 2011

i stayed 3 nights, friday through sunday, in late oct at this hotel. a few days after i checked out, i found my bill had extra $62.90 charge. that gave me a negative impression on the hotel.

i made a complain to hilton. the next day, the hotel general manaer called me and apologized and returned the money. besides, she sincerely asked me to comment where they could improve. i told her the miscommunications causing the overcharge (frankly speaking, it was not completely the hotel's fault). i felt the hotel's sincerity to hlep customer solve problems or issues.

i was out of bay areas where i went to school there. i went back there from time to time. i told the hotel manager next time if i chose a hotel in bay area to stay, i would surely choose her hotel again. why? their sincere attitude and customer services make up any of their previous errors.

beginning from next year, i will stay more at hilton. this year, i stayed 150 nights at marriott, 70 at hilton. next year, i think 200 nights at hilton and zero or a little at marriott.

if you ask me why, please read my long posting (Spend 2 hours to write) that complain marriott's customer services. the point is: newport news marriott at city center has the worst staffs. they never listened to me and were not at all willing to listen to me. the first secind i spoke, they began to come up with various excuses to deny me and reject me, even if thyey could make up a false answer that was obviously wrong. so, their worst customer service made me feel disgusting about marriott.

hilton will again be my first choice next year. i earned hilton diamond status 2 years ago and merely maintained my diamond this year by staying 70 nights. after comparison, i found hilton had better customer services thanh marriott. hilton is wiling to listen to me and try to help me solve the issue, while marriott was trying every way they could to reject and deny me.

Room Tip: good customer service. i will surely stay there again when i am next to stay at bay area hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends