“Wonderful Hotel! Beautiful place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Abrego

Hotel Abrego
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Wonderful Hotel! Beautiful place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I would love to stay in this hotel again. Reminded me of hotels where I had stayed in Italy. Beautifully done, more like a boutique hotel. Very reasonably priced (a shock!) and even found a discount by shopping on line. Staff was glad to fulfill my requests for room type. Deluxe king rooms were large and had gas fireplaces and great bathrooms, one with a big walk-in tile shower. The other had a tub and that room had a walk-out balcony. We enjoyed the made-to-order omelets, etc. at breakfast each morning--quick and an excellent value at $10. Also got great tips from staff on best restaurants in Monterey. Would go back to this beautiful, romantic hotel any time I was in the area.

Room Tip: Delux king room had fireplace and beautiful bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lucybrown000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Hotel is nice and clean. Room is pleasant and quiet with good wireless reception.

• Stayed March 2012
Downey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I am a mom who travels with her 10 year old little girl so I really search for a decent place. I decided to give this a shot since I saw the other reviews.

I am a very satisfied client.

I stayed in a room with one queen bed.
The room was perfect size for us but if you have a large party to fit in one room you may want to ask for one of their larger rooms. If it's a party of 2 or three and you're pretty good here. It's about a 5 min drive to the aquarium or the wharf. I used Yelp to find good eats and WOW 2-3 mins to some good stuff.

The layout of the hotel is different sort of apartment style. They had three floors in the building I stayed in (the cheapest :). I walked downstairs and my room was right there. There's a CLEAN coin laundry mat in case you'd like to stay for a few days and needs to wash. I didn't use it but checked it out for a future extended stay.

The deco was new and it had a window length sofa where my daughter could play on the computer or relax. The bed was nice and comfy not too hard or soft. I asked for more pillows and blankets and the kind gentleman brought them in less than 5 mins at 11pm with a smile. The TV was updated, cute mini fridge and great coffee for the coffee pot. No desk but did have an end table we used to eat. It had TWO SINKS one inside the restroom and one outside and a TWO large full length mirrors so we could both brush our teeth and hair. They have pretty good toiletries in case you forget yours. The restroom was standard size.

If you are thinking about staying at a larger hotel because you're afraid of what you'll get at other places try this quaint boutique hotel with fair prices and an awesome stay. The next time I'm in Monterey this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: If you have a tons of luggage (which I didn't) you may want to ask for a room on the level floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Normah29
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Location was great, staff were friendly and the room was nice..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Sunnyvale, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Abrego for one night. The reception/staff was very friendly and accommodating, and we were greeted with a smile. The grounds were well groomed. The room was very clean, comfortable and excellent size for the price. The beds were extremely comfortable. Enjoyed the wide screen TV, and there was a refrigerator which is always nice to have. The bathroom was clean and good size with nice fluffy towels. Except for hearing the people above us walking around and hearing the pipes when they showered, we give the hotel very high marks. Will definitely request a room on the top floor next time. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but the price for the breakfast buffet was very reasonable. Hotel is an excellent value and choice for Monterey.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor because you can hear people walking around above you and hear the wa...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OnTheGoSunnyvale_CA
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I like the Abrego, the rooms are clean, new, and comfortable. The front desk people were nice. My son especially love the wide screen tv, huge bathroom, and chaise lounge to call his own. Best hotel out of three that I used in montery.

• Stayed March 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed here during the off-season (mid-February) when Monterey was devoid of tourists. The property is as has been described by other posts: newly renovated and clean. Fresh fruits in a big bowl in the lobby.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a fire place in the main building. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom spacious. We didn't use the fireplace because it was an unseasonably warm week. There is a coffee/tea maker in the room and a small refrigerator which came in handy as we were traveling with a toddler. We asked for a travel crib at check in, it arrived within 10 minutes and was in tip-top condition. They also provided us with a microwave (to heat milk) for the duration of our stay.
The walls were a bit thin and we could hear the kids next door bouncing on the bed, but they settled down by 8pm so it wasn't a big deal.
Location is far from the aquarium (not walkable) but in a nice part of Monterey convenient to shopping and groceries and within walking distance to the Dennis the Menace park. There is a large mall 2 minutes away (lots of restaurant choices), a Trader Joe's 1.5 blocks away, and a street market (fresh fruits, local farm produce) on Tuesday afternoons/evenings about 2 block away. Public library is also 2 or so blocks away.
We ended up extending our trip an extra day to enjoy the ambience of the town. The front desk clerks on the 1st and 2nd days were wonderful - very helpful and friendly; a different lady was there on our last day, unfortunately she was quite arrogant and snarky.
Compared to the other hotels in Monterey we felt that we got great value for our money.

Room Tip: Photos on their website are from rooms in the main building (fully renovated rooms & bathrooms).
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family