US$105
ExtendedStay
US$159
US$143
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Oak Tree Inn(Monrovia)
US$94
US$80
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Oak Park Motel(Monrovia)
US$179
US$130
US$119
Hampton.com
All reviewsdouble treeclaim jumperwarm cookiesrose bowlpool areanice hotelgreat place to staybusiness tripenjoyed my stayfire piteasy accessconvenient locationlos angelesfree parkingpasadenafreewayacadia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

A friend booked this hotelfor us, so it was great that we didn't pay! The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, they even printed out directions for us (that's cuz we couldn't find an address because their internet didn't work pretty much the whole time we were there!), and breakfast was WONDERFul (of course you buy that seperatly). But for what we saw, we normally stay at a best western plus, that is a lot cheaper and comes with breakfast, and we like those a wholelot better.First off, we requested a fridge, it was hardly cold at all!Barely worked although it was set to the coldest setting, and way small. Also the tile in the bathroom had a lot of hard water suds in the shower (there is no bath). The curtains did not even cover the windows,and to top off all that we were stuck by the elevator which is EXTREMLY loud!! DIdn't seem so loud until we went to sleep, but it ran until about 3 am, then started back at 6am! Beds were low like other reviews said, and when I woke up my back hurt from them. We did however, have plenty of space. The garbage cans had no bags in them (not great while travenling with a baby), and the lighting was soooooooo dim! I was not a fan.. However the lights by the beds were reading lights and i really liked those. So overall, was an okay stay, mostly say that because of the friendly staff and the room was nice and pretty clean except the shower. However, with the other issues, would not stay again. But if you stay just request far from the elevator!!!

Room Tip: away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear mmrat,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you were able to experience our warm DoubleTree hospitality and that you found all our staff to be friendly and helpful. I apologize that the refrigerator in your room was not working well during your stay. If you ever experience issues in the future, please call our front desk and we’d be happy to have maintenance fix the issue or bring another one up. I also appreciate you bringing the hard water suds in the bathroom to my attention. We make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards so I will be sure to talk with our team about this. We hope to see you return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here at the doubletree. The room was comfortable and the service was great. The location is handy to shops, cafes and restaurants - all close enough to walk to. Breakfast was included in the room rate and they also offered a custom breakfast order - so you can order eggs or omelette any way you want.

There's a gym there which had weights and treadmill and the pool looked inviting.

Most importantly the mattress and pillows were very comfortable. Staff were friendly too. Overall had a very comfortable stay. Oh and btw your dog can stay too! Saw quite a few over the memorial day long weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear OzzyJ,

Thank you for the gracious review and for spending Memorial Day weekend at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our staff took such good care of you and that you had a restful night’s sleep on our comfortable Sweet Dreams beds. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our made to order breakfast, I will be sure to share your comments with our chef. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with my family for 4 nights. Nice clean big rooms. Free parking and free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2012
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear arvinulim,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the complimentary parking and wi-fi were to your liking. We hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am a fairly easy going guy, that does a bit of traveling, and I've never had an expierence that warranted complaining unitl now. DoubleTree Monrovia, let's count the ways you were bad.

1. Bedbugs. 3rd Floor bedbugs. GROSS. I had 8 bites the first night.

2. Rude Front Desk Staff. 4 trips to the front desk, and only one of them pleasant. On Check-in the front desk person did not correctly activate my room card, and then asked me questions such as: Are you sure you put it in right? Do you know how to use a room card? That's the plan? Get real! You made a mistake, just give me a room card.

3. Bad design. The rooms have low furniture (including an uncomfortable bed) and a desk that is useless. The desk is 18" wide, but has a TV bolted to the wall on top if it. This made working in my room a delight. There is also no door to the restroom. That's a bad plan if you are not traveling by yourself.

4. They allow dogs (or at least don't kick out customers with yapping dogs). If I wanted to hear a dog bark all night, I would buy a yappy dog.
The only redeeming quality this hotel has is that breakfast is decent. That's it.

$169 a night for a terrible stay is atrocious.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Jon B
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel for a business trip at the doubletree. The hotel was just an average hotel. When I arrived they assigned me a room on the 6th floor. When I went to check into the room it turned out someone had already occupied and room. The front desk immediately corrected the issue and put me in another room. The room was very spacious and I had a beautiful view of the california sunset out of my window. The bed was very low to the ground and a couple of times slammed my knees into the ground when getting out of bed. The room stay included a hot breakfast every morning. The staff was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. Overall the stay was just okay. Just like a normal hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Trvlchic5,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our hotel staff took such good care of you and that you enjoyed the view from your guestroom. I apologize for the mix up with your original room assignment and will speak to our front desk team to ensure this does not happen in the future. We hope to see you return again soon – we’ll have a warm DoubleTree cookie waiting for you.