All reviews olive garden shopping and restaurants ramada inn exercise room black beans pleasant stay room was clean free wifi convenient location stayed one night parking lot hot breakfast we've stayed scrambled eggs courtyard walmart freeway
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Today we arrived in Modesto. We were more than a little disappointed with the hotel. On arrival we were greeted with a hotel clearly undergoing a major refurb. Trip Adviser would seem to suggest this has been going on a while (2 yrs!) - why are ATI still using it? We were first put in a non smoking room which smelt heavily of smoke, surprisingly the smoke alarm was missing with just wires showing. We were eventually relocated after an hour to a refurbed room (so new, the wrapping was still on the lamp shade), but even in the new room one bedside light didn’t work and on the other you could pull out the fitment, not all the bedroom furniture was complete with one board left loosely against the wall.

All around the hotel there were issues with poorly fitted sockets, holes in walls, unfinished areas and areas boarded up. The area clearly isn’t safe in some areas - thankfully we had no children on the tour. The pool and outside areas were a construction site and out of bounds.

The hotel is situated in the middle of a retail park and there is no safe in the room and the hair dryer didn’t work (by the time a replacement was found our hair was dry).

We were treated to breakfast which was basic but fine but I take exception to eating out of polystyrene bowls, plastic plates and cutlery.

I am sure the hotel will be fine once complete but should not be used until fit for use.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

In general I like this hotel, but this was my least pleasant stay ever. The hotel has existed under several names over the past few years, and has been under construction for about two. Every time I go there it's more torn up. I wish they would have just left it alone. My most recent stay was the least pleasant.

Now they've torn out the perfectly good office/restaurant area and the courtyard, both of which were used to be rather pleasant. There is no landscaping. Sometimes there is noisy construction. The pool is not in use. The breakfast is much more minimal than formerly; they used to offer bacon, sausage, eggs plus all the other usual stuff. Now it's mostly cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The eating area is quite small.

I stayed here most recently in mid-July. After I checked in the Operations manager, Sim, followed me into the parking lot and said he'd give me an upgraded room in the newer part of the building in exchange for a review. I said okay, and went over to the newer part of the building. It smelled of new-carpet chemicals, had more modern furnishings, plenty of orange and brown stuff, and the ugliest carpet I've ever seen. The rug in the hall is dark and looks like The Swamp-Thing threw up on it. "Oh well," I thought, "they're under construction." Then I realized that this is the new rug and it's supposed to look this way. The advantage of this carpet is that if there's ever a flood, the appearance of the rug will not change. The window shade in the room did not work. There were LED lights, like small movable flashlights, built into the headboard. They look streamlined but would be a terrible for reading.

I didn't like the room and went back to the office and asked to be put back in the older part of the building, which I like just fine. No chemical smell, more cheerful decor, better lamps. Sim asked how I liked the newer room. When I told him, he spent awhile explaining how it's all the latest thing and therefore better. I was tired from travelling and really just wanted to be alone. I was happy once I got in my preferred older room.

Then Sim came to my room and kindly told me he would instruct Hotels.com to give me a $30 credit to compensate for the inconvenience of changing rooms . This would bring the cost of the room from $97 to $67 plus tax. I thanked him gratefully and waited while he explained some more how modern and state-of-the-art the hotel will be someday.

No credit was issued from Hotels.com, however, so this is my honest review. The hotel was clean, I liked my room, the beds are pretty comfortable, and all the people who worked there (including Sim) were pleasant and helpful. I think $97 was too much to pay, given the current state of things. I see it's now listed for $76. That's a more reasonable price.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SettleInnMod, General Manager at Modesto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Janet,

First and foremost allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire staff for failing to meet your expectations during your most recent stay!

Our property was very beautiful with lots of charisma and character prior to our meticulously planned renovation project, but do to having to conform with the latest demands and changes in the industry we had to finally update our property and we are doing so with the most up to date modern furnishings, amenities, and color schemes to ensure every guest needs are met during their visits with us.

We truly apologize for the occurrences that took place and can assure you this is an isolated event that will absolutely be addressed with all of our departments, we do not condone bribery in exchange for feedback as we firmly believe that our guests honest feedback allows us an insight into where and how we can improve our product and our service.

Please contact me directly to ensure we get this rectified immediately for you.

With Apologies,

Reviewed July 1, 2018

It was a little worrisome when we drove up, major reconstruction in progress as they change from being a franchise. However the beds were very comfortable, the room clean and it was quiet. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ModestoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Modesto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Jim,

First and foremost, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see where improving is needed. We can understand you being skeptical, but the renovation is very needed to ensure we provide our guests a state of the art property. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Modesto area you will allow us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to San Fran after a day at Yosemite.
Found it easily and it was within easy reach of various restraunts etc.
On entering the hotel we were met with a huge sign saying apologies for the dust. Yep when you enter the place it reeks of dust.
Check in was ok. Found the room and whilst dated it was acceptable. The rest of the hotel however is completely unacceptable. Dusty, open to the elements where building work is taking place. The courtyard and swimming pool are shocking - debris everywhere. The morning breakfast was a cold grab and go affair no hot breakfast. The toaster fused the electrics if you used two slots at once. In my view whilst the rooms were ok the rest of the Hotel should be closed down during refurbishment. Rather expensive for the service given.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
ModestoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Modesto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us determine where improvement is necessary. We have meticulously planned this renovation project to ensure minimal guest disturbances. While our breakfast must be grab and go due to City mandates, please know once our property has reached completion of its project, that will significantly change as we are aware that this is the most important part of the day for our travelers. The renovation project will address all concerns expressed and will provide every guest a property like no other seen in our area. We are added many other facilities such as a restaurant bar, terraces, etc. We hope you will provide us another opportunity in the future to provide you a superior service. Should there be anything further we may be of assistance with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2018

After a 12 hour flight we decided to stop off in modesto to break up the drive to yosemite. we stayed one night in this ramada modesto and it was fine. yeah its a bit of a building site at the moment but it was fine to just crash out for 1 night.
interior is a bit dated (think 70's) but room was actually a large size and really clean. There is a fridge in the room where we put some supplies that we picked up in the walmart 100 yards away.
Theres an in and out burger next door which hit the spot after some so-so plane food.
The bed was actually really comfy and we actually had a great nights sleep.
It likes a lot of roadside hotels. perfect to rest the head without spending too much cash

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mickey,

We appreciate your feedback! Our hotel although beautiful was a bit dated which is why the renovation project commenced in order to remain competitive and offer our guests a property that will be like no other in the Modesto area...sleek, modern, with many added amenities and facilities. We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Modesto area you will allow us another opportunity to provide you a stellar service in our newly revamped property!!

Best,