“The Cheesecake Factory was good”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Mission Viejo
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Met my cousin there who I haven't seen in 20+ years. I had never been to another cheesecake factory so I was excited! I cant believe they charge $3.50 for a cup of coffee! I felt it was a little over priced. It was good.

Date of visit: August 2018
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback, We're glad you had a great experience and enjoyed your reunion with your cousin. For your next visit perhaps you'd like to join us for Happy Hour for discounted food and drinks. We also have wonderful Small Plates and Snacks that are a great value for another time. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

My son decided that he wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory for his birthday--he said he loved the Macaroni and Cheese. Internally, I rolled my eyes and agreed to go. I really did not expect to like it.

We arrived at a location that had a lot of customers, were promptly seated at a table for six even though three of us, including the birthday boy, were late. Almost instantly our waiter, Danny, was there to take drink orders and offer bread and butter. "They'll be along soon, I'll just bring something to get you started," he said.

While we waited, I had the chance to look at the interior design. It's gorgeous--the architecture is worth commenting on, with sconces like those at the Biltmore in Phoenix, large glass panels looking toward the kitchen, and thoughtfully arranged tables so that you feel like you are almost alone in a crowded restaurant. Someone really did his or her homework on this design, and it added to the overall experience.

Our lates arrive, we ordered, and I was delighted at the quality of the food--I had meatloaf (a huge quantity) with decent mashed potatoes and super corn. My drink was kept filled at all times (frequently by a waiter other than ours spotting an empty glass and filling it). Service, needless to say, was excellent.

The menu is huge (and online). I really can't say enough good about this restaurant--I did not expect much. We got a ton. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank LagunaMike
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

We hope your son had a wonderful birthday! We're glad you enjoyed the service our team provided during this visit. Thanks for the feedback, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We always get great service here. The chicken marsala never disappoints. This time our waiter suggested the Chicken Riesling which was delicious. The Expresso Chocolate Cheese Cake was devine. Can't wait to go back! It's definitely worth it to valet park here too.

Date of visit: October 2017
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hi Johnnelle, thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the food and service you received during this visit! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

One of our favourites when we are in USA or any other country were they are.
Lots to choose from, low prices and even dough their cheesecakes are great I go there because of the food

Date of visit: August 2018
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Hi Håkan, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you enjoy our food! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I enjoy the combination steak dianne and salmon. It's a simple dish, with a small salmon on one side and the steak on the other, separated by mashed potato. It's possibly the best dish on the Cheesecake menu, but yesterday they really screwed up. The steak was overcooked (ordered very rare, and I really made a point of it being very rare) and the salmon was also overcooked (should be medium rare). The mashed potato was lumpy.
The server was busy and didn't come back to check in a timely manner. I ate the food since I was a guest and didn't want to complain in front of my host, but the meal was substandard. Cost was $22.95, a total waste of money.

Date of visit: July 2018
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Hi Pat, We are so sorry for the service that you received from us. We would have felt the same way as you did about this visit. Our service should have been much better and all of this could have been avoided if our team was more attentive. Please know that we will address this with our staff and hope you can give us another chance! Thank you for your feedback.