Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Agoda.com
Economy Inn(Modesto)
US$65
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskhi expresscinnamon rollselectrical outletscustomer service isbusiness tripacross the streetfree breakfasthousekeeping staffhome away from homea great staythe breakfast areacomfortable bedsyogurtdefinitely stay here againsausageup to date
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have stayed at this motel often in the past and always have been pleased with the facility and the service. Conveniently located adjacent to HWY 99. The afternoon reception is a real treat.
The rooms are up to date and attractive. And their hospitality is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HIESModesto, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear GritsIowa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It is nice hearing that you know you can trust that you will have an excellent experience every time you come to Modesto when you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Check in was fast/friendly/informative. Room was on first floor and very clean, and appointed, as was the entire property. Bed was very comfortable and outfitted with thick threaded cotton sheets, along with comfortable pillows. Although property is located adjacent to Hwy 99/Sisk Rd/Bangs Ave, you could not hear it from our room or inside the hotel. However, being on the first floor facing the parking lot we did hear repeated car startups, stops, trunks, doors, etc. Next time I will try for an upstairs room.
Breakfast was pretty normal continental fare, prepared eggs with cheese, meats, toasts, cereals, muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, fruits and juices, in large quantities and it was pretty good too.
My only complaint was that when we checked in we were told breakfast was served from 6am-11am. We showed up at the breakfast area at 9:55am and the hostess was just closing the door advising us breakfast stops at 10am. She let us inside and have breakfast but had we been one minute later we would have been out of luck. I am sure it was a simple misstatement by the check in person but I would think they would know their breakfast operation hours.
Other than that I would highly recommend this place if you need a place in the Modesto area. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms will be had if you get one upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hook026
HIESModesto, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Hook026,

Thank you for your thorough review of our property, it is great to not only hear the things you enjoyed, but the areas in which we can improve upon.

Our housekeeping and maintenance staff are very diligent and take great pride in keeping the entire property looking immaculate! In that same regard, our breakfast staff takes great care in making sure that a variety of amble breakfast items are available throughout breakfast.
I want to ensure you that we have undergone training with the front desk stressing the importance of providing accurate information at every check-in.

As far as the room request, please feel free to contact our front desk to make your reservation and you can request a higher floor at that time. We are always here to accommodate any need or request you might have and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Modesto!
Please, stop by the management office so that we might be able to thank you in person for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

My immediate and extended family spent 3 days 2 nights at mentioned location for a funeral. I would like to say that the hospitality and special service extended to us was much appreciated and well beyond "normal" expectations. Of particular note Nikki Hoffman; Director of Sales, defined the best in Customer Service for our family in time of grieving. Her understanding and go the extra mile should not only be noted but given consideration of what it is all about on providing a stay experience that wouldmake her a valuable asset in managing all Holiday Express inn the same.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
HIESModesto, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Gina,

Thank you for your touching review, I am glad I was able to help your family in their time of grief. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you, on better terms, the next time you come to Modesto, or when I make it back to Sparks.

I wish you the very best for the remainder of 2012. Please let me know if there is every anything I can do for you or your family in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Have to say Bonnie and Nikki were both just super nice and helpful to my family and I. They were so nice and geniune a very rare thing these days. I have stayed at a bunch of different hotels in my day for work. And this was great pleasure!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Eric,

I am pleased to see that Bonnie and I, as well as the rest of our staff, were able to make your stay such a pleasurable one. Our entire staff genuinely cares about our guests and we all strive to make sure each guest, and the level of customer service they receive, meets the high standards we have set for ourselves.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice room, comfy bed & good breakfast however 2 cars got broken into and items stolen. Park your car in front of hotel where it is most visible, not on the side of the hotel where there are no room windows. This happened the day after xmas! Hotel parking had big signs stating "hotel not responsible..." however we were informed that cars get broken into frequently. Be careful!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. Freeway nearby. Not end room because stairwell doors seem to slam shut.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family