We just got back from a long week end trip to Monterey during the Easter and I got a great deal on this hotel by naming my price at priceline. I was naturally thrilled because I know how nice this chain is but then after reading all the reviews, I was very scared especially the reviews that involved cleanliness and outdated furniture. I tried to cancel the deal with priceline but it didnt work so I called the hotel to inquire. I was very upset and the Front Desk Manager Jamie was very nice and reassured me that the hotel is up the Regency Hyatt Standards. I calmed down and convinced myself that it cant be bad, thinking that the hotel will be empty due to the bad reviews...boys was I wrong, it was full! the place is huge and it is spread over 22 acres. the lobby is wonderful were they were serving lemonade. check in was easy and we drove to our room..the suspense is high, my stomach is sick..and we go inside the room...to my surprise a modern large room with a very nicely renovated bathroom. complementary bottles of water on the desk, a coffee maker in one of the drawers and a fridge (very essential when you have a toddler and need to store the milk. the room is overlooking the parking lot but is is not a big deal for us. the hotel is around 10 min away from the aquarium which is ok. my only wish is that they had slippers and bathrobes. It is a good deal after all. the rooms and lobby were just like the ones in the professional pictures. I dont know if all the hotel is renovated but I am sure happy that I landed in one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca