“Comfort and quality at affordable prices!!”

Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium
Ranked #47 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I decided to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Monterey Peninsula in Central California. What I didn't know was that everything on my 'to do' list was expensive (food, aquarium etc...). I did a search through 'booking.com' and found the 'Days Inn Monterey Fisherman's Wharf' at a rate that was so affordable that I had to assume there was a 'catch' (no pun intended)!
As it turned out, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was ALWAYS available and went beyond my expectations to make sure I had everything I needed and the location was within 2 minutes walking distance from the Del Monte Shopping Center (the only shopping center on the Monterey Peninsula!!) and the continental breakfast was constantly refreshed so I only needed to figure out where to go for a really nice dinner!
In the end, I saved enough money to see everything on my 'to do' list and ate some of best seafood I have ever had!!
The Days Inn Monterey at Fisherman's Wharf was clean and comfortable at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank eli_199226
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I decided to get away for the weekend and book a jacuzzi suite with fireplace. Nice large room....jacuzzi was big enough for 2 and fireplace was a nice touch. Check in process was good, continental breakfast was good as I didn't need to drive anywhere to grab breakfast. Shopping right across the street...any girl's wish!

Only downfalls were the heater next to my bed was noisy. I had it up to 80" and it was blowing 70" air. I checked the thermostat to make sure it was set properly and it was on HEAT. The walls are also thin. Had I not had the heater running all night, I could hear the neighbor's tv as I heard it walking into my room.

Overall I would visit again as the property is clean and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Book the jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorraine R
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We,my wife , daughter,grandson , son in law and myself stayed there March 2011, what a great hotel, front desk had a great welcome, maybe because we were Irish, the staff were so friendly and helpful, the rooms were warm , clean and roomy, wifi in all rooms for free, the hotel was so centreal for Monterey , a great choice of restaurants to choose from, also staff very friendly, plenty of room in car park , over all the hotel was great, would recommend this hotel, will def return to Days Inn next time in Monterey.

Room Tip: Can't really , all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PatrickLeader
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel (motel) did not live up to the photos on line or our expectations of a clean, updated room.
At first, the hair dryer did not work and needed to be replaced. The heater was very noisy.
The continental breakfast was served in the front office and did not have a very good selection.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank suncity650
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The hotel is basic but room was of good size and clean. Breakfast was good and it is close to Fisherman's Wharf so there is a good selection of reasonably priced restaurants to choose from. Room had a Fridge, Hairdryer, Microwave and coffee maker but no teabags for the English, Australian, Asian visitors, they only cater for the coffee drinking Americans.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beaver25
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The room was very clean, nicely furnished, well equipped, and adequate space. Staff was friendly and helpful. Coffee maker didn't work but was promptly replaced. Average continental breakfast but had to take it back to the room. One digital thermostatic wall unit controlled both the heat and AC for accurate setting but it took a little time to figure it out. No fitness room. Good location of motel across the road from a shopping center, and about a mile from fisherman's wharf and cannary row. My wife and I used an on-line coupon for a discount price on the room which made the room a very good value for 2 adults. We tried a similar on-line coupon for a nearby Super 8 and Padre Oaks Motel but coupon was not accepted.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronald j
Reviewed 12 October 2010

When you book a hotel in Monterey that's under $100, you shouldn't expect the Ritz! However, I was pleasantly surprised that the room was clean and not too cramped. We were 3 adults and one teen, and we managed just fine. While the hotel is vintage 1970's, there has been some renovation, including granite counters in the bathroom and a curved shower curtain rod to allow more room while taking a shower. The beds were comfortable and the sheets soft. The carpet looked fairly new. And free Wi-Fi, too. If you are really picky (and some reviewers seem to be), you may want to pay double and stay somewhere else. But, for us, it worked out very well and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family