“Turned Away”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: authentic Italian and American cusine
Description: authentic Italian and American cusine
Reviewed 18 December 2014

My husband and I wanted to give Vito's a try so we called to make sure they have gnocchi and to confirm that they were open at 2 pm. Spoke to a very nice and knowledgeable gal who assured us the gnocchi was great. We drove the half hour to town and when we got there the kitchen was closed. Apparently the chef had to go get his kids. Not a great first and last impression.

1  Thank Lorrie C

Reviewed 11 October 2014

I enjoy going to Vito's Ristorante very much :-)

Whether I'm going with a few friends for a nice dinner, or need some down to just unwind going there is a nice treat for myself as well.

the key things I look for when going to a nice dinner at a restaurant, are ambiance, great service, friendly staff and DELICIOUS food. these things are very important because it will be what determines if I will ever go back again. I have been places where the food was good but the service was horrible and I will not go back. the ENTIRE experience is what makes it a great place or not, it is not just the food. If that were the case I would just order all my food anywhere I go as tak out all the time. :-) you always need that nice place to just get away and enjoy.

I network quite a bit especially with the work that I do. many will ask my opinion on places to go so my credibility does count for something and I will be first the tell them what I have experienced good or bad.

the ambiance at Vito's is wonderful, service is great, the staff is always smiling, very friendly and the food is DELICIOUS. so that checks off everything on my list and which is why I continue to go back often.

I follow a very low carb diet and because they have such a variety I'm not limited to eating only a few things. their steaks are delicious, tender and juicy. (i enjoy the whiskey peppercorn cream sauce on my steak - it is yum!) the salads and veggies are very tasty and when I want just a light appetizer that is filling - I enjoy the side of meatballs.

on the days I decide to not follow the low - carb I go for the pasta of course! on my birthday I recently had the Vito's signature Penne Pasena - it was so good that I finished my plate :-) if you like italiian sausage, with a touch of garlic basil, tomatoes in a nice cream - this
is the pasta of choice.

for dessert cause we can't forget that - it's the best part lol. the cheescake is definitely the way to go - you can't go wrong! however my favorite dessert ever is Tiramisu - one world yummyLICIOUS!

I definitely recommend Vito's for a nice place to go for lunch, dinner out with friends or even for a nice cozy date with that special someone.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

We were very displeased with Vito's because we had purchased an on-line gift certificate that stated (never expires) through restaurant.com. It's value was $25.00 when you spend at least $35.00. Plus they add on 18% gratuity. Vito's would only honor the gift certificate for $10.00 because they said the gift certificate was purchased before the restaurant changed ownership. I just feel it was bad customer service. By the way...they still added 18% gratuity, even though they did not honor the full amount of the "never expires" gift certificate. We will not be going back....

1  Thank Jean W
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My co-worker and I hit up Vito's for lunch one day due to winning a free meal for 2. We decided to go at around 1pm in hopes of missing the lunch crowd. We get there and it takes at least 5mins to be seated, which is fine, but it did not feel that busy. We sit down ad it takes some time for the waitress to take our order (though the hostess did get our drinks). Everything was going in lax, slow motion, I know most people only get roughly 1hr for lunch, so I was confused. When the waitress finally came, it was at that time I found out I had to request the gluten free menu (not sure why it was not offered). I do LOVE the fact that they offer healthier options!!

I could go on, and continue to tell you how slow it was (we were there at least an hour and a half), but instead I will get to the good part, the food (because let's face it, they could have been having a bad day).

The food was amazing! I opted for the gluten free pasta, with grilled chicken and a spicy tomato sauce. The pasta was actually stringed Zucchini, and it was phenomenal. If I did not know I was eating just zucchini I would not have been able to tell. The pasta sauce was perfect for my liking, and the chicken was so good!!! They killed it on the food!! My friend got a lunch sandwich, which se also very much enjoyed!! The portions were huge, it was worth the wait!!

The food is def the reason I will be going back. I am hoping it was just a fluke, but I might think twice about trying it for lunch again, maybe this is best as dinner, when I am not on a schedule.

Bottom line, go, try it!!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in town with a school group I coach and on our last night, the kids all expressed that they were dying for some good Italian. Off to Yelp I went and Vito's fit the bill.

We were seated quickly, which was great. The staff was incredibly accommodating of our request for seven separate checks, plus all the ridiculous orders of the kids (thanks for making a bunch of Roy Rogers and Shirley Temples for us!).

The restaurant itself is nicely laid out. A little basic, but clean and well enough appointed.

The bread that they bring out is fantastic and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Nice and warm, flavorful, and a great little starter. Our salads were also fantastic.

I ended up settling on the carbonara which was good, although I think it could have used a hit of a little more spice. That said, I'm Italian and my family all came here by way of slow boat from the old country, so I'm a little finicky when it comes to Italian grub. My point is: the carbonara wasn't bad, just a little bland. The rest of the group seemed to really enjoy their food though.

The biggest gripe came from a few of the students who ordered desert to go. One got a piece of chocolate cake. . . which had a big thumb print on the top. The other student got the flourless cake. . . which was a tiny little hockey puck of a thing (and something like $10).

This place is a solid choice. They definitely have a lot of room to grow and improve, but it's certainly not a place to avoid.