See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 8, 2018

I booked this room for my son with his credit card because he was strained, the rep (CJ) told my son that he could not stay because he did not have his credit card, the room was already pre-paid, there other form of payments are paypal & gift card. He then told my son I had to write a letter stating that I purchase the room and email them proof of the CC, which was my son CC, I did this for him and he then told my son that he could not rent the room through 3rd party billing.. WTH, why use internet booking then when he already showed you proof of who he was. I called the hotel directly and explain to CJ, he then said in his broke English--"I not do 3rd party billing" and hung up the phone. WHAT?? so he now has a picture of my son CC and a note, which means he may use the CC for fraud.. This is there email pinereserv@gmail.com I would never recommend anyone staying there, save your money unless you want fraudulent charges on your CC

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Catina L
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was skeptical, but it wasn't too bad! It was clean and we slept well, so comfortable. Close to the touristy things. Quaint on the outside and the furnishings on the inside were quaint too. Needs a little repainting, but overall it was just fine for us for one night. And the guy at the front desk was hospitable and accommodating

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cabolovr
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I am writing this review as a warning to those even thinking about booking this hotel. The owner/manger is rude, dishonest, and unethical. I booked a room informing the hotel in writing through the booking site that I required a first floor room as an injury prevented me from climbing the stairs. I also informed the hotel the expected hour of my late arrival in the evening. When I arrived, I was informed that I shouldn't use the booking site to communicate with the hotel and they didn't know I was arriving late (a responsive email to the booking site from the hotel did confirm however that the message had been received.) I was also informed that my "request" for a first floor room was just a "request," they aren't required to fulfill a request, and there were no first floor rooms available. Luckily, I found a first floor room at another nearby hotel.
The owner/manager has now gone back on his word that the cost of the room would be refunded if the booking site agreed not to charge him.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2017

We prebooked two hotelrooms for one night. They charged us the price for three rooms! We paid 1/3 more than the reservation we prebooked.
The location was nice, and it could be a really nice motel with some upgrades. But the motelroom we had was dirty, and the shower was really really dirty...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

Check in was horrible. Could not find my reservation, even with my ID. He said my name over and over, but it took him 5 minutes to locate. There aren't that many rooms!! Asked for a noon check out, but they refused. We are running a half marathon in the morning and now may not get to shower. Guy was rude. Said if we go a minute over 11 they will charge another day. Now we are in the room listening to the people stomp around above us. Furniture is worn. Room feels drab. I screwed up our original reservation at Mariposa and got this one last minute. I am paying for it in more ways than one.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple