“Do Not Book This Hotel”
Review of Del Monte Pines

Del Monte Pines
Ranked #9 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I am writing this review as a warning to those even thinking about booking this hotel. The owner/manger is rude, dishonest, and unethical. I booked a room informing the hotel in writing through the booking site that I required a first floor room as an injury prevented me from climbing the stairs. I also informed the hotel the expected hour of my late arrival in the evening. When I arrived, I was informed that I shouldn't use the booking site to communicate with the hotel and they didn't know I was arriving late (a responsive email to the booking site from the hotel did confirm however that the message had been received.) I was also informed that my "request" for a first floor room was just a "request," they aren't required to fulfill a request, and there were no first floor rooms available. Luckily, I found a first floor room at another nearby hotel.
The owner/manager has now gone back on his word that the cost of the room would be refunded if the booking site agreed not to charge him.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We prebooked two hotelrooms for one night. They charged us the price for three rooms! We paid 1/3 more than the reservation we prebooked.
The location was nice, and it could be a really nice motel with some upgrades. But the motelroom we had was dirty, and the shower was really really dirty...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Check in was horrible. Could not find my reservation, even with my ID. He said my name over and over, but it took him 5 minutes to locate. There aren't that many rooms!! Asked for a noon check out, but they refused. We are running a half marathon in the morning and now may not get to shower. Guy was rude. Said if we go a minute over 11 they will charge another day. Now we are in the room listening to the people stomp around above us. Furniture is worn. Room feels drab. I screwed up our original reservation at Mariposa and got this one last minute. I am paying for it in more ways than one.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Dated , stains on bedding, hole in bath which had been filled with some pink filler, microwave , fridge , no tea or coffee making facilities , uneven floor, stains on carpets . No option to check in early or leave luggage . Manager friendly, close to shopping centre and 5 min drive to wharf or 30 min walk.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gina J
Reviewed 4 August 2016

On the plus side the bed was comfortable.Meagre breakfast of 1/4 muffins with the worst coffee we have ever tasted. The pillows were lumpy & the plumbing noisy all night. TV didn't work. My advice...look elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzy H
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We arrived on time the place was in a well traveled and safe location. Check in was smooth. The exterior hallways were carpeted and dirty. The room carpet was loose and spotted. The bed ok, but the pillows were ROCK HARD! The rooms water supply kept going off all night like a gusher releasing pressure. Yes we only paid 89.00 for the night, but my goodness why such clumpy rooms in such a nice part of Monterey? A bit of paint where the wear and tear is and some decent carpeting along with ok pillows would make this place shine. The pics they put up on the website are deceptive. When we asked for the coffee pot which is stated in the booking info, we were told that the website was outdated and they no longer provide them in each room. Good thing the bed was still a room benefit...won't go back there!

Room Tip: Stay away until they clean the place proper. Dirty!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goosefarm
Reviewed 15 June 2016

but it went downhill quickly.

The good: Check in was easy. The room while old was clean and the bathroom area had recently been updated.

The bad: The wall are paper thin. There were very noisy guests in the hotel who woke us up at 3:30 am. We picked up the phone to call the front desk and no dial tone. Checked the cord and saw that it was unplugged so we plugged it back in....still no dial tone. Used our cell phone to call the front desk to complain....no answer. We simply had to suffer through the noise for almost an hour before they got quiet.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterey
0.6 km away
0.3 km away
Monterey Surf Inn
Monterey Surf Inn
#42 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Del Monte Pines? Share your experiences!