Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$269
Great 4.5/5
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Monterey Downtown(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$94
Colton Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
Orbitz.com
Very Good 4/5
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
US$179
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$114
Monterey Hotel(Monterey)
US$149
US$140
  • Breakfast included
1,162 results
All reviewsocean viewbeach accesssound of the waveshotel restaurantcannery rowjoaquinsmoresfreewayseasidepitsbaycoastwharfcaliforniaaquariumfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was advertised as completely tenovated. We anticipated great things with joi de Vie property. Highly disappointed with quality and service. Bathrooms were not renovated. Door locks didn’t work. Mildew smell in room - we left two days early it was so terrible.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sal A, General Manager at Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Bodhidog,

I both regret and am disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. I apologize.

Should your travels bring you back to Monterey, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location was beautiful and hotel is convenient to other attractions. However room was noisey with a very loud mechanical sound (like something was cutting off and and on) kept occurring throughout entire stay. Made it difficult to sleep. Also understood other reviews that mention that patio area right outside ocentfront room was loud when other guests were talking and gathered just five feet from our door.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kbaker962050,

Thank you for your candid comments. I shall share them with the Team. We are in the process of replacing the AC units.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

amazing view and wonderful location. full of children, but it was spring break! not very couple friendly at this time. Hotel a little tired outside, clean and welcoming inside. staff pleasant. room serviceable

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Fgaske103154,

Thank you for your feedback. I shall share it with our Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The worst customer service and management. It started with waiting at least 15 min to check-in. Always a line to talk to front desk, therefore need more staff! Due to long check in we got to bar 5 min till happy hour was over, they were out of mint for mojito so my husband came to ask me what else I'd want. When he returned happy hour was over and back to full price. You would think they would honor Happy hour prices since they were out of product. No hair dryer in room. The worse thing that happened when we returned to our room after a day out, the house keeping left our door open!! The doors don't close well- you have to pull hard to lock. Well apparently the housekeeping is unaware of this. Our belonging we insecure the entire day! Then I call the front desk to complain and they don't answer the phone! Literally I called for 10 min. I walk up to desk and ask if she heard he phone ring? Brittany's response was" yes but I was busy."

Room Tip: Stay at Embassy suites down the street
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank D S

Dear D S,

I apologize that we did not provide the service you should have received.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit with me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Probably would not stay here again due to lack of room readiness, lack of room cleaning while we were gone ridiculous 6o dollar charge to stay per night for room service which should be left to the guest

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ize322,

I apologize for your disappointing experience. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Monterey.