“The Amazing Food Makes Up for Service ”

Vito’s Ristorante
Ranked #281 of 505 Restaurants in Modesto
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: authentic Italian and American cusine
Description: authentic Italian and American cusine
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My co-worker and I hit up Vito's for lunch one day due to winning a free meal for 2. We decided to go at around 1pm in hopes of missing the lunch crowd. We get there and it takes at least 5mins to be seated, which is fine, but it did not feel that busy. We sit down ad it takes some time for the waitress to take our order (though the hostess did get our drinks). Everything was going in lax, slow motion, I know most people only get roughly 1hr for lunch, so I was confused. When the waitress finally came, it was at that time I found out I had to request the gluten free menu (not sure why it was not offered). I do LOVE the fact that they offer healthier options!!

I could go on, and continue to tell you how slow it was (we were there at least an hour and a half), but instead I will get to the good part, the food (because let's face it, they could have been having a bad day).

The food was amazing! I opted for the gluten free pasta, with grilled chicken and a spicy tomato sauce. The pasta was actually stringed Zucchini, and it was phenomenal. If I did not know I was eating just zucchini I would not have been able to tell. The pasta sauce was perfect for my liking, and the chicken was so good!!! They killed it on the food!! My friend got a lunch sandwich, which se also very much enjoyed!! The portions were huge, it was worth the wait!!

The food is def the reason I will be going back. I am hoping it was just a fluke, but I might think twice about trying it for lunch again, maybe this is best as dinner, when I am not on a schedule.

Bottom line, go, try it!!

There are newer reviews for Vito’s Ristorante

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in town with a school group I coach and on our last night, the kids all expressed that they were dying for some good Italian. Off to Yelp I went and Vito's fit the bill.

We were seated quickly, which was great. The staff was incredibly accommodating of our request for seven separate checks, plus all the ridiculous orders of the kids (thanks for making a bunch of Roy Rogers and Shirley Temples for us!).

The restaurant itself is nicely laid out. A little basic, but clean and well enough appointed.

The bread that they bring out is fantastic and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Nice and warm, flavorful, and a great little starter. Our salads were also fantastic.

I ended up settling on the carbonara which was good, although I think it could have used a hit of a little more spice. That said, I'm Italian and my family all came here by way of slow boat from the old country, so I'm a little finicky when it comes to Italian grub. My point is: the carbonara wasn't bad, just a little bland. The rest of the group seemed to really enjoy their food though.

The biggest gripe came from a few of the students who ordered desert to go. One got a piece of chocolate cake. . . which had a big thumb print on the top. The other student got the flourless cake. . . which was a tiny little hockey puck of a thing (and something like $10).

This place is a solid choice. They definitely have a lot of room to grow and improve, but it's certainly not a place to avoid.

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

After only been in the States for 4 days we are sick of burgers & fast food. We came across this place and was refreshing to have what we call proper, decent food. It was tasty, well presented and reasonable budget. Would definitely recommend Vito's to anyone passing through Modesto as we were

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We ate here on a thursday night. Very good service. Food was only OK. Ambience is OK. The tomato that came with my salad was dried out and looked like it had been sliced several hours before. Our entree of angel hair pasta with garlic, oil and tomatoes was good but the portion size was small. Price of entree was high for the amount of pasta that we got.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I ate here recently for the first time with about six co-workers who were celebrating my birthday. The restaurant is fairly large inside with ample seating including a bar area. We all ordered something different and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had a difficult time deciding as there are many good offerings on the menu but ended up ordering the Pasta Puttanesca which was prepared with tomatoes, olives, dried tomatoes and rosemary. It was a very tasty dish. Two of my co-workers had salads which looked well prepared and two had the raviolis. Another co-worker had a chicken sandwich which she liked, but she said they left off a few items on the sandwich that were listed on the menu. My lunch came with a salad that was quite large with fresh greens and a good dressing. The bread is tasty and has a lovely garlic aroma which is nice on the table. The bread comes with olive oil and balsamic for dipping. Our waitress was excellent, very professional and attentive. I plan to come back to Vito's in the future due to my favorable experience here. I would recommend this restaurant for a great Italian meal with pleasant atmosphere!

Been to Vito’s Ristorante? Share your experiences!